Chrissy Polis to sue McDonalds over beating

You suggest a Statist solution, I highlight some concerns with the Statist solution you advocate, and then you get whiny and run away?

^ This from the guy who advocates nothing but 100% statist solutions for every perceived societal ill both large and small.
Do cite. Seeing I would ultimately have the dissolution of the nation-state, it would seem you're talking out your neck

I cite your position on abortion.

Case closed. I win. You lose. :tongue:

To constitute depraved indifference, the defendant's conduct must be 'so wanton, so deficient in a moral sense of concern, so lacking in regard for the life or lives of others, and so blameworthy as to warrant the same criminal liability as that which the law imposes upon a person who intentionally causes a crime. Depraved indifference focuses on the risk created by the defendant’s conduct, not the injuries actually resulting.

Depraved Indifference Law & Legal Definition

Negligence is carelessness that causes personal injury to someone else. It can be an action, like carelessly knocking a brick off a rooftop, or a failure to act, like a landlord who doesn’t repair a broken stair. Negligence often forms the basis for personal injury lawsuits.

To support a legal claim for negligence, the plaintiff (the person filing the lawsuit) must show four things: That the defendant (the person or entity being sued) owed the plaintiff a duty of care; that the defendant failed to exercise due care towards the plaintiff (i.e. breached the duty); that the defendant’s breach of duty caused the plaintiff’s injury; and that the plaintiff suffered damages as a result.

Personal Injury: Proving Negligence is Key to Winning a Personal Injury Lawsuit

I'm sure there is an insurance policy that will cover any personal injury claim filed, which will come down to what harm was done... What are the injuries and how will it effect that person's ability to work and live...? Hurt feelings don't usually amount to much.

I have not watched the video and only read some of the posts here, so I'm not sure of the status of any actual physical injury?
I can't see that there was any. Polis claimed to be epileptic...not sure if getting beat up would trigger a seizure. The seizure also looked, quite frankly, a little put on.

I'm sure there is an insurance policy that will cover any personal injury claim filed, which will come down to what harm was done... What are the injuries and how will it effect that person's ability to work and live...? Hurt feelings don't usually amount to much.

I have not watched the video and only read some of the posts here, so I'm not sure of the status of any actual physical injury?
I can't see that there was any. Polis claimed to be epileptic...not sure if getting beat up would trigger a seizure. The seizure also looked, quite frankly, a little put on.

It will most likely end with an insurance settlement and never make it to court.

It will most likely end with an insurance settlement and never make it to court.
I dunno...McDonald's fought that coffee scalding case and IMO it had a lot more merit.

We are a bunch of cowards,time and time again people have just stud by and watched let alone cheering them on. As a human how can we do this?

You suggest a Statist solution, I highlight some concerns with the Statist solution you advocate, and then you get whiny and run away?
Total Bullshit. You are doing no more than bringing ants to the picnic.
A Mac Donald's Customer has a Right to a Safe Environment to eat their Mac Donald's burger in.
Do you have a right to a safe environment when walking down the street? Or walking through a parking lot? Should you be able to sue a 98-year-old woman who owns a small store selling fruits and vegetables if you are assaulted by a third party in the premises and she doesn't risk her own life and well-being to physically intervene?

If a statist law like you've proposed were passed, that's what we're looking at. Do you ever think about the implications of a proposal, or are you incapable of looking beyond this one incident?
You can't maintain a decent atmosphere you need to be shut down

Your evidence this restaurant failed to do so and this was not an incident that arose due to circumstances (the presence of the exact parties and whatever transpired before the video starts) that the proprietor had no reasonable means on controlling entirely?

Yeah, the attack could have caused the Seizure. No it did not look put on. There were multiple head injuries there Ravi.

Had I been there, had Anyone with half a brain been there it would have played out differently.

Affirmative. There's very little I can predict and guarantee in life. But as God as my witness if I would have been there that shit would have been over in less than 30 seconds. Not the 3+ minutes it actually took. And if the cops weren't called they probably would STILL be beating her as the manager just half-assed told them to stop.

If I was there I would have stepped in between them and it would have been over. Period. Incident over in less than 30 seconds. This isn't tough talk. This isn't bragging. And this isn't beating my chest. It's the cold-hard truth. There were several people there who could have stopped that shit. They didn't want to stop it because some sick people get their jollies off on watching innocent people get the shit beat out of them. It was fun for them and they allowed it to continue.

Was glad to see the owner fire the fucktard who videotaped it.

I dunno...McDonald's fought that coffee scalding case and IMO it had a lot more merit.

If someone makes an injury claim the result depends upon how much harm and where the fault lies... So the two cases are very different.

Yeah, the attack could have caused the Seizure. No it did not look put on. There were multiple head injuries there Ravi.
Please...she was giving an interview a few days later...that is not multiple head injuries.

You could be right about the seizure, but I've never seen some pound their head against the wall quite like that. :doubt:

^ This from the guy who advocates nothing but 100% statist solutions for every perceived societal ill both large and small.
Do cite. Seeing I would ultimately have the dissolution of the nation-state, it would seem you're talking out your neck

I cite your position on abortion.

Case closed. I win. You lose. :tongue:
Pro-choice is '100% Statist'? :cuckoo:

Did you even bother to remember what my position is before posting that?

Do you ever bother to think at all?

guess Ravi has never seen anyone take a large hit to the head,seizures are,can be a common side effect.

Dosn't matter if it was a tranny or a granny still a human being.

Forum List

Back