Chris christie doubles down on treason - Slams GOP for not giving him money

Make Christie wait another month. Then give him far less than he's asking.

Why?

Christie isn't living in a trailer or an unheated home. Why make the victims wait when its Christie the rw's hate? And, why give the less than they need?

I will never understand how rw's think.

What Christie is asking for is for more than what his citizens "need". People living in trailers and unheated homes are not the fault of the federal government, but inept management by Christie.

Pubs could have written and passed their own bill in Congress for Sany Relief. They did not. Christy is right, and ultra con freaks are wrong.

Why?

Christie isn't living in a trailer or an unheated home. Why make the victims wait when its Christie the rw's hate? And, why give the less than they need?

What Christie is asking for is for more than what his citizens "need". People living in trailers and unheated homes are not the fault of the federal government, but inept management by Christie.

Mainstream Republicans are working on getting the ultras out. They cost the party the presidency in two elections now, and their power continues to wane.
Treason, that's hysterical. I wish you nits would form your own party.

Why?

"Inept management" caused the storm damage.

Thanks for telling me that cuz, I really didn't know that.

Pubs could have written and passed their own bill in Congress for Sany Relief. They did not. Christy is right, and ultra con freaks are wrong.

Your statement is a contradiction. Either the ultra right has influence or they don't. You appear to want it both ways.

Chris Christie is just pissed off because he's having trouble getting re-supplied with pork rinds, triple cheeseburgers, chocolate cake, and fried twinkies.

Now Boehner says they'll vote on Friday.

Is there anything that he controls, influences or simply does correctly the first time around?

Why do so many on the R seem to be unable to FEEL anything for their fellow Americans? I don't think saveliberty is the only one who is blaming Christie for the storm damage or not getting any help. But, its as though the R thinks people deserve to be out of their homes or freezing in the winter weather.

Sickening.

Not an "either" "or" situation. We could have written our own GOP bill. We did not. Christy has every right to bitch and to call out the ultras who are whinging.

Your statement is a contradiction. Either the ultra right has influence or they don't. You appear to want it both ways.

They tried. But the Tea Baggers are done.

A lesson from history, which few can see right now:

During the 60's, protests and disorder were being caused by a very vocal (and television newsworthy as far as ratings go) minority of people. Not that any of it was wrong, but Nixon realized this, and appealed to his "Silent Majority", who simply wanted law and order to return and was swept into the White House. TWICE.

Obama has also realized that most Americans do not subscribe to the radical tenets of Tea Baggism or Libertarianism. He appealed to a large segment of Americans who actually want everyone to work together for the common good.

Now watch as the atypical responces arrive. See, MOST Americans don't feel that way, and most Americans would stand behind what Christie is saying. Why are congressional approval ratings so low? Because they aren't working together - THIS is what MOST Americans want. "Stop arguing, and fix this mess!"

The only place these radical ideas have ANY support is the Internet, which, as I said, is used by the Average American for shopping.

Last edited:
That is not what saveliberty is saying at all, luddlydudly. You are a piece of left wing nonsense, the equal to the the TeaPs on the ultra right. Grow up, dudly.

During the 60's, protests and disorder were being caused by a very vocal (and television newsworthy as far as ratings go) minority of people. Not that any of it was wrong, but Nixon realized this, and appealed to his "Silent Majority", who simply wanted law and order to return and was swept into the White House. TWICE.

Obama has also realized that most Americans do not subscribe to the radical tenets of Tea Baggism or Libertarianism. He appealed to a large segment of Americans who actually want everyone to work together for the common good.

Now watch as the atypical responces arrive. See, MOST Americans don't feel that way, and most Americans would stand behind what Christie is saying. Why are congressional approval ratings so low? Because they aren't working together - THIS is what MOST Americans want. "Stop arguing, and fix this mess!"

The only place these radical ideas have ANY support is the Internet, which, as I said, is used by the Average American for shopping.

How can we fix the mess when we have a President who promises to reduce the debt, but then adds more to it.

The GOP has not forgotten how Christie deliberately sabotaged Romney's campaign and they're paying him back. Christie is done as a politician. He outsmarted himself

Chris Christie On Sandy Aid: House Republicans Were ‘Disappointing And Disgusting To Watch’ | _

Posted on January 2, 2013 by Angel - NYC

WASHINGTON — New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) lit into House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) and House Republicans Wednesday for not holding a vote on a Hurricane Sandy relief bill.

“There is only one group to blame for the continued suffering of these innocent victims: the House majority and their speaker, John Boehner,” he said. “This is not a Republican or Democratic issue. Natural disasters happen in red states and blue states and states with Democratic governors and Republican governors. We respond to innocent victims of natural disasters, not as Republicans or Democrats, but as Americans. Or at least we did until last night. Last night, politics was placed before oaths to serve our citizens. For me, it was disappointing and disgusting to watch.”

House Republicans declined to schedule a vote for Sandy aid Tuesday night, after voting to pass a fiscal cliff deal. If the House does not pass a disaster relief bill before noon on Thursday, when the new session of Congress begins, lawmakers will have to start over

When you cry "treason", what exactly do you mean?

You are part way there. Both parties are responsible for it, and a joint effort by both parties with the new Congress need to cut the budget. That means defense, as well, Asheed.

How can we fix the mess when we have a President who promises to reduce the debt, but then adds more to it.

Very good point.

And how quintessentially American to take it to the people instead of the GObP, "of the rich, by the rich and for the rich".

You are part way there. Both parties are responsible for it, and a joint effort by both parties with the new Congress need to cut the budget. That means defense, as well, Asheed.

No, both parties are not responsible. The President has never negotiated any cuts in spending.

Can he issue an edict saying that we will spend only so much money?

No - only Congress can do that. All the Pres can do is try to coerse them into doing it. But there are so many forces pulling at them that it's become impossible.

You are giving the office power it doesn't have to wield.

CONGRESS added more to it by blowing off any spending cuts. "Oh, we'll get to that later ..........". Except later never comes.

I'm not surprised by any of this. It goes completely contrary to what you and I would do under tight financial circumstances. But they aren't spending THEIR OWN money, so what needs to happen - REALLIFE spending control - never happens.

lol, oh brother...
Obama BARLEY wins re-election and all of sudden the whole world realizes everything is different..
they have all seen the light.. can we get a hallelujah and a amen

Last edited:
Now Boehner says they'll vote on Friday.

Is there anything that he controls, influences or simply does correctly the first time around?

Why do so many on the R seem to be unable to FEEL anything for their fellow Americans? I don't think saveliberty is the only one who is blaming Christie for the storm damage or not getting any help. But, its as though the R thinks people deserve to be out of their homes or freezing in the winter weather.

Sickening.

I see a couple layers of problems luddly.neddite:

1. Why can't people have access to flood and hurricane coverage without the government involved?

2. Why don't NJ and other coastal states have sinking funds to help pay for these disasters which are a matter of when and not if?

3. Why isn't the fiscal response to hurricanes at the national level not standardized? I know the level of damage is different for each of them, but some type of basic response should be in writing for each level of a hurricane.

4. If the situation is so dire, why isn't the media focused on it?

Deserve to be out of their homes and freezing? Really? Even Obama says demonizing each other is not a good idea.

Yes, for the last four years both parties are responsible.

Either you are mentally incompetent, malignantly motivated, or simply uneducated, or all three to insist joint culpability does not exist.

Step off, Asheed.

No, both parties are not responsible. The President has never negotiated any cuts in spending.

Forum List

Back