So now circumcision is a political issue?

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by M.D. Rawlings, Jun 11, 2011.

1. M.D. Rawlings

M.D. Rawlings Classical Liberal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,715
    Evangelicals Speak Out Against Measure Banning Circumcision
    June 11, 2001
    The Christian Post

Excerpt:

"In the pluralistic society of the United States in which parents are afforded wide authority for determining what constitutes appropriate child-rearing and child welfare, it is legitimate for the parents to take into account cultural, religious, and ethnic traditions, in addition to medical factors, when making this choice."

The practice of circumcision is an important tradition in Jewish and Muslim communities. Rabbi David Wolpe of Sinai Temple in Los Angeles commented on The Washington Post's On Faith forum that he finds the proposed ban "faintly ludicrous and very offensive."​

LINK

These people are serious: the inmates and the asylum that is San Francisco. . . .

2. BolshevikHunter

BolshevikHunter BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +273
    Russel Crowe recently commented that circumcision is a "barbaric practice". According to the media, he now is an anti-semite. LMAO! What a load of complete bullshit. Maybe that's because he's Australian like Mel Gibson? I dunno. I still will watch Gladiator and Braveheart again 100 times anyway. Oh and uh, If I had my choice, I would never have been clipped. ~BH

3. oldsalt

oldsalt Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Probably a good do-over for you, since it cut your dick length in half:cool:

4. Jroc

Jroc יעקב כהן Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,539
    I know a Jewish guy who came here from the USSR ,he sad they outlawed circumcision there, pretty sad... I guess some libs want that here.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m0FCzXYuGU]YouTube - ‪Love Police: Jewish Foreskin Joke Offends Policewoman‬‏[/ame]

6. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    :thup:

7. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,542
    San Francisco and the former USSR have a lot in common.

8. BolshevikHunter

BolshevikHunter BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +273
    That was a weak response bro. However, I'll give yuh a pass for that one oldsalt. Only because we did meet eachother half way in that other thread after this post. ~BH

9. C_Clayton_Jones

C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,869
    The proposal is unlikely to pass; and a court challenge is likely if it does.

Parental control and authority over minor children is a fundamental legal tenet and I fail to see a compelling governmental interest to preempt what is for some a religions practice.

10. Wingsofwind

Wingsofwind Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Actually, it does not make the length any shorter. I know from experience, as a woman. ;)

My husband was not cut when we first got together. He used to always get infections (due to other problems). His Doctor told him if he had it done it may help to keep the infections down. So he had it done at the age of 20 (ya, ouch). Once he healed he no longer got infections, they completely stopped! He nor I ever saw any difference in length, thickness, or even performance. He now says he wishes it was done while he was a baby.

So the argument that one is better for s*x over the other would not be true. Nor is the argument that Length would be changed. Especially when skin does stretch and adapt to size. And that the muscle is not cut or damaged in the procedure.