China Now Has World's Fastest Supercomputer: And the GOP Helped

My, but I have heard this song and dance before. No way those Japs will ever be able to produce a car that can compete with a GMc product. No way those rice burning mtorcycles can ever compete with a Harley. What RDean is trying to tell you is that the Chinese have just moved up their ability to compete up another notch.
The Japanese made good stuff better by their own ingenuity.

The Chicoms just steal and/or buy shit from the most available and gullible political twirp looking for some cash.

In the '50s, America executed such people as spies...Today, we call those spies "Mr. President".

10-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Quantum Windbag

Does that mean that NASA could put Xboxes in the new Ares? Or are you intelligent enough to know that it requires more computational power than you can get from an Xbox, unlike rdean?

Very good, but why not link to it to? Or is linking beyond your capabilities?

Please note, I did say that, I just wonder why you find links beyond your ability to post.

My, but I have heard this song and dance before. No way those Japs will ever be able to produce a car that can compete with a GMc product. No way those rice burning mtorcycles can ever compete with a Harley. What RDean is trying to tell you is that the Chinese have just moved up their ability to compete up another notch.

The Chicoms just steal and/or buy shit from the most available and gullible political twirp looking for some cash.

In the '50s, America executed such people as spies...Today, we call those spies "Mr. President".

Must have during Nixon as well. He opened up China.

And your arrogance is ignoring the education and skills Chinese workers have.
Blindness caused by arrogance.

We are not number 1 in too many things lately.

Yeah we made plenty of supercomputers, however many of them are now obsolete.
What were super computers are now just computers.

What makes you think the US does not have a top secret computer somewhere that makes the one in China obsolete?

Named Tianhe-1A, which means "Milky Way" in Mandarin, China's new supercomputer has 168 graphics processing units -- the type of graphics chips used in video games -- and 14,336 Intel CPUs, according to PC World. All of these processors were made by U.S. companies, but they're linked together by new Chinese-invented technology.

China Dethrones US With World's Fastest Supercomputer, the Tianhe-1A

I remember all the right wingers laughing and calling me names when I pointed out the US Air Force built a super computer from play station chips.

One thing the GOP has proven, they know how to nation build.

Millions of jobs moved to China from 2001 to 2008.

US Technology moved to China.

Chinese and Republican supported US Chamber of Commerce seminars on outsourcing American jobs to China.

Subsidies and tax breaks to train Chinese to take over American jobs.

And from all of our training, they put together a better super computer than us based on our own technology. Good Going GOP. You did it!!!!

:thewave:

Just to be clear: We're laughing at you, not because you're ideas are stupid, but because you're an idiot.

China's got a Super Computer? So what! Clinton sold them Cray's back in the mid 90's!

Second, how much faster is it than any American Super Computer? We're probably talking nanosecnds of a difference!

Third, what's the rdean fix, prevent China from buying Xboxes?

Finally, they still need to steal the knowledge to do anything useful with the computing power!

That sums up my attitude.

Umm did you read the op?

Yes, i get it. China owns the worlds fastest computer.... for maybe the next couple weeks until an American company makes a faster one. Big deal. Its one fucking computer and the US cant be the best at everything at all times. Next year some other country will hold that spot for a split second, then the US will be back on top again, and this process will repeat itself over and over again.

The US is always going to be the country to beat, and everyone will keep trying. They just wont beat us for long. Regardless, Chinas fastest computer isnt faster than say... 2 of our fast computers together. Like i said before, we have hundreds of them to use, so Chinas 1 computer doesnt mean shit.

How will we stay "the country to beat"?

You see when you dont invest in thesse areas all you get is Corps building video games to make money.

Do you realize the only reason we have been on top is Nasa's computor advances?

Do you realize that NASA is not a word? That the proper way to type it is the way I did, all capital letters, because it is an acronym? Do you further realize that NASA made exactly 0 computer advances? All their computers were built by private companies or research labs?

Must have during Nixon as well. He opened up China.

And your arrogance is ignoring the education and skills Chinese workers have.
Blindness caused by arrogance.

We are not number 1 in too many things lately.
Communists don't teach superior technological skills.

If they did, the USSR would've blown America away with their technology during the cold war....If they did, the Chinese wouldn't have needed to bribe the Clintoon administration, in the missile-secrets-for-campaign-booty scam.

Communists are vastly overrated.

We design and have China make em.
Of course they will not copy anything.

Now that is one hilarious statement. Unfortunately, the right sees nothing funny about it. In fact, they see it as a "statement of fact".

We sold them chips that they tied together to make their computer, meanwhile we build chips that are faster than the best chips they can buy, and use them in our computers. The only reason their computer is faster is they tied more chips together. Do you really think it will take long for us to reclaim the title?

You remind me people back during the cold war who used to go into a panic every time Russia broke the record for the fastest or highest flight ever. They usually held it until the Air Force filed an official flight plan for the SR-71 that was higher and faster. Want to guess how long that took, on average? Keep in mind that the SR-71 still holds the record for the fastest jet aircraft ever flown, even though it is officially decommissioned.

The Chyneez can barely get out of their own way. They do not allow the rural folks to even legally enter their main cities and the 150 million unemployed dwarfs our whole work force.

Communism is a joke.

Where do they invest for a secure loan.. us. Their leadership knows where the safe smart bet is..the USA.

Honestly, you right wingers crack me up. You go on and on about Obama being a communist and then support your leaders who do everything they can to build up communist China. How can that be?

Since I am one of the "right wingers" you quoted in this thread I would like to challenge you to show me anywhere I said Obama is a communist.

The Chyneez can barely get out of their own way. They do not allow the rural folks to even legally enter their main cities and the 150 million unemployed dwarfs our whole work force.

Communism is a joke.

Where do they invest for a secure loan.. us. Their leadership knows where the safe smart bet is..the USA.

Well they have to keep their main customers happy. Or at least solvent.
for now....

It was inevitable this would happen. We've devalued education so much in this country we were bound to lose the techonological edge sooner or later.

nothing to do with it. they simply built their machine from scratch while we incrementally upgraded ours. Tesla cards (the video cards talked about) have amazing parallel processing capabilities across 100s of streaming processors per card, that far out do regular chips in parallelizable computations

Are we at war with Japan again? What is the problem with Japan making better cars than GM? Could the real problem be that GM just makes lousy cars?

Why did we not make a super computer first? Weve made shitloads of them over the years. What the fuck are you even talking about? :lol:

Umm did you read the op?

Yes, i get it. China owns the worlds fastest computer.... for maybe the next couple weeks until an American company makes a faster one. Big deal. Its one fucking computer and the US cant be the best at everything at all times. Next year some other country will hold that spot for a split second, then the US will be back on top again, and this process will repeat itself over and over again.

The US is always going to be the country to beat, and everyone will keep trying. They just wont beat us for long. Regardless, Chinas fastest computer isnt faster than say... 2 of our fast computers together. Like i said before, we have hundreds of them to use, so Chinas 1 computer doesnt mean shit.

it takes months/years to build those machines, but it really doesnt matter we aren't far behind them and we have more super machines than them:

TOP500 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

china has alwways had a machine in the top 10, its not like it came from nowhere, see the historical lists at:

china has alwways had a machine in the top 10, its not like it came from nowhere, see the historical lists at:

shhhh, oldrocks and rdean are not interested in facts

Forum List

Back