China Now Has World's Fastest Supercomputer: And the GOP Helped

Communists don't teach superior technological skills.

If they did, the USSR would've blown America away with their technology during the cold war....If they did, the Chinese wouldn't have needed to bribe the Clintoon administration, in the missile-secrets-for-campaign-booty scam.

Communists are vastly overrated.

China is no communist than we are full blown capitalists. How do you over rate a nation that is advancing as fast as China?

Engineering in China from best Engineering universities of China in English Medium, Engineering Program and Engineering Course at Top Engineering University in China best Engineering College in China and best Engineering Institute in China. Admission

The best and brightest in China don't go into "engineering", but into "business". We've known this for a long time. I'm not saying that only dumb Chinese go into engineering. There are plenty of smart ones there.

But the Chinese understand diversity. That's why they are attracting foreign students and sending students to this country. Diversity leads to more ideas and a broader range of understanding. It's not all about race.

Colleges scour China for top students - The Boston Globe

But make no mistake. China is a communist country. One that has learned from the mistakes of the USSR. We tend to see communism through the lens of the USSR.

There is no vote in China. No free speech. No say in the government. Any insurrection is put down swiftly with aggression. The government is involved in every aspect of business. By paying Chinese workers 51 cents an hour, there is plenty of money to pay off the Chinese government AND make a stellar profit.

The US brought down the USSR through economic warfare. China learned from that and, with the help of the greedy right wing, is kicking our asses.
RACIST!!!!!

:razz:

The best and brightest in China don't go into "engineering", but into "business". We've known this for a long time. I'm not saying that only dumb Chinese go into engineering. There are plenty of smart ones there.

But the Chinese understand diversity. That's why they are attracting foreign students and sending students to this country. Diversity leads to more ideas and a broader range of understanding. It's not all about race.

But make no mistake. China is a communist country. One that has learned from the mistakes of the USSR. We tend to see communism through the lens of the USSR.

There is no vote in China. No free speech. No say in the government. Any insurrection is put down swiftly with aggression. The government is involved in every aspect of business. By paying Chinese workers 51 cents an hour, there is plenty of money to pay off the Chinese government AND make a stellar profit.

The US brought down the USSR through economic warfare. China learned from that and, with the help of the greedy right wing, is kicking our asses.
RACIST!!!!!

Racist? :lame2:

RACIST!!!!!

Racist? :lame2:
yes, you are a RACIST

how does it feel to be called a racist all the time, eh deany asswipe?

Named Tianhe-1A, which means "Milky Way" in Mandarin, China's new supercomputer has 168 graphics processing units -- the type of graphics chips used in video games -- and 14,336 Intel CPUs, according to PC World. All of these processors were made by U.S. companies, but they're linked together by new Chinese-invented technology.

China Dethrones US With World's Fastest Supercomputer, the Tianhe-1A

I remember all the right wingers laughing and calling me names when I pointed out the US Air Force built a super computer from play station chips.

One thing the GOP has proven, they know how to nation build.

Millions of jobs moved to China from 2001 to 2008.

US Technology moved to China.

Chinese and Republican supported US Chamber of Commerce seminars on outsourcing American jobs to China.

Subsidies and tax breaks to train Chinese to take over American jobs.

And from all of our training, they put together a better super computer than us based on our own technology. Good Going GOP. You did it!!!!

:thewave:

first- a super computer is no great leap in technology in and of itself.....

second- the chips are made by intel, that is MADE HERE, in Arizona. you know? so we like kind of you know, exported them?

from your link -

All of these processors were made by U.S. companies, but they're linked together by new Chinese-invented technology.

third- China's most favored nation status was made permanent in 2000.......

do you know where the top ten fastest machines reside btw?

Or that Germany, Japan had the fastest at one point too? ...whatever.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Named Tianhe-1A, which means "Milky Way" in Mandarin, China's new supercomputer has 168 graphics processing units -- the type of graphics chips used in video games -- and 14,336 Intel CPUs, according to PC World. All of these processors were made by U.S. companies, but they're linked together by new Chinese-invented technology.

I remember all the right wingers laughing and calling me names when I pointed out the US Air Force built a super computer from play station chips.

Chinese and Republican supported US Chamber of Commerce seminars on outsourcing American jobs to China.

And from all of our training, they put together a better super computer than us based on our own technology. Good Going GOP. You did it!!!!

second- the chips are made by intel, that is MADE HERE, in Arizona. you know? so we like kind of you know, exported them?

from your link -

All of these processors were made by U.S. companies, but they're linked together by new Chinese-invented technology.

rdeans understanding of computer tech is likely about equal to his understanding of thermodynamics

which is NOTHING

from your link -

intel-.jpg

In another sign that China is moving up the food chain in manufacturing, Intel said today it has opened its first-ever chip manufacturing plant in Dalian, China.

The $2.5 billion factory, which is the size of bout 23 football fields, will be the first to fabricate microprocessors from raw silicon. Intel has relatively low-tech assembly factories in China (in Chengdu), where automated machines assemble chips into packages and test the final product, but this new factory, known as a wafer fabrication facility, or fab, will make the actual chips. Announced in 2007, the factory is now fully operational.
Intel opens $2.5B chip factory in China | VentureBeat

But after negotiating with the Chinese government and also getting U.S. government approval to produce sophisticated equipment here, Intel said it was simply time to move production of its 300-millimeter wafers to China.

Of course, Intel's facility, which is scheduled to open in 2010

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/26/business/worldbusiness/26iht-chip.5.5034688.html

--------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, you guys must feel good when you school me. I guess I really learned something.

Tell me, what did YOU learn?

Last edited by a moderator:

from your link -

rdeans understanding of computer tech is likely about equal to his understanding of thermodynamics

which is NOTHING

Once again, turns out I was right. You were wrong. Nothing like consistency.

from your link -

intel-.jpg

In another sign that China is moving up the food chain in manufacturing, Intel said today it has opened its first-ever chip manufacturing plant in Dalian, China.

The $2.5 billion factory, which is the size of bout 23 football fields, will be the first to fabricate microprocessors from raw silicon. Intel has relatively low-tech assembly factories in China (in Chengdu), where automated machines assemble chips into packages and test the final product, but this new factory, known as a wafer fabrication facility, or fab, will make the actual chips. Announced in 2007, the factory is now fully operational.

But after negotiating with the Chinese government and also getting U.S. government approval to produce sophisticated equipment here, Intel said it was simply time to move production of its 300-millimeter wafers to China.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/26/business/worldbusiness/26iht-chip.5.5034688.html

Wow, you guys must feel good when you school me. I guess I really learned something.

OMG!

Obama is shipping jobs to China! Whatever are we going to do? Doesn't he realize that China is, gasp, Communist?

Maybe you should look at the dates on stories before you post so that you do not end up ruining your Blame Bush and the Republicans line.

October 26, 2010

from your link -

which is NOTHING

Once again, turns out I was right. You were wrong. Nothing like consistency.
wow, you really are pathetic
LOL

from your link -

intel-.jpg

OMG!

Obama is shipping jobs to China! Whatever are we going to do? Doesn't he realize that China is, gasp, Communist?

Maybe you should look at the dates on stories before you post so that you do not end up ruining your Blame Bush and the Republicans line.

October 26, 2010

OMG

Obama and the Democrats passed tax cuts for companies and gave them subsidies so they could move jobs to China? Intel started building their factory in 2005 the year Obama became president?

Oh wait.

Obama wasn't president in 2005.

:oops:In fact, Republicans held both houses in 2005 and Bush was president.

Whew. Glad we got that cleared up. For a second I was nervous.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Republican Congress should pass the Rdean Act and ban the export of video games to China. It's the only way to keep them from getting our most sophisticated weapons

from your link -

intel-.jpg

OMG!

October 26, 2010

the old saying a little knowledge is dangerous is aptly seen here...I could have told you this as I have BEEN to Dalian and seen the sight and am VERY familiar with it in fact and know exactly what they process there, second generation technology...:rolleyes: I told you the processors were made in Arizona, Chandler AZ.....

and your own link says so, you know, where you cut it off...bozo :laugh2:
But Intel is not making its most advanced 22-nanometer chips in China. Those chips will be made in factories in Arizona and Oregon, Intel recently announced as part of a plan to spend $6 billion to $8 billion on new factories.

To date, Intel has spent $4.7 billion in China. The new factory will be used to make 65-nanometer chips, which are about three generations behind the leading edge. (Intel comes up with a new generation of chips every two years). A nanometer is a billionth of a meter.

While Intel makes three fourths of its chips in the U.S., it gets about three fourths of its revenue from overseas

edit- when the plant was originally set up it was for THEN second generation technology btw...now, its third generation as the article accurately states.

Last edited:
intel-.jpg

OMG!

October 26, 2010

OMG

Obama and the Democrats passed tax cuts for companies and gave them subsidies so they could move jobs to China? Intel started building their factory in 2005 the year Obama became president?

Oh wait.

intel has had test and sort facilities in china for over 20 years .:lol: In Malaysia too....Oh and India too........Oh and Israel too......

The Republican Congress should pass the Rdean Act and ban the export of video games to China. It's the only way to keep them from getting our most sophisticated weapons

Gawd you're dumb.

We don't need to ban the export of video games to China. Why? Because the video games are MADE in China, fool. Just like the worlds fastest computer.

The world's "slowest" Frank, unfortunately, resides here in this country. A fact we are all too aware of and terribly ashamed of.:boohoo:

OMG!

OMG

Oh wait.

intel has had test and sort facilities in china for over 20 years .:lol: In Malaysia too....Oh and India too........Oh and Israel too......

"sorting" is way different than "making":banghead:

Forum List

Back