Chris Matthews: I forgot he was black tonight

Chris Matthews on Obama: 'I forgot he was black'

NEW YORK – MSNBC's Chris Matthews says President Barack Obama has done so much to heal racial divisions that he "forgot he was black" while watching his State of the Union address.

Those four words — "forgot he was black" — so instantly set the Twitter world afire that Matthews came back less than 90 minutes later Wednesday night to explain what he meant.

The MSNBC commentator said it was noteworthy to him that a black president was addressing a room of mostly white people and how it didn't seem to be an issue. He said he saw it in the context of growing up at a time racial divisions were ever-present.

Says Matthews: "I went in the room tonight, you could feel it wasn't there tonight and that takes leadership on his part, to get us beyond those divisions."

Chris Matthews on Obama: 'I forgot he was black' - Yahoo! News

Nothing at all like what you lunkheads are claiming... :lol:

NEW YORK – MSNBC's Chris Matthews says President Barack Obama has done so much to heal racial divisions that he "forgot he was black" while watching his State of the Union address.

Those four words — "forgot he was black" — so instantly set the Twitter world afire that Matthews came back less than 90 minutes later Wednesday night to explain what he meant.

The MSNBC commentator said it was noteworthy to him that a black president was addressing a room of mostly white people and how it didn't seem to be an issue. He said he saw it in the context of growing up at a time racial divisions were ever-present.

Says Matthews: "I went in the room tonight, you could feel it wasn't there tonight and that takes leadership on his part, to get us beyond those divisions."

what is being claimed...mathews said it....it was a stupid thing to say.....he forgot he was black which means he thinks of him as black the rest of the time.....

mathews sees race.....and for a moment he didn't.....says a lot about him....

Chris Mathews said Obama sounded so good that he forgot he was black for an hour. WTF???????????????????? How racist is this guy, or, is he just NUTS???

I can see how Matthews would think this. After all, Obama wasn't speaking in a Negro dialect (but he could if he wanted to).

Liberals don't like Matthews. He's an idiot.

As Libocalypse aptly stated Chris Matthews is a Lib Dem Butt Sniffer.

But why would Fanatical Obamarrhoids like Ravi No Savvy turn on Chris Matthews, one of their Butt Sniffers ?

My guess is that Chris Matthews DESTROYED the credibility of the FAR LEFTY "Howling Mad" Howie Deanie the Weanie ONCE and FOR ALL TIMES with this ex DNC being forever established as an INSANE FAR LEFT LOONEY because of his BIZARRE Performance in the Chris Matthews' Interview.

As an Obamarrhoid, how the fuck would you like the LEADER of your Quasi INSANE MARXIST/COMMIE Party ( after all, that's what a DNC is) FINALLY being exposed for what it is by one of the IDOLS who is STILL revered by the majority of the Obamarrhoidal Idiots ??????

Im sorry there is no way to spin it.
There was no leadership , just arrogance and condescension .
Mathews is insane.

Do you remember that you're white everyday? The thought hardly ever occurs to me that I am white. Why do blacks and everyone around them have to keep thinking about their blackness...

You all simply misunderstand what he was saying. Let it go, you're wrong here.

Yup now picture a WHITE Republican making the EXACT same statement and tell us how understanding YOU would have been.

Do you remember that you're white everyday? The thought hardly ever occurs to me that I am white. Why do blacks and everyone around them have to keep thinking about their blackness...

Yup now picture a WHITE Republican making the EXACT same statement and tell us how understanding YOU would have been.

Yup, you were wrong and your argument needs work. You started being wrong once you posted the yahoo link in defense of the OP and his lie.

Whites don't think about their color because it's not taught to them from birth.

Blacks are constantly reminded all of their lives they're black at home, in movies, in barbershops, and in church.

Black History month is an example of this ethnic reinforcement or peer pressure. Being black means you've got to stick together. Now they want to even separate themselves from us imposing self-segregation.

You're not black unless you got "Pants on the ground" or talk in a "Negro Dialect". Your not black unless you've been down for the struggle. All blacks must give back to the black community if they become successful.

These are taught to them from birth.

It's called wearing your blackness on your sleeve.

Obama doesn't do it all of the time but he has been known to.

He's learned to play the game and smile in the faces of whites. It's all in his book.

But he will never forget that he's black.

Matthews is an idiot....and he keeps proving it every day. I don't think he's being racist...he's just saying what's on his mind....and probably on alot of Democrat's minds. They tend to think in stereotypes. It's something all of us do...but I think it's more prevalent in the Democrat ranks because playing on stereotypes is their bread and butter. It's how they pit one side against another.....cause divisions.....and get elected.

What does anyone expect from such a liberal loon! It's people like him who are the ones who have issues with race and color and guilt! And it's people like him who are the first to yell YOUR RACIST is one doesn't agree with an Obama policy.

I watched the entire speech. Obama could have been a rainbow of colors, spotted, striped, plaid or hounds-tooth, it didn't matter! I did not see color. What I saw was lie ... lie .. fall promise ... arrogance ... lie ... empty promise ... more spending .. lie ... lie ... lie.

Of course, the lib's would be throwing their patented liberal hissyfits if a conservative said such a thing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMxVakssDdI]YouTube - Chris Matthews reaction to Obama SOTU: I forgot he was black[/ame]

Come on you liberal idiots, where's the outrage, you fucking hypocrites?

Intolerance is the very essence of liberalism/progressivism.... do some reading on Eugenics and the progressive movement.

Libs/Progressives LOVE minorities... just as long as they know their place and God forbid they get uppity on them.. just ask Clarence Thomas, Michael Steele, J.C. Watts, Condi Rice, etc.

Forum List

Back