Christian Identity

I don't believe all Muslims are terrorists...they have their extremists just like any religion does...but not all extremists are crazy murderers like they are. Not all have such hate for others like they do.

Yes...we're to turn the other cheek (but not stand there and get beaten or killed..we can fight back)
Yes...we're to love our enemies (but not stand there and take it when our enemies want to kill us)
The mention of slavery in the Bible isn't talking about slaves (like when we had slaves in America). Many believe that this is talking about (nowadays) that it means if you have people that work for you in a business...this is how they must be treated. Remember, this book was written back when if someone worked for you, that person was your slave.

The Westboro Chruch is right when they say Homosexuality is a sin...the are NOT right when they say that God hates gays, or how about when they say God is happy when a soldier dies!!! God does NOT hate gays or anyone, he hates their sin. I don't hate gays, but i don't agree with their lifestyle - but that's between them and God. Being gay is a sin, but to God it's no bigger a sin than any other (stealing, adultry, or murder!). All sin is equal in Gods eyes.

Debated this today with my Born Again Christian co-worker. It seems to be very convienient for christians to pick and choose who is and who isn't a christian after the fact. Every christian that partook in the inquisition and witch burnings was not actually a christian because christians don't do those things, how convienient. He tells me not every sin is the same and some carry more weith than others. You tell me that all sin is the same. Yet you both claim to be christians and follow / use the King James Bible. If you follow this line of thinking Christianity is the perfect religion because it requires no personal responsibility, or responsibility for the church as a whole.

When else CAN you decide what kind of person someone is, other than after they act and show you? None of us are mind-readers, so we kinda have to see their actions to know what's going on inside them.

Maybe you should save your problems with your co-worker for your co-worker, though, instead of acting like the rest of us are somehow responsible to answer for his words.

If there was a procession of people all wearing white robes and carrying a cross in front of them, and they came to your town and killed seventy percent of the people. Then they went town to town doing the same thing. When they got to your town would you wait and see if they started killing people before you left?

I have no problems with my co-worker. He is a born again christian who keeps trying to save me and I'm a pagan who doesn't need saving. I respect his opinions on faith, no matter how wrong he is, and then drink beers on the weekend with him.

Your absolutely right, we will "ALL" be ok.:eusa_angel:

Yes...i really believe, and hope i'm right, that all good people will be ok. It's very hard for me to believe that even though a person does not confess that they're Christian, but they are GOOD people...doing good helping others, contributing to Charities, go by the laws (or 10 commandments), treat others with respect, that they will not go to Heaven! I pray everyday that they do. My parents were loving, caring, supportive....i don't know of anything that they really did wrong. But, they were not confessed Christians. My mother never belonged to a church that i know of, but she was the best. My dad was raised in a very strict Baptist church and once an adult he never went back. But he was the best....i can not believe that they would go to hell just because of these things.

Would love to know what you're basing this assertion on, other than wishful thinking.

This disagreement with a fellow christian illistrates my point on why the difference is so important. You can't even get along with a fellow christian, how are you supposed to get along with a non-christians. This illistates my point of intollerance by christians, of christians, and everyone else for that matter.

Yes...i really believe, and hope i'm right, that all good people will be ok. It's very hard for me to believe that even though a person does not confess that they're Christian, but they are GOOD people...doing good helping others, contributing to Charities, go by the laws (or 10 commandments), treat others with respect, that they will not go to Heaven! I pray everyday that they do. My parents were loving, caring, supportive....i don't know of anything that they really did wrong. But, they were not confessed Christians. My mother never belonged to a church that i know of, but she was the best. My dad was raised in a very strict Baptist church and once an adult he never went back. But he was the best....i can not believe that they would go to hell just because of these things.

Would love to know what you're basing this assertion on, other than wishful thinking.

Yes, you're probably right...it is wishful thinking. I'm not all knowing :)...like i said, many denominations have different beliefs when it comes to death. Some say you MUST ask God to come into your life and be saved before you die or you'll go to hell. They say it doesn't matter how good of a person you are, if you don't believe in God you have no chance when you die. This is so hard for me to believe that my all knowing and loving God would send people like this to hell to suffer forever! But i don't know...nobody will ever know for sure until their dead too!
Not all beliefs (other religions or other denominations) can all be right...someone is going to end up being wrong in the end. This is why i do what i feel is right, according to what i've learned from the word of God, by my prayers & Gods answers. Not by what a person tells me I should believe. I may end up being wrong, but i'm doing what i feel is right.

Don't let yourself get by bullied by her. All she has is an opinion just like you, and hers is no more right than yours.

As a Christian, I do not buy anything made in China because: 1) The gov't forces women to get an abortion if they already have one child. 2) The gov't persecutes Christians. 3) The gov't persecutes those who want democracy. 4) The gov't supports other dictatorships. 5) Communists are dedicated to ruling the world.

And starving them of money so that they remain an impoverished third-world country is going to help those problems how?

First, China is not a third world country. Secondly, are you suggesting that if we can't see results of our efforts to not supporting an oppressive regime, we should support it? Lastly did Christ say, "If you are just one person don't bother trying to change the world."?

Is this thread a clever call to racist idiots who think gawd is white like them? Or is it simply one racist idiot's....forget the second question the first fits. Wait till you find out gawd is black and female and she hates all you whities as much as you all hates people with heavy suntans. Since life started in Africa seems logical gawd is tannish, what's truly bewildering is we are all related and the only reason you are white is because your dumb ancestors liked the cold. I love the links in Big Hoss's signature, such nice people who hate based on nothing but skin tone. Maybe gawd is see-through, you think? LOL

"The Christian Identity movement is a movement of many extremely conservative Christian churches and religious organizations, extreme right wing political groups and survival groups. Some are independent; others are loosely interconnected. According to Professor Michael Barkun, one of the leading experts in the Christian Identity movement, "This virulent racist and anti-Semitic theology, which is practiced by over 50,000 people in the United States alone, is prevalent among many right wing extremist groups and has been called the 'glue' of the racist right."" http://www.religioustolerance.org/cr_ident.htm

"If the Lord must be disappointed in us men and our ways, so must be the Devil in the face of such courage, love, and companionship as plain people show." Norman Thomas

"The remarkable thing is that we really love our neighbors as ourselves: we do unto others as we do unto ourselves. We hate others when we hate ourselves. We are tolerant of others when we tolerate ourselves. We forgive others when we forgive ourselves." Eric Hoffer

Last edited:

Yes, you're probably right...it is wishful thinking. I'm not all knowing :)...like i said, many denominations have different beliefs when it comes to death. Some say you MUST ask God to come into your life and be saved before you die or you'll go to hell. They say it doesn't matter how good of a person you are, if you don't believe in God you have no chance when you die. This is so hard for me to believe that my all knowing and loving God would send people like this to hell to suffer forever! But i don't know...nobody will ever know for sure until their dead too!
Not all beliefs (other religions or other denominations) can all be right...someone is going to end up being wrong in the end. This is why i do what i feel is right, according to what i've learned from the word of God, by my prayers & Gods answers. Not by what a person tells me I should believe. I may end up being wrong, but i'm doing what i feel is right.

Don't let yourself get by bullied by her. All she has is an opinion just like you, and hers is no more right than yours.

Thanks! But really, I didn't feel bullied (maybe i should have?)...but she made me think about what i'd said. And it's a really tough subject to talk about, i pray to God to give me the answer and i've decided it's an answer i'll only get when i die. If she'd offended me..she would know... :)

If the commandment goes like this: Thou shalt not kill (or is it murder?), then wouldn't anyone who was a Christian oppose: abortion, capital punishment and war in general? Also, I do not see how the Christian Right can support a huge Defense budget and oppose social programs to help the poor. Bush, as an avowed Christian, never got Compassionate Conservatism beyond war and tax cuts for the wealthy. Where was the comapssion?

I find it interesting how fractured the christian religion really is, yet all claim the bible as their holy book. There seem to be many forms, sects, or denominations of christianity, yet when you ask someone they will respond, "I'm a Christian". They will not say I'm a Protestant, Catholic, Baptist or Methodist. I wonder why that is?

Because unless you are a Christian, it won't make much difference to you which denomination they are. And the Christianity is more important than which flavor it is.

It makes a huge difference which "flavor" it is. For example it obviously makes a difference to the Protestants and Catholics in Ireland. Martain Luther thought it was a huge deal as well. It makes a huge deal to those who leave organized christianity because we don't want to get sidetracked by the petty squabling about which christians are going to heaven and which ones aren't. It seems to be a given if you aren't Christian you can't get into heaven. These are just some of the reasons it is a big deal.

What part of "unless you are a Christian" was too complicated for you to understand, that you felt the need to point out to me that it - duhhh! - makes a difference to Christians? Did you have some sort of problem with reading comprehension in school? Or are you just so busy believing people are saying what you want to argue against that you can't be bothered to find out what they're ACTUALLY saying?

If the commandment goes like this: Thou shalt not kill (or is it murder?), then wouldn't anyone who was a Christian oppose: abortion, capital punishment and war in general? Also, I do not see how the Christian Right can support a huge Defense budget and oppose social programs to help the poor. Bush, as an avowed Christian, never got Compassionate Conservatism beyond war and tax cuts for the wealthy. Where was the comapssion?

Thou Shalt Not Kill - He's telling us we're not to kill (murder) others.
So of course abortion is murder (the baby did nothing to deserve being killed).
Then the Bible also tells us an Eye for an Eye...if someone murders another person, then they also should die. Which is what capital punishment is all about.
And there's wars almost all through the Bible. God doesn't expect us to stand around with our thumbs up our butt while people that hate us try to kill us. If we're being attacked we can fight back - that goes for war or if someone comes up to you pointing a gun at your face...

Because unless you are a Christian, it won't make much difference to you which denomination they are. And the Christianity is more important than which flavor it is.

It makes a huge difference which "flavor" it is. For example it obviously makes a difference to the Protestants and Catholics in Ireland. Martain Luther thought it was a huge deal as well. IT MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE TO THOSE WHO LEAVE ORGANIZED RELIGION LIKE christianity because we don't want to get sidetracked by the petty squabling about which christians are going to heaven and which ones aren't. It seems to be a given if you aren't Christian you can't get into heaven. These are just some of the reasons it is a big deal.

What part of "unless you are a Christian" was too complicated for you to understand, that you felt the need to point out to me that it - duhhh! - makes a difference to Christians? Did you have some sort of problem with reading comprehension in school? Or are you just so busy believing people are saying what you want to argue against that you can't be bothered to find out what they're ACTUALLY saying?

Hey, put your glasses on so you can read what I wrote. I'll make it bold so it will be easier for you. IT MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE TO THOSE WHO LEAVE ORGANIZED RELIGION LIKE christianity because we don't want to get sidetracked by the petty squabling about which christians are going to heaven and which ones aren't.

Forum List

Back