Chick-fil-A to halt Salvation Army, FCA donations after LGBTQ protests

Yes, he would have helped them. I'm not demanding anything. I'm saying we should live by the example Jesus set.

You said you're Christian and use Jesus as an example. So you'd help them and tell them to sin no more?

You're falling into the web I'm spinning

You can not talk to people you turn away.

That wasn't my question. I asked you if you would help them but tell them they're sinning?

The web is close knit now

The Bible warns us about judging others. No I would not tell them that. I would tell them about Jesus and if they had questions to direct them to him.

I am not capable of judging others. Come judgement day, Jesus will not be seeking my opinion.

If someone is doing something that is a sin, the best one to address that is Jesus.
So, as a Christian, you'd do NOTHING to stop someone raping your wife or daughter?

If I continued here I would likely end up saying something I regret.

When you are left with nothing but this sort of hyperbole, you obviously have nothing left.

You can talk to them.

Those I turn away are not going to listen. What kind of example is that?

I said when you helped them will you tell them they are sinful. Like Jesus did

The web is engulfing you

I addressed that. If they are sinning the best person to address that is Jesus. I'm human and capable of error and not put here to judge. We are warned about that in the Bible.

But you didn't hesitate to invoke what Jesus would do....until it got to go and sin no more

Interesting

If he tells them that, they should listen.

He did... it's Biblical

That wasn't my question. I asked you if you would help them but tell them they're sinning?

The Bible warns us about judging others. No I would not tell them that. I would tell them about Jesus and if they had questions to direct them to him.

I am not capable of judging others. Come judgement day, Jesus will not be seeking my opinion.

If someone is doing something that is a sin, the best one to address that is Jesus.

You stated you knew they were gay, then invoked Jesus as a tolerant understanding man then confronted He would help them but warn them of their sin you suddenly switch gears to you're not judgemental?

If you're a Christian you strive to be Christ like and live Christ like.

You're not a Christian, you're a moderate leftist playing a fool's game

judge not lest you be judged

Matthew 7:1

Informing someone homosexually is a sin isn't judging.

You already knew that

I see people sin in many ways. Calling people names for one. Gossiping. The list is long. I sin. I hope for forgiveness and wish it for others also.

Those I turn away are not going to listen. What kind of example is that?

The web is engulfing you

I addressed that. If they are sinning the best person to address that is Jesus. I'm human and capable of error and not put here to judge. We are warned about that in the Bible.

But you didn't hesitate to invoke what Jesus would do....until it got to go and sin no more

Interesting

He did... it's Biblical

Jesus never did.

You said you're Christian and use Jesus as an example. So you'd help them and tell them to sin no more?

You stated you knew they were gay, then invoked Jesus as a tolerant understanding man then confronted He would help them but warn them of their sin you suddenly switch gears to you're not judgemental?

If you're a Christian you strive to be Christ like and live Christ like.

You're not a Christian, you're a moderate leftist playing a fool's game

judge not lest you be judged

Matthew 7:1
And only a few verses later, Jesus tells us....

“Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly” (John 7:24).

The web is engulfing you

Interesting

He did... it's Biblical

Jesus never did.
Is your Google broke? Google the phrase and learn

"Go and sin no more"

So, as a Christian, you'd do NOTHING to stop someone raping your wife or daughter?

When you are left with nothing but this sort of hyperbole, you obviously have nothing left.
No, it's the real world we live in and you told us you can't define sin, and you would do nothing to stop someone because you are a coward who is more afraid of judging EVIL than saving those you love

Interesting

He did... it's Biblical

Jesus never did.
Is your Google broke? Google the phrase and learn

"Go and sin no more"

I don't disagree. Does that go for name calling also?

No, it's the real world we live in and you told us you can't define sin, and you would do nothing to stop someone because you are a coward who is more afraid of judging EVIL than saving those you love

You have totally misrepresented what I said. Define sin? I believe adultery is a sin. I believe taking the Lord's name in vain is a sin. Would I turn those away that is seeking help for that?

No.

But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. ... man: for when the prophets are judged of the prophets, it is the Spirit that judges, ...

But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. ... man: for when the prophets are judged of the prophets, it is the Spirit that judges, ...

Absolutely, the spirit will judge.

You have totally misrepresented what I said. Define sin? I believe adultery is a sin. I believe taking the Lord's name in vain is a sin. Would I turn those away that is seeking help for that?

No.
You correctly gave me a list of a couple sins, but I asked you for the Biblical definition of sin. There is one. Can you provide it? I'll wait. BTW, homosexuality IS a sin. And yes, we are to JUDGE. You are misapplying Christ's words when you throw out that scripture without the understanding of multitude of other scriptures

No.
You correctly gave me a list of a couple sins, but I asked you for the Biblical definition of sin. There is one. Can you provide it? I'll wait. BTW, homosexuality IS a sin. And yes, we are to JUDGE. You are misapplying Christ's words when you throw out that scripture without the understanding of multitude of other scriptures

If you wish to judge, have at it. Just don't be a hypocrite about it.

I know for a fact that locally they turned away a lesbian couple. Maybe that isn't policy, I don't know.
Turned away from what services?

A place to stay when they had nowhere.

If there is a shelter that accepts government funding AND it's a women's shelter in your area they have to accept them.

IDK where you live but that's a fact.

Faith based shelters make their own rules

Many times they seem to be at odds with Jesus's.

Well sorry to inform you but being gay is at odds with Jesus.... that's Biblical

What, exactly, did Jesus say on the subject? We've heard from the sexually repressed Paul on the subject, but never Jesus. Would Jesus deny shelter to the sinner...ever?

It's a business decision. They are looking down the road, and realizing the inevitable.
It's sad, but it's where every thing is headed.
No, it is most certainly not inevitable.

The Alphabet People are at high tide right now, but it is going out already.

But that deterministic 'inevitable' crap is a self-fulfilling prophesy if I ever heard one.

Turned away from what services?

A place to stay when they had nowhere.

If there is a shelter that accepts government funding AND it's a women's shelter in your area they have to accept them.

IDK where you live but that's a fact.

Faith based shelters make their own rules

Many times they seem to be at odds with Jesus's.

Well sorry to inform you but being gay is at odds with Jesus.... that's Biblical

What, exactly, did Jesus say on the subject? We've heard from the sexually repressed Paul on the subject, but never Jesus. Would Jesus deny shelter to the sinner...ever?

So many people seem to be wrapped up in the words of a guy, Paul, who never even met Jesus.

I'm not a Muslim. I'm a Christian. How do I condemn someone for something that many who call themselves a Christian accepts?

There's a significant difference between "Calling" yourself a Christian (super easy) and "being" a Christian (not so easy)

Don't let others be the model by which you measure your own Christianity...instead, rely on the Bible for that.

So, then you are not a Christian.

Thanks for clearing that up

Forum List

Back