2 Iowa teens plead guilty to beating Spanish teacher to death over bad grade

Willard Miller and Jeremy Goodale were both 16 when they were charged with the Nov. 3, 2021, slaying of Fairfield High School teacher Nohema Graber, whose body was discovered in a city park, hidden under a tarp, wheelbarrow and railroad ties.

The town of Fairfield is home to some 9,400 people and is about 100 miles southeast of Des Moines.

As details of the ambush and killing emerged, it left the community of 9,600 in deep shock and mourning over the loss of the well-regarded educator and leader in the town’s small but growing Latino community.

"We're glad the defendants have taken responsibility for the crime they committed and look forward to making sure justice is done at sentencing," Jefferson County Attorney Chauncey Moulding said following the hearings.

Prosecutors will recommend that Miller, now 17, receive life in prison with eligibility for parole after 30 years, and that Goodale, now 18, be eligible for parole after 25 years.

Prosecutors said the teens ambushed Graber when she went for her daily afternoon walk, after Miller met with her to discuss his grade. Witnesses saw her van leaving the park less than an hour later with two males in the front seat; it was later found abandoned. Goodale and Miller were initially detained after a witness provided police with photos of a Snapchat conversation in which Goodale allegedly implicated himself and Miller in the killing.

Let's see what kind of sentences the Judge hands down for these 2 savage, feral thugs.

Unfortunately they can't receive the Death Penalty.
They shouldn't get parole.

If they were black, we all know you wouldn't speak like this

2005...Roper v Simmons.

It would be nice if you actually had a clue before you ran off on your racist vicitimhood rants
Life without the possibility of parole is a Iowa State Law, has nothing to do with a Death Penalty Law. Sounds like you need to educate yourself. Making excuses for white folks is what boot lickers do.

Life without the possibility of parole is a Iowa State Law, has nothing to do with a Death Penalty Law. Sounds like you need to educate yourself. Making excuses for white folks is what boot lickers do.
When did I defend any white person? I was merely highlighting how capitol punishment isn't possible for juveniles, and hasn't been for years...and it was a black defendant that the law was changed over.

Geez man....you are clueless

Life w/o the possiblity of parole is not the law in Iowa or any state in the union for any juvenile, it can only be an option for a possible punishment in homocide cases, but can't be the only option. That's been the law for over a decade...and that too involved a African-American defendant.

Geez man, you are clueless....the Plantation bosses in the Demaklan like keeping your ignorant it would seem

Can you show me the city leaders that justify looting and burning.
Uh... chicago. Seriously, you're asking that question?

Go to 5:40 mark below and listen to the mental gymnastics being said by the newly appointed mayor Chicago.

The black community doesn't need politicians to stand up necessarily, but need leaders in the black community that WILL denounce the actions of these thugs. But when the black community does have those that stand up, the black community calls them Uncle Toms and shills for the white man.

When did I defend any white person? I was merely highlighting how capitol punishment isn't possible for juveniles, and hasn't been for years...and it was a black defendant that the law was changed over.

Geez man....you are clueless

Life w/o the possiblity of parole is not the law in Iowa or any state in the union for any juvenile, it can only be an option for a possible punishment in homocide cases, but can't be the only option. That's been the law for over a decade...and that too involved a African-American defendant.

Geez man, you are clueless....the Plantation bosses in the Demaklan like keeping your ignorant it would seem
These 2 didn't receive life without the possibility of parole because it is the law in Iowa.

In State v. Sweet, we categorically banned sentencing juvenile offenders to life without the possibility of parole under article I, section 17 of the Iowa Constitution.Mar 9, 2018

These 2 didn't receive life without the possibility of parole because it is the law in Iowa.

In State v. Sweet, we categorically banned sentencing juvenile offenders to life without the possibility of parole under article I, section 17 of the Iowa Constitution.Mar 9, 2018
great.

Willard Miller and Jeremy Goodale were both 16 when they were charged with the Nov. 3, 2021, slaying of Fairfield High School teacher Nohema Graber, whose body was discovered in a city park, hidden under a tarp, wheelbarrow and railroad ties.

The town of Fairfield is home to some 9,400 people and is about 100 miles southeast of Des Moines.

As details of the ambush and killing emerged, it left the community of 9,600 in deep shock and mourning over the loss of the well-regarded educator and leader in the town’s small but growing Latino community.

"We're glad the defendants have taken responsibility for the crime they committed and look forward to making sure justice is done at sentencing," Jefferson County Attorney Chauncey Moulding said following the hearings.

Prosecutors will recommend that Miller, now 17, receive life in prison with eligibility for parole after 30 years, and that Goodale, now 18, be eligible for parole after 25 years.

Prosecutors said the teens ambushed Graber when she went for her daily afternoon walk, after Miller met with her to discuss his grade. Witnesses saw her van leaving the park less than an hour later with two males in the front seat; it was later found abandoned. Goodale and Miller were initially detained after a witness provided police with photos of a Snapchat conversation in which Goodale allegedly implicated himself and Miller in the killing.

Let's see what kind of sentences the Judge hands down for these 2 savage, feral thugs.

Unfortunately they can't receive the Death Penalty.
It is unfortunate that they won't be executed.

I'm sure they won't be charged with a misdemeanor like three car thieves who killed a baby while trying to escape the police.

Forum List

Back