Chris Matthews: I forgot he was black tonight

Mr. Matthews had to utter a racist statement so he can apologize for it. All the big name liberals are doing it.

Did anybody who watched the speech think about his race at all? Unbelievable...If someone on the right had said this...the outrage would be deafening. Maybe this could be evidence that Chris Mathews is a racist. Why would he focus just on the president's race. Maybe liberals are just more racist than others.

Watch Chris:
RealClearPolitics - Video - MSNBC's Matthews On Obama: "I Forgot He Was Black Tonight"

usarmyretired, did you once think about his race during the speech?

What is a racist? Does anyone now? Can someone write down a definition we can all agree on? Is it just a word used to criticize another? Was the civil war fought over slavery or racism? If slavery, were Southerners racists? Were the lynchings racist? Jim Crow, was that racist? Separate but equal was that racist? White power is that racist? Separate facilities was that racist? Is a cracker with a confederate flag racist? Why did the democrats lose the South after voting rights were passed? Was calling LBJ a '****** lover' racist? Is the fact Black unemployment twice white, racist? Are the number of Blacks in prison racist? Is David Duke racist? Is the KKK racist?

Kinda weird but it seems like we can know racism, yet somehow someway, few are honest enough to talk openly about it. Maybe Matthews in the case deserves credit for honest talk.

"White children, in the main, and whether they are rich or poor, grow up with a grasp of reality so feeble that they can very accurately be described as deluded--about themselves and the world they live in. White people have managed to get through their entire lifetimes in this euphoric state, but black people have not been so lucky: a black man who sees the world the way John Wayne, for example, sees it would not be an eccentric patriot, but a raving maniac." James Baldwin

Let's face it...Chris Matthews can say whatever he wants and not get blasted...MOSTLY because NOBODY is watching....but also because he his racial opinions always have and alwasy will get a pass.

P.S. He's an overbearing BORE

Uhm, there is a thread about him and you spoke from first hand knowledge that he is a bore, but NOBODY is watching?

I am confused. :lol:

Wonder if that tingle is STILL running up and down OL'Chrissy boys leg. Guys a loon.

He used to talk about Bush and how hot he was in jeans.

the guy has a new man crush every couple of years

Chris Mathews said Obama sounded so good that he forgot he was black for an hour. WTF???????????????????? How racist is this guy, or, is he just NUTS???

Did you think about him being black for that hour?

:lol:

I stopped looking at him as black as soon as the media stopped referring to him as the first Black President.

But whether I did or did not see him as black.....I would not think of him as "not black" becuase he "sounded good".

It was one really screwed up statement that spoke volumes about Mathews.

ANd as for the Reid thing...one thing that was never discussed.....Do you think Reid listened to...say ....Clinton...back in the early 90's and said "he is a good candidate becuse he does not talk in a white trash lingo?"

I ask for a reason......most whites do not talk white trash so one who DOES talk white trash is noticed, but one who does NOT talk white trash is never noticed as one who does not talk white trash....

SO is it that Reid believes most blacks speak in a black dialect?

Chris Mathews said Obama sounded so good that he forgot he was black for an hour. WTF???????????????????? How racist is this guy, or, is he just NUTS???

Did you think about him being black for that hour?

:lol:

I stopped looking at him as black as soon as the media stopped referring to him as the first Black President.

But whether I did or did not see him as black.....I would not think of him as "not black" becuase he "sounded good".

It was one really screwed up statement that spoke volumes about Mathews.

ANd as for the Reid thing...one thing that was never discussed.....Do you think Reid listened to...say ....Clinton...back in the early 90's and said "he is a good candidate becuse he does not talk in a white trash lingo?"

I ask for a reason......most whites do not talk white trash so one who DOES talk white trash is noticed, but one who does NOT talk white trash is never noticed as one who does not talk white trash....

SO is it that Reid believes most blacks speak in a black dialect?

I swear in this post this is what I see.

性交が述べているである何。 あなたある種の特別な馬鹿または何かはであるか。 その場合、私はあなたおよびあなたの子供のためにとても残念である。

:lol::lol::lol: Careful now, you know that Criss Mathews is a liberals best FRIEND.

Now--who wants to bet that Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton & everyone else who is constantly calling out racist comments--completely ignores this comment--because it came from MSNBC aka the Obama media networks.

What is a racist? Does anyone now? Can someone write down a definition we can all agree on? Is it just a word used to criticize another? Was the civil war fought over slavery or racism? If slavery, were Southerners racists? Were the lynchings racist? Jim Crow, was that racist? Separate but equal was that racist? White power is that racist? Separate facilities was that racist? Is a cracker with a confederate flag racist? Why did the democrats lose the South after voting rights were passed? Was calling LBJ a '****** lover' racist? Is the fact Black unemployment twice white, racist? Are the number of Blacks in prison racist? Is David Duke racist? Is the KKK racist?

Kinda weird but it seems like we can know racism, yet somehow someway, few are honest enough to talk openly about it. Maybe Matthews in the case deserves credit for honest talk.

"White children, in the main, and whether they are rich or poor, grow up with a grasp of reality so feeble that they can very accurately be described as deluded--about themselves and the world they live in. White people have managed to get through their entire lifetimes in this euphoric state, but black people have not been so lucky: a black man who sees the world the way John Wayne, for example, sees it would not be an eccentric patriot, but a raving maniac." James Baldwin

OK....I'll just walk up to the next black I see doing something real well and say "Jeeze....you do that so well....I forgot you were black for a moment"!:eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back