Do You Shop At The Salvation Army Store, Goodwill Industries, Or Value Village?

I don't shop in charity shops. Why shop there and get a t shirt for $10 when I can go to Target and get the exact same shirt for half price?

Charities want you to pay an arm and a leg for clothing and items that should be binned.

I shop at a local thrift store that raises money for the blind...

... it's like a giant yard sale...

... where you can get used items for about one-third or less than what they sold for new...

... so yes I save money and if it don't work when I get it home...

... I can bring it back for an in-store credit for something else...

... beats Walmart's pants on sale half-off in aisle six.
:cool:

Last edited:
Bought my dining room dinette set at a St. Vincent De Pauls. Easily a $1500 set new, and in perfect shape, for FIFTY BUCKS! Large ornate table with extra leaf and six matching padded chairs.

I don't shop in charity shops. Why shop there and get a t shirt for $10 when I can go to Target and get the exact same shirt for half price?

Charities want you to pay an arm and a leg for clothing and items that should be binned.

I see your "charity stores" down there have it backwards from the US, At least in Tennesseee. We have so many donations that it has put third world economies at jeopardy from dumping. Thrift stores are cheap as hell here.

I shop at a local thrift store that raises money for the blind...

... it's like a giant yard sale...

... where you can get used items for about one-third or less than what they sold for new...

... so yes I save money and if it don't work when I get it home...

... I can bring it back for an in-store credit for something else...

... beats Walmart's pants on sale half-off in aisle six.
:cool:

ACB is a great store.

Yes i do....usually goodwill or salvation army. I love it! I hate shopping, and i hate spending money on clothes, shoes, etc and if i can get a shirt for $2 I'm happy! :) I don't care if something is brand new, as long as it looks nice.....

i shop at a salvation army store ...its on the way to boone so its easy for me to go to. both my recliners are from there....a lot of work shirts etc...cat beds...you would be amazed what the rich in this area...discard for no reason

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I used to buy a lot of my stuff at Sal's

I think my first apartment was completely stocked and furnished by thrift stores

I have at various places local church thrift and looked at Goodwill a few times.

At the base, I go to a thrift/consignment shop periodically. I can get toys and such at a fraction of the price and it helps military families.

Why do I have a feeling you live in an area that has the Australian equivalent of hipsters?

I dont shop there, but I donate to salvation army as much as I can

No.

I'm not about to deprive someome who might actually need to save a few a bucks so I can.

I don't shop at thrift stores very often... It's difficult to get past that smell. You know... That sort of cat litter box meets baby powder with a hint of BO smell.

Forum List

Back