"christian Terrorism"

Mr. Ofo Oao

Sep 19, 2014
Hi,

I came across this link from Wikipedia in my studies: Christian terrorism - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia , and I wondered what would be the general thoughts of others about the information in the link. Christians, and everyone else, what are your thoughts about the term, "Christian terrorism" and the information contained in the link? Thank you very much for all answers...

Hi,

I came across this link from Wikipedia in my studies: Christian terrorism - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia , and I wondered what would be the general thoughts of others about the information in the link. Christians, and everyone else, what are your thoughts about the term, "Christian terrorism" and the information contained in the link? Thank you very much for all answers...

Its almost as fascinating as your fear of admitting to being a Muslim....a jailhouse convert no less.

Notice under the US besides the Klu Klux Klan there are only what 3 actual attacks made by supposed Christian terrorists and one of those is not proven.

United States
See also: Anti-abortion violence in the United States and Ku Klux Klan

Ku Klux Klan with a burning cross

The End. Victoriously slaying Catholic influence in the U.S. Illustration by Rev. Branford Clarke from Klansmen: Guardians of Liberty 1926 by Bishop Alma White, published by the Pillar of Fire Church in Zarephath, NJ.
After the American Civil War of 1861–1865, members of the Protestant-led[59] Ku Klux Klan (KKK) organization began engaging in arson, beatings, cross burnings, destruction of property, lynching, murder, rape, tar-and-feathering, and whipping. They targeted African Americans, Jews, Catholics, and other social or ethnic minorities.

Klan members had an explicitly Christian terrorist ideology, basing their beliefs in part on a "religious foundation" in Christianity.[60] The goals of the KKK included, from an early time onward, an intent to "reestablish Protestant Christian values in America by any means possible", and they believed that "Jesus was the first Klansman."[61] From 1915 Klansmen conducted cross-burnings not only to intimidate targets, but also to demonstrate their respect and reverence for Jesus Christ, and the ritual of lighting crosses was steeped in Christian symbolism, including saying prayers and singing Christian hymns.[62] Within Christianity the Klan directed hostilities against Catholics. Modern Klan organizations, such as the Knights Party, USA, continue to focus on the Christian supremacist message, detecting a "war" which allegedly aims to destroy "western Christian civilization."

After 1981, members of groups such as the Army of God began attacking abortion clinics and doctors across the United States.[63][64][65] A number of terrorist attacks were attributed by Bruce Hoffman to individuals and groups with ties to the Christian Identity and Christian Patriot movements, including the Lambs of Christ.[66] A group called Concerned Christians was deported from Israel on suspicion of planning to attack holy sites in Jerusalem at the end of 1999; they believed that their deaths would "lead them to heaven".[67][68]

The motive for anti-abortionist Scott Roeder murdering Wichita doctor George Tiller on 31 May 2009 was the belief that abortion is not only immoral, but also a form of murder under "God's law", irrespective of "man's law" in any country, and that this belief went "hand in hand" with his religious beliefs.[69][70] The group supporting Roeder proclaimed that any force used to protect the life of a born child is "legitimate to protect the life of an unborn child", and called on all Christians to "rise up" and "take action" against threats to Christianity and to unborn life.[71] Eric Robert Rudolph carried out the Centennial Olympic Park bombing in 1996, as well as subsequent attacks on an abortion clinic and on a lesbian nightclub. Michael Barkun, a professor at Syracuse University, considers Rudolph to likely fit the definition of a Christian terrorist. James A. Aho, a professor at Idaho State University, argues that religious considerations inspired Rudolph only in part.[72]

Hutaree was a Christian militia group based in Adrian, Michigan. In 2010, after an FBI agent infiltrated the group a federal grand jury in Detroit indicted nine of its members on charges of seditious conspiracy to the use of improvised explosive devices, teaching the use of explosive materials, and possessing a firearm during a crime of violence.[73] On 28 March 2012, the conspiracy charges were dismissed.[74] Terrorism scholar Aref M. Al-Khattar has listed The Covenant, The Sword, and the Arm of the Lord, Defensive Action, The Freemen Community, and some "Christian militia" as groups that "can be placed under the category of far-right-wing terrorism" that "has a religious (Christian) component".[75]

Yet we are to believe Guno's claim that Muslims have killed less Americans.

Its almost as fascinating as your fear of admitting to being a Muslim....a jailhouse convert no less.

Sir/Ma'am, with all due respect, I humbly suggest that you need some form of psychiatric treatment, that you would think that I am a Muslim who has to be afraid of you, and you need some form of higher education if you think that anyone who defends Muslims/Islam is automatically a Muslim (for that higher education, see Holy Qur'an 2:62.)

Hopefully, it will offend you that I pray to "the God of Prophet Muhammad" though I am NOT a Muslim...

Sir/Ma'am, with all due respect, I humbly suggest that you need some form of psychiatric treatment, that you would think that I am a Muslim who has to be afraid of you, and you need some form of higher education if you think that anyone who defends Muslims/Islam is automatically a Muslim (for that higher education, see Holy Qur'an 2:62.)

Hopefully, it will offend you that I pray to "the God of Prophet Muhammad" though I am NOT a Muslim...

Sorry to disappoint you but I not offended if you prayed to any god you like but I must point out that if you pray to the god of Mohammed and you are NOT a Muslim you are either a liar or a schmuck or both.

Unfortunately there is no psychiatric treatment available and no medication on earth that can help you with that.

Sorry to disappoint you but I not offended if you prayed to any god you like but I must point out that if you pray to the god of Mohammed and you are NOT a Muslim you are either a liar or a schmuck or both.

Unfortunately there is no psychiatric treatment available and no medication on earth that can help you with that.

Well, as you don't know the Holy Qur'an but act as though you do, saying that I cannot be a non-Muslim and pray to "the God of Prophet Muhammad," or in other words as you show yourself to be a LIAR, hopefully you are LYING about not being offended by me praying to "the God of Prophet Muhammad."

But onto more important things, as the Holy Qur'an shows, Muslims are not the only ones who believe in "the God of Prophet Muhammad" (Holy Qur'an 2:62:)

"Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day and does good, they have their reward with their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve."

Just for your information, today I joined the Sabian faith; for the last time, I am NOT a Muslim...

Passion Hand

It seems plausible from this Wikipedia entry that stories of Christians engaged in terrorism are worthy of investigation. There are stories from around the world and from the United States.

Wikipedia is a reliable people-friendly (and user-edited) information 'dialogue' source.

The entry suggested to me that passionate Christian end times prophecies about a devastating AntiChrist motivates radicals to 'bring about' a 'rapture' through self-determined acts of violence or turmoil.

While the Bible also suggests that such acts of fanaticism are too proud to be anything but the work of the Devil, we can assume that Christians, like anyone else, are vulnerable to their own ethos of religious manifestation.

Islam is a passionate religion and it too breeds terrorism. We can interpret Christianity-oriented persecutions of witchcraft can be construed as fanatical acts of religious terrorism or bigotry.

Economics and politics can aid in the peaceful dissemination of religion, and indeed, in our modern world of consumerism-catalyzed globalization (i.e., eTrade), culture-contact comes in the form of productive goods-exchange. Social critics have been discussing BP-OPEC renewable energy joint-ventures which are not only good for the free market but also for the environment and beneficial networking.

This is perhaps why eco-terrorism is gaining new voice and in some cases dangerous tones.

The Wikipedia entry implies that terrorism must be evaluated in absolute terms for constructive dialogue so as to promote a more democratic or people-friendly management of 'spiritualism leadership.'

:blues:

Antichrist film - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

storm.jpg

Hi,

I think its an excellent example of how little intelligent thought goes into a wiki article......

Hi,

My opinion is think for yourself.

Add up the conflicts in the world and see what the common denominator in those conflicts may be.

Don't listen to people who post their racist BS that anything done by a white person was done because of Christianity. YOU will find NO major Christian denomination teaching violence, none, just the opposite.

People who hate Christianity, for whatever reason, will take the side opposite of Christianity every time. They are inflexible in the belief that Christians somehow have it out for them. Even though I could name 100s of Christian charities who help EVERYONE but have a hard time thinking of one by other religions/faiths that doesn't help their own.

What I think is the problem is that Christians feel the need to state that obvious, that abortion is wrong. That homosexuality is not a basis for marriage, and that there is infact a right or wrong. Other religions hold to these same beliefs but Christianity being the dominate faith and its calling, and only calling, was to spread the word take the heat.

Notice under the US besides the Klu Klux Klan there are only what 3 actual attacks made by supposed Christian terrorists and one of those is not proven.

United States
See also: Anti-abortion violence in the United States and Ku Klux Klan

Ku Klux Klan with a burning cross

The End. Victoriously slaying Catholic influence in the U.S. Illustration by Rev. Branford Clarke from Klansmen: Guardians of Liberty 1926 by Bishop Alma White, published by the Pillar of Fire Church in Zarephath, NJ.
After the American Civil War of 1861–1865, members of the Protestant-led[59] Ku Klux Klan (KKK) organization began engaging in arson, beatings, cross burnings, destruction of property, lynching, murder, rape, tar-and-feathering, and whipping. They targeted African Americans, Jews, Catholics, and other social or ethnic minorities.

Klan members had an explicitly Christian terrorist ideology, basing their beliefs in part on a "religious foundation" in Christianity.[60] The goals of the KKK included, from an early time onward, an intent to "reestablish Protestant Christian values in America by any means possible", and they believed that "Jesus was the first Klansman."[61] From 1915 Klansmen conducted cross-burnings not only to intimidate targets, but also to demonstrate their respect and reverence for Jesus Christ, and the ritual of lighting crosses was steeped in Christian symbolism, including saying prayers and singing Christian hymns.[62] Within Christianity the Klan directed hostilities against Catholics. Modern Klan organizations, such as the Knights Party, USA, continue to focus on the Christian supremacist message, detecting a "war" which allegedly aims to destroy "western Christian civilization."

After 1981, members of groups such as the Army of God began attacking abortion clinics and doctors across the United States.[63][64][65] A number of terrorist attacks were attributed by Bruce Hoffman to individuals and groups with ties to the Christian Identity and Christian Patriot movements, including the Lambs of Christ.[66] A group called Concerned Christians was deported from Israel on suspicion of planning to attack holy sites in Jerusalem at the end of 1999; they believed that their deaths would "lead them to heaven".[67][68]

The motive for anti-abortionist Scott Roeder murdering Wichita doctor George Tiller on 31 May 2009 was the belief that abortion is not only immoral, but also a form of murder under "God's law", irrespective of "man's law" in any country, and that this belief went "hand in hand" with his religious beliefs.[69][70] The group supporting Roeder proclaimed that any force used to protect the life of a born child is "legitimate to protect the life of an unborn child", and called on all Christians to "rise up" and "take action" against threats to Christianity and to unborn life.[71] Eric Robert Rudolph carried out the Centennial Olympic Park bombing in 1996, as well as subsequent attacks on an abortion clinic and on a lesbian nightclub. Michael Barkun, a professor at Syracuse University, considers Rudolph to likely fit the definition of a Christian terrorist. James A. Aho, a professor at Idaho State University, argues that religious considerations inspired Rudolph only in part.[72]

Hutaree was a Christian militia group based in Adrian, Michigan. In 2010, after an FBI agent infiltrated the group a federal grand jury in Detroit indicted nine of its members on charges of seditious conspiracy to the use of improvised explosive devices, teaching the use of explosive materials, and possessing a firearm during a crime of violence.[73] On 28 March 2012, the conspiracy charges were dismissed.[74] Terrorism scholar Aref M. Al-Khattar has listed The Covenant, The Sword, and the Arm of the Lord, Defensive Action, The Freemen Community, and some "Christian militia" as groups that "can be placed under the category of far-right-wing terrorism" that "has a religious (Christian) component".[75]

Yet we are to believe Guno's claim that Muslims have killed less Americans.

You pick the WORST things to defend.

Hi,

Add up the conflicts in the world and see what the common denominator in those conflicts may be.

Don't listen to people who post their racist BS that anything done by a white person was done because of Christianity. YOU will find NO major Christian denomination teaching violence, none, just the opposite.

People who hate Christianity, for whatever reason, will take the side opposite of Christianity every time. They are inflexible in the belief that Christians somehow have it out for them. Even though I could name 100s of Christian charities who help EVERYONE but have a hard time thinking of one by other religions/faiths that doesn't help their own.

What I think is the problem is that Christians feel the need to state that obvious, that abortion is wrong. That homosexuality is not a basis for marriage, and that there is infact a right or wrong. Other religions hold to these same beliefs but Christianity being the dominate faith and its calling, and only calling, was to spread the word take the heat.

Just amazing to read racist christian terrorists defending christian terrorism and racism. Christians ARE violent. So are non-christians..

No one here has said they hate christianity but plenty of people here and elsewhere do hate the phony bible thumping you fakes hide behind.

Abortion is STILL none of your business unless you're the one who is pregnant.

Homosexuality is STILL none of your business and marriage equality is guaranteed in the US.

Where terrorism is concerned, it's important to differentiate between religions, and groups using religion or religious symbolism. Though the Nazis were Christian, there's not much to saying Christianity gives rise to Nazism. KKK uses Christianity though most would agree they ignore large swaths of it just as with ISIS using Islam while ignoring much of it.

Largely because of 9/11, any terror act commited by a Muslim, even a non-practicing hypocritical Muslim is going to be billed as Islamic terrorism. But that doesn't make it so.

Don't listen to people who post their racist BS that anything done by a white person was done because of Christianity. YOU will find NO major Christian denomination teaching violence, none, just the opposite...

The KKK is still around...they are a self-proclaimed CHRISTIAN organization who believes in TERRORISM...someone was behind this 2010 lynching in Mississippi:

CpkBKEtAUCHOHbK-556x313-noPad.jpg

Frederick Jermaine Carter hanging Lynching in Mississippi NO Suicide according to the NAACP EOTM ONLINE - ENTERTAINMENT NEWS CELEBRITY GOSSIP CELEBRITY NEWS

Don't listen to people who post their racist BS that anything done by a white person was done because of Christianity. YOU will find NO major Christian denomination teaching violence, none, just the opposite...

The KKK is still around...they are a self-proclaimed CHRISTIAN organization who believes in TERRORISM...someone was behind this 2010 lynching in Mississippi:

CpkBKEtAUCHOHbK-556x313-noPad.jpg

Frederick Jermaine Carter hanging Lynching in Mississippi NO Suicide according to the NAACP EOTM ONLINE - ENTERTAINMENT NEWS CELEBRITY GOSSIP CELEBRITY NEWS

Did they find the killer, if this wasn't a suicide? Anything is possible I didn't think Robin Williams would go out the way he did. So jumping to conclusion and saying that the KKK has anything related to Christianity is a mistake.

Forum List

Back