Chinese President Urges Navy to Prepare for War

What is naive?

America wants to know

Thinking that real, physical naval power is not still the key to the security situation in the South China Seas and East Asia in general, and assuming that a nation won't act on what it sees as its strategic interests due to economic ties.

The problem is, if America, Japan and Taiwan stopped investing in and doing business in China because they JUST HAD TO HAVE some crappy little islands in the South China Sea, they'd cause more problems for themselve than it would be worth.

Right now, China has one crappy aircraft carrier they bought from the Russians that is still 30 years behind anything we have.

The thing about Globalism is that everyone has more to lose than gain by a war.

Remember the last time people were really, really sure there wouldn't be another war? It was part of the reason for the next one.

Please...cut me a break

China gets a couple of third rate ships and now you have them challenging the greatest Navy in history.

How about we have them build ONE carrier of the quality of our ELEVEN super carriers and we can talk

Is your first name Neville?

Please......stop embarrassing yourself

China has maybe one quarter of the military strength of the US. One tenth the Naval strength. To compare it to Nazi Germany occupying Europe is silly

Are you really so ignorant of history?

Take you on? You've been proving it here all along. If you want me to pretend you are someone worth taking seriously I'll recommend some reading for you so you can get up to speed on this subject. Go to your local library and check out Red Star Over the Pacific, by Yoshihara and Holmes. It's a good place for you to begin to educate yourself on this subject. It outlines how and why China is a rising naval power in the Pacific and how this is affecting US naval strategy in Asia. When you're done we can talk seriously.

Take you on? You've been proving it here all along. If you want me to pretend you are someone worth taking seriously I'll recommend some reading for you so you can get up to speed on this subject. Go to your local library and check out Red Star Over the Pacific, by Yoshihara and Holmes. It's a good place for you to begin to educate yourself on this subject. It outlines how and why China is a rising naval power in the Pacific and how this is affecting US naval strategy in Asia. When you're done we can talk seriously.

Bring it on

Show where China ranks as a naval power and relative strength against the rest of the world

Not only are they lacking in raw hardware and firepower but they lack the naval doctrine and tactics to take on established naval powers.

To compare them to Germany in Europe from either a strategic standpoint or an expansionist standpoint is laughable

Bring it on

In what way is "bring it on" a response to my post. Did you even read it before you hit the quote button? Try reading the post now.

Bring it on

In what way is "bring it on" a response to my post. Did you even read it before you hit the quote button? Try reading the post now.

You read a book......I am impressed

Now use some of that knowledge and dazzle the rest of us. You have failed so far

Are you sure you read the post? I am recommending that YOU read a book so that you might be at least somewhat equipped to engage in a serious discussion of the topic.

Read a book? Naaah he has Huffington Post, that's all he needs

Are you sure you read the post? I am recommending that YOU read a book so that you might be at least somewhat equipped to engage in a serious discussion of the topic.

You have yet to demonstrate any knowledge on the subject in spite of your claim to have "read a book"

Show that your time reading was not a waste of time.

Based on those Chinese female swimmers, they could be tough.....those chicks are East German like

You have yet to demonstrate any knowledge on the subject in spite of your claim to have "read a book"

Show that your time reading was not a waste of time.

Are you drunk or something? Why do your responses have nothing to do with what I am posting? Out in your own little world there?

TheUS Navy ofWW2 couldpunk the Chinese navy of today

Go sleep it off, asswipe.

Maybe not WWII

But the US navy from the 60s would clean their clock. China does not have the carriers, submarine or ballistic missile strength we had 50 years ago.

We are not talking about the US Navy of the 60s or the Chinese Navy of today, of course. Is this the part that's giving you so much trouble understanding?

Go sleep it off, asswipe.

Maybe not WWII

But the US navy from the 60s would clean their clock. China does not have the carriers, submarine or ballistic missile strength we had 50 years ago.

We are not talking about the US Navy of the 60s or the Chinese Navy of today, of course. Is this the part that's giving you so much trouble understanding?

Come on Mr "I read a book"

You claim the Chinese Navy is such a threat. You can't even show them defeating the US Navy from the 60s

You expect them to beat a modern Naval force?

Maybe not WWII

You claim the Chinese Navy is such a threat. You can't even show them defeating the US Navy from the 60s

Again, you quoted my words but you didn't bother to read them. I know you are all excited about fulfilling your lefty duty to be 'opposed' to anything and everything that comes from a Republican, but calm down and try to clear your head. Read what I wrote and try to fashion a rational response. I'm trying to work with you here.

Again, you quoted my words but you didn't bother to read them. I know you are all excited about fulfilling your lefty duty to be 'opposed' to anything and everything that comes from a Republican, but calm down and try to clear your head. Read what I wrote and try to fashion a rational response. I'm trying to work with you here.

Other than "I read a book" what have you added to the discussion?

Other than "I read a book" what have you added to the discussion?

So you have no interest at all in a rational discussion? Just out trolling? Just say so, if that's the case.

Forum List

Back