Chrissy Polis to sue McDonalds over beating

you would think the ones that seem to show real indifference to the victim here would be in more support of a person of alternative life styles. Interesting indeed!!???

I can't see that there was any. Polis claimed to be epileptic...not sure if getting beat up would trigger a seizure. The seizure also looked, quite frankly, a little put on.

Yeah, the attack could have caused the Seizure. No it did not look put on. There were multiple head injuries there Ravi.
Please...she was giving an interview a few days later...that is not multiple head injuries.

You could be right about the seizure, but I've never seen some pound their head against the wall quite like that. :doubt:

The lawyers will get all the doctor reports and any diagnostic studies including preexisting condition of seizures, etc... If they make the case that her seizures were cause by or made worse by the injury, it could be a substantial settlement.

Last edited:
The person who caused the injury was not a McDonald's employee, so it's nothing like burning someone by serving them with hot coffee. If McD's is found negligent they could be liable for the injuries, otherwise whoever caused the injury could be held personally liable...

Full disclosure (lol) I did not not watch the video yet...

The person who caused the injury was not a McDonald's employee, so it's nothing like burning someone by serving them with hot coffee. If McD's is found negligent they could be liable for the injuries, otherwise whoever caused the injury could be held personally liable...

They will share in the paying settlement,she should have no problems affording the operation now.

Then there's the criminal side of this,which will go down 1st,then the civil side.If they are convicted of anything its a slam dunk in civil court,if it makes it that far.

I think the only people that are liable are the idiots that beat her up.

Let me know what changes after you view it. ;)

Do cite. Seeing I would ultimately have the dissolution of the nation-state, it would seem you're talking out your neck

I cite your position on abortion.

Case closed. I win. You lose. :tongue:
Pro-choice is '100% Statist'? :cuckoo:

Did you even bother to remember what my position is before posting that?

Do you ever bother to think at all?

If you're pro-choice you do a heckuva job hiding that fact. :thup:

I think the only people that are liable are the idiots that beat her up.

You don't think the guy video taping it and cheering them on, then telling them to leave before the cops came had any responsibility?

Chrissy Lee Polis, the transgender woman brutally beaten by two teens in a Baltimore, Maryland area McDonald’s one week ago, says the attack was definitely a hate crime, and adds she will sue McDonald’s and the McDonald’s employees who stood by, according to reports. The employees were momentarily filmed watching and laughing in a three-minute video, as two teens brutally beat and battered her into a seizure last Monday.

Chrissy Lee Polis: It Was A Hate Crime, I Will Sue McDonald’s | The New Civil Rights Movement

I'm not sure that she has a chance in hell of winning anything. Someone called the police and as far as I know that was their only legal obligation.

I doubt seriously McDonald's employees are trained or required to break up fights.

I agree. they aren't paid or trained to break up fights or stop thieves either.

It was rotten imho, for the manager and employees not to swarm them and break up the beat down cause that wasn't a fight, but its not illegal.

I'm no lawyer and didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I suspect that legally a person should have a reasonable expectation of safety when they're in a commercial business that's there for the purpose of serving the general public.
As opposed to being anywhere else in public? If I am being assaulted by multiple persons and you do not physically intervene, should I be allowed to sue you? Should someone who is unable to stop the assault be punished for not risking his/her own life and welfare in a futile intervention? Who is to judge whether someone should have believed they could have physically stopped an assailant? Should someone have to worry that they must choose between risking their own well-being and being sued?
Sallow said:
Hi, you have received -129 reputation points from Sallow.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
Apparently the idea of men dressing like women and laying in wait in rests rooms escapes you. That\'s why he got his ass kicked.

Regards,
Sallow

Note: This is an automated message.

1) That doesn't follow at all

2) So now you're saying the victim was clearly a rapist planning to assault one of these girls? :wtf:

Chrissy Lee Polis, the transgender woman brutally beaten by two teens in a Baltimore, Maryland area McDonald’s one week ago, says the attack was definitely a hate crime, and adds she will sue McDonald’s and the McDonald’s employees who stood by, according to reports. The employees were momentarily filmed watching and laughing in a three-minute video, as two teens brutally beat and battered her into a seizure last Monday.

Chrissy Lee Polis: It Was A Hate Crime, I Will Sue McDonald’s | The New Civil Rights Movement

I'm not sure that she has a chance in hell of winning anything. Someone called the police and as far as I know that was their only legal obligation.

I doubt seriously McDonald's employees are trained or required to break up fights.

It was rotten imho, for the manager and employees not to swarm them and break up the beat down cause that wasn't a fight, but its not illegal.

Had they intervened they almost certainly would have been fired. Let's say a McD's employee stepped in and ended up punching one of the assailants. At THAT point McDonalds is 100% culpable and the assailant certainly could have sued the restaurant.

By the way, most McDonalds are in fact NOT corporate restaurants but rather are franchises, so I'm confused as to why the Corporation is being sued here. Except of course for the fact that the deep pockets.

Had they intervened they almost certainly would have been fired. Let's say a McD's employee stepped in and ended up punching one of the assailants. At THAT point McDonalds is 100% culpable and the assailant certainly could have sued the restaurant.

By the way, most McDonalds are in fact NOT corporate restaurants but rather are franchises, so I'm confused as to why the Corporation is being sued here. Except of course for the fact that the deep pockets.

Not necessarily true. One can intervene without using unnecessary force, which benefits everyone involved. You see a Lady in the Video doing exactly that. Yes, some Mac Donald's ate Independent Franchises, not all. Still the issue here is in part deter from future attacks for the enjoyment of mindless You-Tube Idiots. This is a very bad trend. Mac Donald's will have some liability, depending on how they handle it, and what they put in place as a deterrent. Even Security Cameras will be an improvement.

Not necessarily true. One can intervene without using unnecessary force, which benefits everyone involved. You see a Lady in the Video doing exactly that. Yes, some Mac Donald's ate Independent Franchises, not all. Still the issue here is in part deter from future attacks for the enjoyment of mindless You-Tube Idiots. This is a very bad trend. Mac Donald's will have some liability, depending on how they handle it, and what they put in place as a deterrent. Even Security Cameras will be an improvement.

How many McD's employees do you figure are trained on using proper force? Hell half the time trained police officers can't get that right. And what about the customers there, are they also culpable if they don't intervene?

How many McD's employees do you figure are trained on using proper force? Hell half the time trained police officers can't get that right. And what about the customers there, are they also culpable if they don't intervene?

Good question. Finding yourself on the wrong side of that equation, how important would even a single voice of reason be to you right then? Life is risk, Karma is a Bitch, so is Conscience, so is living with Conscience. There are all different kinds of people out there, thank God for that. Without that, the whole planet would be reduced to "Last Man Standing" and Brutality would dictate. Not my kind of World. If you give half a shit you make a difference. You find a way.

Good question. Finding yourself on the wrong side of that equation, how important would even a single voice of reason be to you right then? Life is risk, Karma is a Bitch, so is Conscience, so is living with Conscience. There are all different kinds of people out there, thank God for that. Without that, the whole planet would be reduced to "Last Man Standing" and Brutality would dictate. Not my kind of World. If you give half a shit you make a difference. You find a way.

Oh, I agree with you. I'm just saying from a corporate point of view, McDonalds has thousands of employees, most of them uneducated 20 somethings. They obviously can't risk the financial exposure that they would if they allowed their employees to confront wrong doers. It's the exact same reason that Wal Mart employees are not allowed to follow people out of the store even if they see them carrying unpaid for merchandise out.

Oh, I agree with you. I'm just saying from a corporate point of view, McDonalds has thousands of employees, most of them uneducated 20 somethings. They obviously can't risk the financial exposure that they would if they allowed their employees to confront wrong doers. It's the exact same reason that Wal Mart employees are not allowed to follow people out of the store even if they see them carrying unpaid for merchandise out.

Hate Crime: Young Transgender Woman Beaten Into Seizure At McDonald’s | The New Civil Rights Movement

The Video is on this Link.

The Manager, A Lady Customer, did make a difference, they at least tried. The crew filming the attack were pretty worthless. From a Corporate Perspective, they need to play Catch-up with Surveillance and Security. Arguably not everywhere, but in high risk areas. That's all I'm saying.

Hate Crime: Young Transgender Woman Beaten Into Seizure At McDonald’s | The New Civil Rights Movement

The Video is on this Link.

The Manager, A Lady Customer, did make a difference, they at least tried. The crew filming the attack were pretty worthless. From a Corporate Perspective, they need to play Catch-up with Surveillance and Security. Arguably not everywhere, but in high risk areas. That's all I'm saying.

Well that's why most fast food restaurants give LEO free food /drink especially in non peak hours, encourage them to hang around. Yeah I agree with you and others though that the employees shouldn't have been filming and cheering. That's pretty bad and I can't and I mean REALLY can't believe that none of the customers were man enough to step in.

LOL it was only a matter of time. This case is GOLD! Video of a vicious beating. The employees cheering it on and video taping. The victim going into a siezure. Massive exposure and sympathy for the victim. Victim is a trannie. A large, deep pocket and image concious corporation. The beating started and all happened within McDonald's restaurants. She and her lawyer will get rich off this. It will be in the millions!

Exactly! Nothing really has to be proven. All Plantiff has to do is show 12 people that she was injured and McD employees did nothing to help and actually attempted to aid defendants' arrest and prosecution.
Hell A woman was awarded 6 million for spilling hot coffee on her crotch. She ordered and was sold hot coffee and sued because she got exactly what she asked for.

Forum List

Back