China Now Has World's Fastest Supercomputer: And the GOP Helped

Why did we not make a super computer first? Weve made shitloads of them over the years. What the fuck are you even talking about? :lol:

Umm did you read the op?

Yes, i get it. China owns the worlds fastest computer.... for maybe the next couple weeks until an American company makes a faster one. Big deal. Its one fucking computer and the US cant be the best at everything at all times. Next year some other country will hold that spot for a split second, then the US will be back on top again, and this process will repeat itself over and over again.

The US is always going to be the country to beat, and everyone will keep trying. They just wont beat us for long. Regardless, Chinas fastest computer isnt faster than say... 2 of our fast computers together. Like i said before, we have hundreds of them to use, so Chinas 1 computer doesnt mean shit.

How will we stay "the country to beat"?

You see when you dont invest in thesse areas all you get is Corps building video games to make money.

Do you realize the only reason we have been on top is Nasa's computor advances?

The current fastest 500 are not all supercomputers any longer. As I said obsolete.

How about the top 500 fastest cars in the world?
That would pretty much cover every one of the car models made.

Hey Einstein, if they are the 500 fastest computers in the world, that automatically makes them super computers and far from obsolete. Logic isnt your thing, is it. :lol:

Last edited:
The current fastest 500 are not all supercomputers any longer. As I said obsolete.

Hey Einstein, if they are the 500 fastest computers in the world, that automatically makes them super computers and far from obsolete. Logic isnt your thing, is it. :lol:

Tech is my thing.
Go play under the porch.

there is only a handful of computers still qualified to be called super computers.

Last edited:
Umm did you read the op?

Yes, i get it. China owns the worlds fastest computer.... for maybe the next couple weeks until an American company makes a faster one. Big deal. Its one fucking computer and the US cant be the best at everything at all times. Next year some other country will hold that spot for a split second, then the US will be back on top again, and this process will repeat itself over and over again.

The US is always going to be the country to beat, and everyone will keep trying. They just wont beat us for long. Regardless, Chinas fastest computer isnt faster than say... 2 of our fast computers together. Like i said before, we have hundreds of them to use, so Chinas 1 computer doesnt mean shit.

You see when you dont invest in thesse areas all you get is Corps building video games to make money.

Jesus Christ you liberals are fucking stupid. The US makes the most super computers BY FAR, yet you paranoid monkeys somehow come to the conclusion that we dont make them anymore, simply because China makes 1? Get a clue dipshit.

Tech is my thing.
Go play under the porch.

If tech is your thing, yet you still dont understand this simple logic, id hate to see how you do with topics that arent "your thing". :lol:

Tech is my thing.
Go play under the porch.

If tech is your thing, yet you still dont understand this simple logic, id hate to see how you do with topics that arent "your thing". :lol:

A CRAY supercomputer form the 80's is not a super computer anymore.

China may have the world's fastest supercomputer but the US still has the fastest means of communications. I can tell my wife something and then call my daughter who lives over a 1000 miles away and she already knows what I told the wife. It just blows my mind.

Jesus Christ you liberals are fucking stupid. The US makes the most super computers BY FAR, yet you paranoid monkeys somehow come to the conclusion that we dont make them anymore, simply because China makes 1? Get a clue dipshit.

WHERE the FUCK did you get what you claim out of that post?

Cant you deal with what is actually said instead of creating fantasy?

Named Tianhe-1A, which means "Milky Way" in Mandarin, China's new supercomputer has 168 graphics processing units -- the type of graphics chips used in video games -- and 14,336 Intel CPUs, according to PC World. All of these processors were made by U.S. companies, but they're linked together by new Chinese-invented technology.

China Dethrones US With World's Fastest Supercomputer, the Tianhe-1A

I remember all the right wingers laughing and calling me names when I pointed out the US Air Force built a super computer from play station chips.

One thing the GOP has proven, they know how to nation build.

Millions of jobs moved to China from 2001 to 2008.

US Technology moved to China.

Chinese and Republican supported US Chamber of Commerce seminars on outsourcing American jobs to China.

Subsidies and tax breaks to train Chinese to take over American jobs.

And from all of our training, they put together a better super computer than us based on our own technology. Good Going GOP. You did it!!!!

:thewave:

Just to be clear: We're laughing at you, not because you're ideas are stupid, but because you're an idiot.

China's got a Super Computer? So what! Clinton sold them Cray's back in the mid 90's!

Second, how much faster is it than any American Super Computer? We're probably talking nanosecnds of a difference!

Third, what's the rdean fix, prevent China from buying Xboxes?

Finally, they still need to steal the knowledge to do anything useful with the computing power!

Last edited:
Umm did you read the op?

I have an idea your going to tell us that our government can do it.

Chinas government did, but you think OUR democracy cant compete with communist China huh?

Tech is my thing.
Go play under the porch.

A CRAY supercomputer form the 80's is not a super computer anymore.

Youre a liar. Tech is NOT your thing. Nothing is your thing. You are fucking stupid. Why do you think naming old obsolete computers somehow helps your arguement? Every post you make reveals how utterly clueless you are.

Chinas government did, but you think OUR democracy cant compete with communist China huh?

Our government can't, but our private sector can. Our government recieves bids on contracts from the private sector. Hell, we would have never made it to the moon if we left it up to the dufus's in the government.

We would have never made it to the MOON without Nasa.

There would be no supercomputors without NASA

Named Tianhe-1A, which means "Milky Way" in Mandarin, China's new supercomputer has 168 graphics processing units -- the type of graphics chips used in video games -- and 14,336 Intel CPUs, according to PC World. All of these processors were made by U.S. companies, but they're linked together by new Chinese-invented technology.

I remember all the right wingers laughing and calling me names when I pointed out the US Air Force built a super computer from play station chips.

Chinese and Republican supported US Chamber of Commerce seminars on outsourcing American jobs to China.

And from all of our training, they put together a better super computer than us based on our own technology. Good Going GOP. You did it!!!!

Just to be clear: We're laughing at you, not because you're ideas are stupid, but because you're an idiot.

China's got a Super Computer? So what! Clinton sold them Cray's back in the mid 90's!

Second, how much faster is it than any American Super Computer? We're probably talking nanosecnds of a difference!

Finally, they still need to steal the knowledge to do anything useful with the computing power!

LMAO, do not underestimate the Chinese. I have been there. they have many very smart and highly educated people over there.

Our government can't, but our private sector can. Our government recieves bids on contracts from the private sector. Hell, we would have never made it to the moon if we left it up to the dufus's in the government.

So you have just said you believe the Chinese government is more eficient than OUR democracy.

Why do you hate our freedoms?

LMAO, do not underestimate the Chinese. I have been there. they have many very smart and highly educated people over there.

My broinlaw has been to China more times than I've been to Brooklyn and he tells me is the most corrupt place on Earth, they steal EVERYTHING! EVERYTHING!

You have to pay off government officials for the privilege of having them steal your blueprints.

Forum List

Back