2 Iowa teens plead guilty to beating Spanish teacher to death over bad grade

Jul 26, 2010
North Carolina
Willard Miller and Jeremy Goodale were both 16 when they were charged with the Nov. 3, 2021, slaying of Fairfield High School teacher Nohema Graber, whose body was discovered in a city park, hidden under a tarp, wheelbarrow and railroad ties.

The town of Fairfield is home to some 9,400 people and is about 100 miles southeast of Des Moines.

As details of the ambush and killing emerged, it left the community of 9,600 in deep shock and mourning over the loss of the well-regarded educator and leader in the town’s small but growing Latino community.

"We're glad the defendants have taken responsibility for the crime they committed and look forward to making sure justice is done at sentencing," Jefferson County Attorney Chauncey Moulding said following the hearings.

Prosecutors will recommend that Miller, now 17, receive life in prison with eligibility for parole after 30 years, and that Goodale, now 18, be eligible for parole after 25 years.

Prosecutors said the teens ambushed Graber when she went for her daily afternoon walk, after Miller met with her to discuss his grade. Witnesses saw her van leaving the park less than an hour later with two males in the front seat; it was later found abandoned. Goodale and Miller were initially detained after a witness provided police with photos of a Snapchat conversation in which Goodale allegedly implicated himself and Miller in the killing.

Let's see what kind of sentences the Judge hands down for these 2 savage, feral thugs.

Unfortunately they can't receive the Death Penalty.

We get it. You found a story where a couple white kids kill a Hispanic. How long did THAT take you? You would be better off focusing on all the black on black violence and trying to solve THAT. You fucking moron!!
Just as I thought, your dumbass doesn't give a damn about 2 white savages killing a Hispanic woman had this been 2 black teenagers you racist buttercup MFs would be eating it up.

Just as I thought, your dumbass doesn't give a damn about 2 white savages killing a Hispanic woman had this been 2 black teenagers you racist buttercup MFs would be eating it up.
I don't give a shit about the skin color of any of them, at all.

We would get in fights as kids but I wouldn't even look at a teacher the wrong way. Now the are murdering them because the didn't study well enough.

These two probably grew up watching Hollywood TV shows. Warped their young minds on what is real and what is not.

We would get in fights as kids but I wouldn't even look at a teacher the wrong way. Now the are murdering them because the didn't study well enough.

Culturally, our society has collapsed. There is no discipline at home anymore and there is no discipline in the schools anymore. Schools used to dole out corporal punishment to kids who behaved badly. Now you have parents who will blame the schools or sue them for laying a hand on their child and schools let kids act like animals to avoid liability. I remember when I was in elementary school in the late 80s and early 90s our principal had a paddle in his office and that was in the Boston Public school system.

Willard Miller and Jeremy Goodale were both 16 when they were charged with the Nov. 3, 2021, slaying of Fairfield High School teacher Nohema Graber, whose body was discovered in a city park, hidden under a tarp, wheelbarrow and railroad ties.

The town of Fairfield is home to some 9,400 people and is about 100 miles southeast of Des Moines.

As details of the ambush and killing emerged, it left the community of 9,600 in deep shock and mourning over the loss of the well-regarded educator and leader in the town’s small but growing Latino community.

"We're glad the defendants have taken responsibility for the crime they committed and look forward to making sure justice is done at sentencing," Jefferson County Attorney Chauncey Moulding said following the hearings.

Prosecutors will recommend that Miller, now 17, receive life in prison with eligibility for parole after 30 years, and that Goodale, now 18, be eligible for parole after 25 years.

Prosecutors said the teens ambushed Graber when she went for her daily afternoon walk, after Miller met with her to discuss his grade. Witnesses saw her van leaving the park less than an hour later with two males in the front seat; it was later found abandoned. Goodale and Miller were initially detained after a witness provided police with photos of a Snapchat conversation in which Goodale allegedly implicated himself and Miller in the killing.

Let's see what kind of sentences the Judge hands down for these 2 savage, feral thugs.

Since no death penalty they should have gotten life without parole. I don’t care if they were under age, that teacher’ life is gone.

All bad and good, the positives of Islam is that they execute. These two just simply need executed. Period

I loved my Spanish teacher.....she was awesome.....even tho I was terrible at learning Spanish.....

But to kill your teacher over bad grades is insane....why didn't they just take French

it’s unfortunate junveniles can’t be executed? i suppose the idea of cruel and unusual punishment misses you

dembots just can’t help hide their lust for death

Feral thugs? Are they black?

No they are 2 savage white boys, oh that's right thugs is the new racist word for black men instead of the Nword. My bad I forgot.
Let's face it, had the killers been black and the teacher white the races wouldn't have even been mentioned in the mainstream press. That is racism on it's own.

Let's face it, had the killers been black and the teacher white the races wouldn't have even been mentioned in the mainstream press. That is racism on it's own.
There wouldn't have been a need to, because they would have rewritten the Law to give 2 black kids the Death Penalty. That's the real racism.

Forum List

Back