China Now Has World's Fastest Supercomputer: And the GOP Helped

R

rdean

Named Tianhe-1A, which means "Milky Way" in Mandarin, China's new supercomputer has 168 graphics processing units -- the type of graphics chips used in video games -- and 14,336 Intel CPUs, according to PC World. All of these processors were made by U.S. companies, but they're linked together by new Chinese-invented technology.

China Dethrones US With World's Fastest Supercomputer, the Tianhe-1A

I remember all the right wingers laughing and calling me names when I pointed out the US Air Force built a super computer from play station chips.

One thing the GOP has proven, they know how to nation build.

Millions of jobs moved to China from 2001 to 2008.

US Technology moved to China.

Chinese and Republican supported US Chamber of Commerce seminars on outsourcing American jobs to China.

Subsidies and tax breaks to train Chinese to take over American jobs.

And from all of our training, they put together a better super computer than us based on our own technology. Good Going GOP. You did it!!!!

:thewave:

It was inevitable this would happen. We've devalued education so much in this country we were bound to lose the techonological edge sooner or later.

This is what happens when you champion Corps at the expense of a countries ability to succeed.

LOL!!!! China makes a super computer and this dumbfuck liberal finds a way to blame it on republicans? Priceless. :lol::clap2:

Well come on all you wingnuts. Where's all that laughing and finger pointing. Oh yea, "run cruise missile with a PlayStation", Oh that rdean. What an idiot.

Consumer electronics is NOTHING like military electronics.

Where are you? Did you run off and hide?

chicken3~.jpg

--------------------------------------

Chinese Supercomputer Likely to Prompt Unease in U.S.

It is part of a new breed that exploits graphics chips more commonly used in playing videogames

Supercomputers are massive machines that help tackle the toughest scientific problems, including simulating commercial products like new drugs as well as defense-related applications such as weapons design and breaking codes.

Moreover, while the Japanese system was a single machine, Tianjin is part of a multi-year strategy by China to develop a range of machines to create a dominant position in both military and commercial applications.

OB-KP828_cnvidi_D_20101028011727.jpg

Chinese Supercomputer Likely to Prompt Unease in U.S. - WSJ.com

10-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Quantum Windbag

Does that mean that NASA could put Xboxes in the new Ares? Or are you intelligent enough to know that it requires more computational power than you can get from an Xbox, unlike rdean?

10-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Quantum Windbag

Does that mean that NASA could put Xboxes in the new Ares? Or are you intelligent enough to know that it requires more computational power than you can get from an Xbox, unlike rdean?

Yeah right, what microprocessor do you think the space shuttle has?

I believe it was a 286 or 386 which the Xbox puts to shame on computational power.

10-12-2010, 10:47 PM
del

um, it could be, as many have pointed out, that we know the difference between milspec and consumer electronics and that you are clueless.

Ok you liberal nitwits, let me put your minds at ease with a few facts....

Of the top 500 super computers in the world, the US owns 277 of them. Out of the top 10 fastest ones, we own 8. While the US owns 55% of these top 500 computers, the Untied Kingdom is in second place and they own 9% (45) of them. China owns less than France and Germany as well.

China sucks balls. Dont let 1 fucking computer make you all scared. Have a nice day.

Ok you liberal nitwits, let me put your minds at ease with a few facts....

Of the top 500 super computers in the world, the US owns 277 of them. Out of the top 10 fastest ones, we own 8. While the US owns 55% of these top 500 computers, the Untied Kingdom is in second place and they own 9% (45) of them. China owns less than France and Germany as well.

China sucks balls. Dont let 1 fucking computer make you all scared. Have a nice day.

One super computer, for now.

They've also been working on knocking down satellites. What else are the working on?

They have the money. The GOP has worked tirelessly to make sure of that.

And now they've proven, they have the technology. Hmmm, I wonder where that came from?

Yeah we made plenty of supercomputers, however many of them are now obsolete.
What were super computers are now just computers.

Why did we not do it first you partisan hack?

Why did we not make a super computer first? Weve made shitloads of them over the years. What the fuck are you even talking about? :lol:

Umm did you read the op?

Yes, i get it. China owns the worlds fastest computer.... for maybe the next couple weeks until an American company makes a faster one. Big deal. Its one fucking computer and the US cant be the best at everything at all times. Next year some other country will hold that spot for a split second, then the US will be back on top again, and this process will repeat itself over and over again.

The US is always going to be the country to beat, and everyone will keep trying. They just wont beat us for long. Regardless, Chinas fastest computer isnt faster than say... 2 of our fast computers together. Like i said before, we have hundreds of them to use, so Chinas 1 computer doesnt mean shit.

Yeah we made plenty of supercomputers, however many of them are now obsolete.
What were super computers are now just computers.

Thats a false statement. Like i said before, of the CURRENT 500 fastest super computers in the world, we own 277 of them.

Last edited:
The current fastest 500 are not all supercomputers any longer. As I said obsolete.

How about the top 500 fastest cars in the world?
That would pretty much cover every one of the car models made.

Forum List

Back