Chris Christie Dodges Question about GOP Loyalt Pledge

I wonder/doubt that Democrats would sign a pledge to follow the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and promise to expose all the corruptions within the Democrat Party, essentially respect their oaths of office.

In other words .. pledges and oaths are bullshit these days.. 🤔

Last edited:

Republican presidential candidate Chris Christie said Sunday he has yet to sign the party’s loyalty pledge because no one has given it to him.

“I haven’t been presented with the pledge yet,” the former New Jersey governor said on ABC’s “This Week,” adding he thought the Republican National Committee was still verifying that he had enough donors to qualify for the event. But in answering the question Sunday, Christie did not say whether he would sign the pledge when he received it.

Of course not. Why commit yourself one way or another as a political candidate? Who did they think he is, Donald Trump, or someone else with balls and integrity?

Trump has yet to commit to taking part in the debate, and last week he said he wouldn’t sign such a pledge in an interview in which he criticized rivals Christie, Hutchinson and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis by name. “I wouldn’t sign the pledge,” Trump said on Newsmax. “Why would I sign a pledge if there are people on there that I wouldn’t have?”

Christie said he was not surprised that Trump has neither committed to the debate or the pledge yet. “He plays misdirection all the time,” he said.

The misdirection is Christie saying "no one has presented it." No doubt one of those technically true, but misleading statements. He may have asked staff not to show it to him so he could give that answer. It may be on his desk right in front of him, but no one has come in to open the envelope and present it to him. So it is not such a mystery:

“I affirm that if I do not win the 2024 Republican nomination for President of the United States, I will honor the will of the primary voters and support the nominee in order to save our country and beat Joe Biden,” reads the pledge, according to copies shared online by some of the candidates.

The pledge is a dumb idea, at least the requirement to sign it to be allowed to debate. Keeping Trump out of the debate means virtually no one will watch it. We're talking CNN-like ratings.

Democrats won't care without Trump to obsess over and why would GOP voters want to watch Republicans who hate Trump debate Republicans who want to be Trump's VP while the DeSantis debates the moderator?

I came here expecting the question to be "So, what's your weight up to now?"

Different people are running for different reasons. Hutchinson, Haley and Christie are Trump hating, neocon, globalist robber barons who hate the middle class. Scott and the guy from ND are expanding their national recognition for the future. Trump, Ramaswamy and DeSantis are the only true contenders, in that order. Fox and the rest of the corporate media wants DeSantis, Christie, Hutchinson or Haley because they think they can control them. That leaves Trump and Ramaswamy as the only two candidates that will prevent us from becoming a Marxist banana republic. I like Trump with Noem as VP and Ramaswamy as AG to start straightening out our corrupt DOJ.

GOP now needs a loyalty pledge. That means that there is a serious problem within the party between two fractions.

This won't help Trump win as the party will be split and the other side may not vote which will lower voter turnout.

SO is this loyalty that they have to kiss the Don's hand and repeat "In Don we trust"

Still this is a clear sign that there is a split and it is us against the Don

GOP now needs a loyalty pledge. That means that there is a serious problem within the party between two fractions.

This won't help Trump win as the party will be split and the other side may not vote which will lower voter turnout.

SO is this loyalty that they have to kiss the Don's hand and repeat "In Don we trust"

Still this is a clear sign that there is a split and it is us against the Don
I think you have more to worry about with who the democrats are going to install in the WH--here's a hint--it won't be Biden.

I think you have more to worry about with who the democrats are going to install in the WH--here's a hint--it won't be Biden.

Biden has already beaten Trump so I feeling good about his chances for reelection.

IF Biden runs, he will win. Your bigger concern should be if Kamala has to take his place.

Forum List

Back