China calls for Russia-Ukraine cease-fire, peace talks

Well, the reality is that the Chinese government spend half their life trying to stop themselves looking stupid because... well, they did stupid stuff.
Like the one child policy. Twenty years of "are you really that fucking dumb?" to now "we've always promoted the family" bullshit.
They're commies, aren't you a commie too?

we should give this proper attention and a real chance of success.

It is curious that the Chinese think offering a non-starter would bring them anything.

We always accuse the Russians and the Chinese of making misleading statements about world affairs.....but we forget that NATO manages to be the largest and most VOCAL liar on the planet.
I'm reminded there's a national narrative that is verboten to cross....~S~

One year into Ukraine war, China says sending weapons will not bring peace

China told the United Nations on Thursday that one year into the Ukraine war "brutal facts offer an ample proof that sending weapons will not bring peace," just days after the United States and NATO warned Beijing against giving Russia military support.

Remote : Sat, 25 Feb 2023 22:35:05 GMT
Local : 2023-02-25(Saturday) 23 : 35 : 05

Found via World Headlines on nicer.app

i'd call this a hopeful sign from the Chinese, and i once again feel it necessary to point out that i think it's very important for us to be sending Zelensky to the negotiating table (so : back to the Minsk agreement negotiations).

I was told the same about Iraq......Syria......libya........

And might have been.... Have you seen oil prices recently?
You know why the US went to war in Iraq and Libya? Why they put sanctions against Venezuela and Iran?

No, they won't, because it won't have succeeded, you don't look good not making peace.
nonsense. diplomacy should always be tried before starting an armed conflict, or prolonging an armed conflict.
if you don't, you're the aggresssor.
Putin is currently the aggressor, but Zelensky has publicly stated that he wants all of Ukraine's old territories back.
and that makes Zelensky an aggressor too, one that is sacrificing a ridiculous amount of his citizens as soldiers in this war.

nonsense. diplomacy should always be tried before starting an armed conflict, or prolonging an armed conflict.
if you don't, you're the aggresssor.
Putin is currently the aggressor, but Zelensky has publicly stated that he wants all of Ukraine's old territories back.
and that makes Zelensky an aggressor too, one that is sacrificing a ridiculous amount of his citizens as soldiers in this war.

Well, who said Putin wanted diplomacy? He didn't. He wanted to invade, everything he's done regarding the Ukraine in the last 23 years suggests this.
Diplomacy with the annexation of the Crimea? Nope. Diplomacy when poisoning Ukrainian politicians? Nope.

Zelensky wanting his country back is "aggression"? Come off it.

Good God---- even the communist red Chinese have more sense and integrity and make Biden LOOK BAD, worthless and an ineffectual JOKE!
At the same time they're giving weapons to the Russians?

Come on man, I hope you don't believe even for a minute that China has any kind of moral high ground

The CCP is a bunch of lying fucktards just like our Democraps. Covid should have been more than enough proof of that

If Russia agreed to that it would only Encourage NATO to Charge in over their borders and seek to dismantle the Russian Republic.
Russia knows this. They knew it when they responded to the Threat to their Borders a year ago. Russia cannot back down because if they do
How many borders has NATO charged over? Russia has a long track record of doing exactly that.

they will cease to exist. The reason the Chinese are considering getting involved is because they know that they are next.
The reason the Chinese are considering getting involved is because they want to do to Taiwan what Russia did to Ukraine.

How many borders has NATO charged over? Russia has a long track record of doing exactly that.

The reason the Chinese are considering getting involved is because they want to do to Taiwan what Russia did to Ukraine.

And what we did to Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq, Libya, Yemen...............................

And what we did to Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq, Libya, Yemen...............................
Good point but they are not quite the same things.
  • Afghanistan - Russia installed an unpopular puppet but no NATO troops were involved; US was attacked on 9/11 and acted to defend itself
  • Syria, Libya, Yemen - no significant NATO troops, peacekeepers not combatants
  • Iraq - a US, not a NATO blunder

Good point but they are not quite the same things.
  • Afghanistan - Russia installed an unpopular puppet but no NATO troops were involved; US was attacked on 9/11 and acted to defend itselfh

That was the excuse we used. There are always excuses. Afghanistan did not attack us. Those who did fled to Pakistan but we staying in Afghanistan.

• Syria, Libya, Yemen - no significant NATO troops, peacekeepers not combatants
  • Iraq - a US, not a NATO blunder

I am speaking about the U.S. not NATO. NATO does nothing outside of our leading it.

That was the excuse we used. There are always excuses. Afghanistan did not attack us. Those who did fled to Pakistan but we staying in Afghanistan.
They had the full support of the Taliban so they were a legitimate target. We screwed it up by the NeoCons trying to nation build.

I am speaking about the U.S. not NATO. NATO does nothing outside of our leading it.
NATO is a herd of cats and would pose no threat to a Russia that stayed inside it's own borders.

They had the full support of the Taliban so they were a legitimate target. We screwed it up by the NeoCons trying to nation build.

NATO is a herd of cats and would pose no threat to a Russia that stayed inside it's own borders.

NATO isn't a threat to anyone without the U.S. leading them into whatever worthless endeavor we support.

Yes that's pretty much what I said....but you're missing the bigger point here.
NATO is no longer a defensive organization they have demonstrabley become
expansionists intent on conquest. This has not been lost on either the Russian or
the Chinese militaries.

FYI :

February 26, 2023, 04:59 – Public Information Service – TEH – The head of the Bundeswehr Military Personnel Union, Andre Wüstner, has announced that the German Bundeswehr expects a decade-long conflict between the North Atlantic Alliance and the Russian Federation. This is reported by the publication Zeit. “It is naive to believe that the conflict […]

The post Zeit: Bundeswehr expects ten-year war between NATO and Russia appeared first on The Eastern Herald.

Remote : Sun, 26 Feb 2023 04:00:37 +0000
Local : 2023-02-26(Sunday) 05 : 00 : 37

also FYI :

US says China will face 'real costs' if it provides lethal aid to Russia for war in Ukraine

US national security adviser Jake Sullivan on Sunday vowed there would be "real costs" for China if the country went forward with providing lethal aid to Russia in its war on Ukraine.

Remote : Sun, 26 Feb 2023 16:00:19 GMT
Local : 2023-02-26(Sunday) 17 : 00 : 19

i'd say now that if the US is going all-in with their support for Ukraine, they might as well supply those F16s right now.

Forum List

Back