Chrissy Polis to sue McDonalds over beating

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
Chrissy Lee Polis, the transgender woman brutally beaten by two teens in a Baltimore, Maryland area McDonald’s one week ago, says the attack was definitely a hate crime, and adds she will sue McDonald’s and the McDonald’s employees who stood by, according to reports. The employees were momentarily filmed watching and laughing in a three-minute video, as two teens brutally beat and battered her into a seizure last Monday.

Chrissy Lee Polis: It Was A Hate Crime, I Will Sue McDonald’s | The New Civil Rights Movement

I'm not sure that she has a chance in hell of winning anything. Someone called the police and as far as I know that was their only legal obligation.

I doubt seriously McDonald's employees are trained or required to break up fights.

I'm no lawyer and didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I suspect that legally a person should have a reasonable expectation of safety when they're in a commercial business that's there for the purpose of serving the general public.

I'm no lawyer and didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I suspect that legally a person should have a reasonable expectation of safety when they're in a commercial business that's there for the purpose of serving the general public.
Why? That would mean every business that serves the public would be required to have armed guards and that just isn't so. As far as I know, only banks do and that isn't to protect their customers lives as much as it is to protect the money.

Well, you're wrong.

Let's take armed robbery for example. McDonalds, as well as most fast food restraunts , probably all, has a WRITTEN policy that employees are not to resist and are NOT to interfere, just hand over the fucking money. So if a burglar smacks a customer around , McDs has a written policy that an employee should stay out of it. I'm sure the same policy governs here even though it isn't written down, although it probably will be after this case.

This should be thrown out in summary judgment.

Not when they engage in inflammatory and abhorrent behavior. He may of instigated the incident by using the ladies room.

They have no more of an expectation of safety inside the building then they do outside the building. Restaurant employees are not qualified to provide security.

Why? That would mean every business that serves the public would be required to have armed guards and that just isn't so. As far as I know, only banks do and that isn't to protect their customers lives as much as it is to protect the money.

Just an FYI...

The guards at banks...many of them NOT armed...are trained to protect the public...not the money. If the customers are not harassed, they are trained to allow the theives to leave without incident.

Guards in bank transfer trucks are trianed to protect the lives of their partners and themselves and thus why they carry weapons. They, too, are trained to "let them flee" if the heist is successful.

Chrissy Lee Polis, the transgender woman brutally beaten by two teens in a Baltimore, Maryland area McDonald’s one week ago, says the attack was definitely a hate crime, and adds she will sue McDonald’s and the McDonald’s employees who stood by, according to reports. The employees were momentarily filmed watching and laughing in a three-minute video, as two teens brutally beat and battered her into a seizure last Monday.

Chrissy Lee Polis: It Was A Hate Crime, I Will Sue McDonald’s | The New Civil Rights Movement

I'm not sure that she has a chance in hell of winning anything. Someone called the police and as far as I know that was their only legal obligation.

I doubt seriously McDonald's employees are trained or required to break up fights.

Sounds like they need Private Security, at least in trouble spots. This shit is getting to be too common place.

Just an FYI...

The guards at banks...many of them NOT armed...are trained to protect the public...not the money. If the customers are not harassed, they are trained to allow the theives to leave without incident.

Guards in bank transfer trucks are trianed to protect the lives of their partners and themselves and thus why they carry weapons. They, too, are trained to "let them flee" if the heist is successful.

In troubled Locations where Security is needed, it should be provided.

They have no more of an expectation of safety inside the building then they do outside the building. Restaurant employees are not qualified to provide security.

Which is why I carry my own means of self-defense whenever I'm in public. I don't expect other people to protect or defend me. I intend to be ready to do it myself if that unfortuante situation ever occurs.

Which is why I could never have done any of those types of jobs. Also why I couldn't have ever join a LEO. I'm too much of a believer in Justice over Legality. I couldn't just let the bad guys walk away like that.

Sounds like they need Private Security, at least in trouble spots. This shit is getting to be too common place.

Kind of why I am a HUGE fan of Texas conceal carry permit. :Boom2:

In troubled Locations where Security is needed, it should be provided.

If I happen upon a McD'z with a security guard.... I will keep driving. Its obviously not a place I want to stop and have a bite to eat.

Im sure the NAACP is proud of the perps :eusa_whistle:

Just sayin'

Which is why I carry my own means of self-defense whenever I'm in public. I don't expect other people to protect or defend me. I intend to be ready to do it myself if that unfortuante situation ever occurs.

Which is why I could never have done any of those types of jobs. Also why I couldn't have ever join a LEO. I'm too much of a believer in Justice over Legality. I couldn't just let the bad guys walk away like that.

I carry as well. And I do believe in the right to do so, but it is an undeniable fact that many who carry concealed would only add to the danger if they ever actually drew their weapon.

I carry as well. And I do believe in the right to do so, but it is an undeniable fact that many who carry concealed would only add to the danger if they ever actually drew their weapon.

I will take that chance any day of the week.... Im sick of the criminals being in charge.

I suspect McDonald's will settle out of court. For their employees to stand there and not only watch but cheer on the fight and then warn the suspects that the cops are coming and that they better run is inexcusable.

I hate frivolous lawsuits but this one has some merit.

True. Though in my experience as a self-defense shooter, a competitive pistol shooter, an NRA certified instructor, and a certified range safety officer.... the worst ones often carry a badge.

Personally, I'll take my chances with my own skills and abilities rather than waiting for the Cavalry. Especially since it might be Custer's 7th Cavalry that shows up.

I will take that chance any day of the week.... Im sick of the criminals being in charge.

As are we all, but I do wish that higher standards were applied to CC permits. By the same token I also wish stiffer penalties were handed out to outlaws. Once again , the system is broken on both ends.

Forum List

Back