Chinese President Urges Navy to Prepare for War

You're an ignorant, short-sighted idiot. Does Ron Paul cuddle after?

You're an ignorant, short-sighted idiot. Does Ron Paul cuddle after?

NO, i just don't consider it worth sending off people I care about to die over Taiwan. Or Israel, for that matter.

if Taiwan is in danger from China, it's because they've foolishing infused the mainland with capital to stregthen it, and as a result, American Middle class folks have lost their manufacturing jobs. So those folks - the working class in this country, are getting screwed twice. Once by losing their good paying manufacturing job, and again by having to pay taxes for $600.00 toilet seats the Pentagon seems fond of.

To top it all off, really, since we have a policy of regarding Taiwan as actually part of China, if the mainland does make a move, it's really an internal matter that doesn't concern us.

So, seriously. Screw them.

It's about time we started looking out for our interests and not everyone elses.

And Punky, somehow, for all your chest-beating, somehow, I don't think you have a DD214.

As I said, you are a short-sighted, ignorant fool; a combination of the worst far-left inclinations to avoid responsibility and imagine that gutting the military and abandoning our committments (committments that we have assumed on OUR OWN behalf) will solve all our problems, and the isolationist's fantasy that hiding from the world will somehow render us immune from the consequences of others' actions in the absence of any of our own - this despite the massive evidence to the contrary that history provides.

Thank goodness that you are such an irrelevant nobody.

As the Chinese increase their naval power, the United States deliberalty decreases its naval power. That makes for a better US navy is an idea only in the mind of the leftist.

We are not decreasing our naval power. We are responding to existing threats. Much of our Navy was built to respond to cold war threats. They no longer exist. The days of a WWII Naval battle are gone. Our current fleet revolves around the carrier task force. Like the Battleship, their days may be numbered if they can't be defended

Actually, the Chinese are responding to the US threat.
Basically, however you may feel, the US started the build up.

As I said, you are a short-sighted, ignorant fool; a combination of the worst far-left inclinations to avoid responsibility and imagine that gutting the military and abandoning our committments (committments that we have assumed on OUR OWN behalf) will solve all our problems, and the isolationist's fantasy that hiding from the world will somehow render us immune from the consequences of others' actions in the absence of any of our own - this despite the massive evidence to the contrary that history provides.

Thank goodness that you are such an irrelevant nobody.

Again, I've got a DD214, and you probably don't.

So I've done my part to defend this country... Probably the closest you got was playing "Call of Duty III".

Those countries are rich and can defend themselves. And if they can't, they don't deserve to have countries.

To top it all off, really, since we have a policy of regarding Taiwan as actually part of China, if the mainland does make a move, it's really an internal matter that doesn't concern us.

It's about time we started looking out for our interests and not everyone elses.

I agree with you in a way, but that problem would be in the interest of the United States, and I don't think its going to be a case of ignoring it. I mean, the US is doing a pretty good job at ignoring Syria right now, because as you point out, its not in US interest to intervene.

Taiwan would be different though. They are equipped with advanced US equipment, close friends of the US, and if China took over, imagine the confidence boost they'd get. The whole South China Sea could follow.

I agree with you in a way, but that problem would be in the interest of the United States, and I don't think its going to be a case of ignoring it. I mean, the US is doing a pretty good job at ignoring Syria right now, because as you point out, its not in US interest to intervene.

Taiwan would be different though. They are equipped with advanced US equipment, close friends of the US, and if China took over, imagine the confidence boost they'd get. The whole South China Sea could follow.

Taking Taiwan would be a major part of their first island chain strategy.

Oh wait, I thought the idiots here with charts about how we spend so much on the military and China spends "so little" knew the FACTS.

They just trusted China's bogus money figures on defense spending....

And that would be my problem, why, exactly?

If China wants to bankrupt itself on military adventurism, let it. It's done wonders for us...

And that would be my problem, why, exactly? ...

Fortunately for you, your betters understand the larger picture, so you can continue to live in blissful ignorance and mindlessly repeat far-left talking points when you're not busy being a hateful bigot.

Fortunately for you, your betters understand the larger picture, so you can continue to live in blissful ignorance and mindlessly repeat far-left talking points when you're not busy being a hateful bigot.

So you basically can't tell me why that's my problem, then?

Or even America's problem.

You see, you aren't going to be the one going over there and fighting. It's going to be a lot of other guys.. most of them poor or working class... and frankly, if you are going to ask these fine young men and women to die, you'd better give them a good reason.

A fifty year old dispute between Taipei and Beijing over who is the legitimate government of China isn't a good one.

So you basically can't tell me why that's my problem, then?

Or even America's problem. .

You've proven that you can't understand the topic even in general terms. As with so many other topics, you are too stupid to even engage in any real discussion. That's why you are left repeating lefty bumper-stickers and venting your hateful bigotry. Face it, you are too stupid to be taken seriously about anything.

Chinese President Urges Navy to Prepare for War
Posted by EU Times on Dec 7th, 2011 // No Comment
Chinese President Urges Navy to Prepare for War | EUTimes.net

Chinese President Hu Jintao on Tuesday urged the Navy to prepare for military combat, amid growing regional tensions over maritime disputes and a US campaign to assert itself as a Pacific power.

The Navy should “accelerate its transformation and modernisation in a sturdy way, and make extended preparations for military combat in order to make greater contributions to safeguard national security,” he said.

Addressing the powerful Central Military Commission, Hu said: “Our work must closely encircle the main theme of national defence and military building.”

His comments, which were posted in a statement on a government website, come as the United States and Beijing’s neighbours have expressed concerns over its naval ambitions, particularly in the South China Sea.

Several Asian nations have competing claims over parts of the South China Sea, believed to encompass huge oil and gas reserves, while China claims it all. One-third of global seaborne trade passes through the region.

Vietnam and the Philippines have accused Chinese forces of increasing aggression there.

In a translation of Hu’s comments, the country’s official news agency quoted the President as saying China’s Navy should “make extended preparations for warfare.”

The Pentagon however downplayed Hu’s speech, saying that Beijing had the right to develop its military, although it should do so transparently.

“They have a right to develop military capabilities and to plan, just as we do,” said Pentagon spokesman George Little, but he added, “We have repeatedly called for transparency from the Chinese and that’s part of the relationship we’re continuing to build with the Chinese military.”

“Nobody’s looking for a scrap here,” insisted another spokesman, Admiral John Kirby. “Certainly we wouldn’t begrudge any other nation the opportunity, the right to develop naval forces to be ready.

“Our naval forces are ready and they’ll stay ready.”

State Department spokesman Mark Toner said: “We want to see stronger military-to-military ties with China and we want to see greater transparency. That helps answer questions we might have about Chinese intentions.”

Hu’s announcement comes in the wake of trips to Asia by several senior US officials, including President Barack Obama, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

US undersecretary of defence Michelle Flournoy is due to meet in Beijing with her Chinese counterparts on Wednesday for military-to-military talks.

Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao last month warned against interference by “external forces” in regional territorial disputes including those in the South China Sea.

And China said late last month it would conduct naval exercises in the Pacific Ocean, after Obama, who has dubbed himself America’s first Pacific president, said the US would deploy up to 2,500 Marines to Australia.

China’s People’s Liberation Army, the largest military in the world, is primarily a land force, but its navy is playing an increasingly important role as Beijing grows more assertive about its territorial claims.

Earlier this year, the Pentagon warned that Beijing was increasingly focused on its naval power and had invested in high-tech weaponry that would extend its reach in the Pacific and beyond.

China’s first aircraft carrier began its second sea trial last week after undergoing refurbishments and testing, the government said.

Get ready for “warfare”: Hu to Chinese Navy
The 300-metre (990-foot) ship, a refitted former Soviet carrier, underwent five days of trials in August that sparked international concern about China’s widening naval reach.

Beijing only confirmed this year that it was revamping the old Soviet ship and has repeatedly insisted that the carrier poses no threat to its neighbours and will be used mainly for training and research purposes.

But the August sea trials were met with concern from regional powers including Japan and the United States, which called on Beijing to explain why it needs an aircraft carrier.

China, which publicly announced around 50 separate naval exercises in the seas off its coast over the past two years — usually after the event — says its military is only focused on defending the country’s territory.

Source

What Chinese Navy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People's_Liberation_Army_Navy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Navy

Last edited:
You've proven that you can't understand the topic even in general terms. As with so many other topics, you are too stupid to even engage in any real discussion. That's why you are left repeating lefty bumper-stickers and venting your hateful bigotry. Face it, you are too stupid to be taken seriously about anything.

Again, you are the one who screams obscentities and doesn't address points... so I think that you really aren't engaging in a discussion.

Reality- we let people die all over the world because it isn't our problem. Didn't see anyone rushing over to save the Hutus and Tutsis, did you? Wasn't our problem.

Mass slaughter in the Congo? None of our problem.

Balkans- Not really our problem until it started to spill into the rest of Europe.

Now, yeah, so rich fucks who spent the last decade betting against the American working man will be screwed when Beijing announces "Fuck you, we're communists, and your factories are now our factories!" But frankly, I don't think that's a good reason for the sons and daughters of working folks to go over and fight a war to minimize their losses.

How about, next war, we let the Romney boys and all the other spawn of the rich and famous come home in the body bags?

Works for me.

who spent the last decade betting against the American working man

when Beijing announces "Fuck you, we're communists, and your factories are now our factories!" But frankly, I don't think that's a good reason for the sons and daughters of working folks to go over and fight a war to minimize their losses.

How about, next war, we let the Romney boys and all the other spawn of the rich and famous come home in the body bags?

Works for me.

Thanks for exactly proving my point about you being too fucking stupid to engage in any serious discussion. Thanks for also proving my point about your wallowing in far-lefty bullshit bumper-sticker slogans instead of doing the thinking that you are incapable of.

Run along, fool.

Shhhhh... can't tell them that the things they fear aren't real. They need their fear.

Two of our aircraft carriers could (head to head) take out their entire surface fleet. Its not event a fair comparison. We could clear them out of the South Cina Sea in a matter of hours. Today if we wanted to. No further preperation necessary.

Last edited:
who spent the last decade betting against the American working man

when Beijing announces "Fuck you, we're communists, and your factories are now our factories!" But frankly, I don't think that's a good reason for the sons and daughters of working folks to go over and fight a war to minimize their losses.

Works for me.

Thanks for exactly proving my point about you being too fucking stupid to engage in any serious discussion. Thanks for also proving my point about your wallowing in far-lefty bullshit bumper-sticker slogans instead of doing the thinking that you are incapable of.

Run along, fool.

And again, you added no substance to the conversation.

Tell me again why someone I love should die to protect Taiwan.

If you can answer that one, maybe you'll have a point.

Forum List

Back