Christian Views on Homosexuality

It won't happen in our country unless assholes like you start dictating who can be in politics and who can't, and what can be said by politicians, and what can't. And who can run, and who can't. Namely, if you install liberalism or progressivism as your "religion" and start penalizing those who dare to speak of their religion in public.

If you can't see that parallel, I can't help you. Removing people from their religion is not instilling freedom. Removing GOVERNMENT from religion is. You have no business in it. Stay the fuck out. We're free people, we can run as political candidates AND proudly state our religion, and our religious principles. At least we can, so far.

AHHH, but you don't see the danger of religion "infecting" government. Like I said, the revolution led by the people of Iran is all about "religion" in government. THEY WANT IT OUT!

I never liked my children being exposed to the occult while they were still young. The hatred against the gays, the belief that the world is six thousand years old. The nerve of these people saying they are "moral" while pushing this nonsense.

Remember, our constitution wrote into the constitution limits to religion to protect us from their extremist views. They wrote nothing against atheists. Think about why that is.

Once against, the revolution in Iran is because people are tired of the clergy running the country. They want religion out of government.

The people of Iran want a government more like ours.

American Christians want our government to be more like theirs. Think about it. Really think!

It won't happen in our country unless assholes like you start dictating who can be in politics and who can't, and what can be said by politicians, and what can't. And who can run, and who can't. Namely, if you install liberalism or progressivism as your "religion" and start penalizing those who dare to speak of their religion in public.

If you can't see that parallel, I can't help you. Removing people from their religion is not instilling freedom. Removing GOVERNMENT from religion is. You have no business in it. Stay the fuck out. We're free people, we can run as political candidates AND proudly state our religion, and our religious principles. At least we can, so far.

AHHH, but you don't see the danger of religion "infecting" government. Like I said, the revolution led by the people of Iran is all about "religion" in government. THEY WANT IT OUT!

I never liked my children being exposed to the occult while they were still young. The hatred against the gays, the belief that the world is six thousand years old. The nerve of these people saying they are "moral" while pushing this nonsense.

Remember, our constitution wrote into the constitution limits to religion to protect us from their extremist views. They wrote nothing against atheists. Think about why that is.

Once against, the revolution in Iran is because people are tired of the clergy running the country. They want religion out of government.

American Christians want our government to be more like theirs. Think about it. Really think!
Generalizations are ignorant. Anyone with half of a brain cell would not use them as they are so easily refuted. I am a Christian, I want no part of any theocracy.

As long as you keep generalizing, I will continue to demonstrate your fallacies.

A government more like ours, that allows anyone of any religion to be in government, and be openly religious, or not, as it appeals to them. To apply their religion, or not, as they wish.

They don't want religion out of government. They want government OUT of religion, so they won't be killed for demonstrating behavior which is "frowned upon" by their dictators.

Our constitution was built to PROTECT religion, not punish it.

Islam is the faith taught by Muhammad in the AD 600's.
Muhammad was an Arab who was born in Mecca about 570. He
believed he had been sent to warn and guide his people and
to call them to worship God (Allah). Muhammad preached
that there is only one God and that he, Muhammad was God's
messenger. Those who believe in the one God and accept
Muhammad as His messenger are called Moslems. History books
indicate that one night in the year 610, the first of many
revelations came to Muhammad from God by way of the angel
Gabriel (In Christianity this is the same Angel which
brings the news of Jesus' birth). The message Muhammad
received told him that there was but one God (Identical to
the inception of the Ten Commandments), not many gods, as
most Arabs believed. This God was creator of the world (In
Christianity, it's documented in Genesis Chapter 1 verse 1,
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth),
and He would one day judge mankind (This is also true in
Christianity: "The Lord will judge his people." Hebrews
10:30). Both of these religions share almost the same
framework, but they also differ in many ways.

Judaism, Islam, And Christianity

You would expect that three religions that came from the same place, have the same cast of characters and share "holy" sites, would be very similar.

Here is a chart highlighting many differences and similarities.

Comparison Chart: Baha'i, Islam, Christianity, Judaism - ReligionFacts

For those that say "Christians" are accepting of other people's religions, I only have to cite the first commandment:

'You shall have no other gods before Me.'

That's pretty clear. Not only that, it seems to suggest that there may be more than one God. Oops.

A government more like ours, that allows anyone of any religion to be in government, and be openly religious, or not, as it appeals to them. To apply their religion, or not, as they wish.

They don't want religion out of government. They want government OUT of religion, so they won't be killed for demonstrating behavior which is "frowned upon" by their dictators.

To apply their religion to who????

I have no problem with religious people being in government, but when they take that religion and use it to the detriment of those who have no mystical beliefs or "other" mystical beliefs, then we part ways.

It's one thing to make laws against "crime" (rape, murder, etc.), but it's another to use religion to make laws against those your occult text say are bad. The gays, obviously.

The constitution was also built to PROTECT us FROM religion. Without those protections, we would BE Iran.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want to understand WHEN Christianity became a TOOL by a very bigitod few to use our LAWS to discriminate against an unpopular few. It is VERY similar to the feftists using legislation to ban smoking in PRIVATELY owned bussinesses, or to force seat belt use(I use mine because I want to live) or taxes on beer and soon on sugery beverages. So tell me WHY in our system of gov't do you get to impose your religious views on the rest of the country.

I just want to understand WHEN Christianity became a TOOL by a very bigitod few to use our LAWS to discriminate against an unpopular few. It is VERY similar to the feftists using legislation to ban smoking in PRIVATELY owned bussinesses, or to force seat belt use(I use mine because I want to live) or taxes on beer and soon on sugery beverages. So tell me WHY in our system of gov't do you get to impose your religious views on the rest of the country.

You can't force me to inhale your smoke and then complain because I don't like it. After all, we can't just stop breathing. Air is highly addictive.

I don't know and I couldn't agree more with you. Social conservatism in the name of a religion is just the other end of the radical spectrum of authoritarians. If all, regardless of political leanings would pay attention to the Constitution, we all could be assured of protection from authoritarians on either end of the scale.

Here is a Republican's voice on this:

"On religious issues there can be little or no compromise. There is no position on which people are so immovable as their religious beliefs. There is no more powerful ally one can claim in a debate than Jesus Christ, or God, or Allah, or whatever one calls this supreme being. But like any powerful weapon, the use of God's name on one's behalf should be used sparingly. The religious factions that are growing throughout our land are not using their religious clout with wisdom. They are trying to force government leaders into following their position 100 percent. If you disagree with these religious groups on a particular moral issue, they complain, they threaten you with a loss of money or votes or both.

I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in "A," "B," "C" and "D." Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs to me?
And I am even more angry as a legislator who must endure the threats of every religious group who thinks it has some God-granted right to control my vote on every roll call in the Senate. I am warning them today: I will fight them every step of the way if they try to dictate their moral convictions to all Americans in the name of "conservatism."

I'll let you guess who.

You can't force me to inhale your smoke and then complain because I don't like it. After all, we can't just stop breathing. Air is highly addictive.

So ppl shouldn't be allowed to say things you don't agree with where you can hear them?

gayshangingiran-1.jpg

Ahmadinejad at Columbia University: "We have no homosexuals in Iran"

So in other words you respect Achmadinejad for keeping their religious practices pure and KILING thous who would DARE to live their livs as they see fit........Golly I wonder what will happen when we spread some democracy in Iran?

So ppl shouldn't be allowed to say things you don't agree with where you can hear them?
I assume that some 'atheists' are offended when they hear any speech about religion or referencing a religious concept. Many of them are unclear on the concept that they have no constitutional protection from being offended.

gayshangingiran-1.jpg

Ahmadinejad at Columbia University: "We have no homosexuals in Iran"

So in other words you respect Achmadinejad for keeping their religious practices pure and KILING thous who would DARE to live their livs as they see fit........Golly I wonder what will happen when we spread some democracy in Iran?
I would thank you for your unsolicited 'translation' of my post, but I don't thank those who are out of their mind.

Last edited:

As long as you keep your religious preaching out of my ears then I will do my very best to keep my smoke out of your face. Just last night I was smoking on the out side balcony. A men told me he was very bothered by smoke o I said "I'm sorry I try to be a respectfull smoker" and I move further down the balcony where it wouldn't bother him.

Why are christians so worried about whether other people ass fuck or not?
I'm not. Why are you posting generalizations? Why are you worried if they are worried?

christians are the BIGGEST gay haters around. Why do you care whether a guy ass fucks another guys, rather than his wife?
Plus the popes are all gay.
The priests are all pedophiles.
And jesus was probably gay too.
Why sweat the small stuff?

Why are christians so worried about whether other people ass fuck or not?
I'm not. Why are you posting generalizations? Why are you worried if they are worried?

christians are the BIGGEST gay haters around. Why do you care whether a guy ass fucks another guys, rather than his wife? ....
Why do you ask me a question I've answered twice already?
.... Plus the popes are all gay. ....
If they are, why are you worried about that?
.... The priests are all pedophiles. ....
Why do you post logical fallacies?
.... And jesus was probably gay too. ....
Why are you obsessed with who is gay?

As long as you keep your religious preaching out of my ears then I will do my very best to keep my smoke out of your face. Just last night I was smoking on the out side balcony. A men told me he was very bothered by smoke o I said "I'm sorry I try to be a respectfull smoker" and I move further down the balcony where it wouldn't bother him.

So you're saying you believe in restricting freedom of speech AND freedom of religion.

Gotcha.

For those of you stating the bible clearly defines marriage as between a man and a woman: can you please cite the passage just so it's in this thread somewhere? kthanx

If you are honestly arguing that Christianity, Judiasm, and Islam are similiar or even close to identical, then you are ignorant on all three religions.
What? All three have the same general foundation! Don't talk about ignorance on this topic, please...

In that case, Obama IS exactly like Hitler, given the fact they both rose to a platform of power on a promise of "hope and change".
Oho! a hick who found one thing in common and so compares them as equal. Hey I don't know if you heard this, but apples are red, and fire hydrants are red, so therefore apples are EXACTLY like Hitler!

It's uncannier than the x-men!

Yes, but protect is for the people - ALL the people - not just the few individuals you happen to like. When a politician goes to work, they should leave their religion at the door. That's separation of church and state. Note I said "religion", not morals. Many hicks tend to have trouble discerning the difference between the two.

The fact is, studies have actually shown a strong positive correlation between religion and crime, teen pregnancy, STD transmission, and a number of other undesirables.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article571206.ece
http://www.ffrf.org/timely/Religion&Society.pdf (PDF)

Seems to me that the people who can find morality for themselves with logic and social responsibility are better at it than those who are forced their morality with hand-waiving and "cuz the bible sez so!".

So while it's apparent to everyone that the bible is not too fond of homosexuality, can any Christian tell me why we should ban gay marriage as being recognized by our government?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back