Chanting USA is Racist.

How obtuse can you possibly be?

Two AMERICAN teams played against each other.

The losing team had a majority Hispanic-American Roster.

The chant of "USA" was to taunt their Hispanic backgro0und, and if you're going to sit there and deny that - then you're either daft or dishonest.

You cant prove intent - you can only speculate there dummy..

Racist my ass...

Fuck the other team. They should view themselves as Americans NOT MEXICANS.

Funny how there are many nationalities living in the US but view themselves as US citizens first before their nationality... Many Mexicans view themselves as Mexicans first and Americans second....

Fuck them...

You can rant and swear all you want to, it doesn't hide the obviousness of what happened.

Pure speculation....

Even using your opinion - what they did was NOT BAD, IT WAS NOT RACISM...

What will you say next? that flying the flag in the face of an illegal alien in the United States is "racism?"

You're right - I can say whatever the fuck I want... That's why I'm proud of our founding fathers ideas...

You know in this time when school violence has such terrible outcomes you would think that teaching one student(s) that its a good thing to consider the thoughts of others would be a good thing.

We have progressed beyond the old days of after school fights to 24 hour taunting and shootings. Get with the times people. This isn't our generation anymore.

You cant prove intent - you can only speculate there dummy..

Racist my ass...

Fuck the other team. They should view themselves as Americans NOT MEXICANS.

Funny how there are many nationalities living in the US but view themselves as US citizens first before their nationality... Many Mexicans view themselves as Mexicans first and Americans second....

Fuck them...

You can rant and swear all you want to, it doesn't hide the obviousness of what happened.

Pure speculation....

What will you say next? that flying the flag in the face of an illegal alien in the United States is "racism?"

You're right - I can say whatever the fuck I want... That's why I'm proud of our founding fathers ideas...

I just refuse to believe you guys don't really know why they were chanting it, so I'm going to stop engaging your intentional dishonesty and say have a nice day.

No I am serious, if these kids are Hispanic-Americans why does hearing USA offend them?

Because of the context in which its being used.

I guess I'm just having trouble understanding why Hispanic Americans would be offended if people chant USA.

Yea, because normally chanting "USA" isn't offensive.

It's also not normally chanted when a USA team beats a USA team - and WAS being chanted this time because an all white team beat an all Hispanic team. In other words, they chanted it to make the hispanics feel NOT American, which *is* offensive.

This can't be classified as 'Racism.' I know that's the knee-jerk reaction from the usual suspects on the Left, but it's not accurate. It could be classifed as Nationalist Pride though. Chanting positive slogans for one's country, is an expression of love for their country. This would only offend people who are not American Citizens. Those offended would likely be Citizens of another country. In this case, likely Mexico. It looks like Americans are sick of Mexican Illegals showing up at Soccer Matches and booing American Players and their National Anthem. This is likely a response to that behavior. It's not 'Racism.'

Because of the context in which its being used.

I guess I'm just having trouble understanding why Hispanic Americans would be offended if people chant USA.

Yea, because normally chanting "USA" isn't offensive.

It's also not normally chanted when a USA team beats a USA team - and WAS being chanted this time because an all white team beat an all Hispanic team. In other words, they chanted it to make the hispanics feel NOT American, which *is* offensive.

Hmm, I get what your trying to say.

"To be attacked about your ethnicity and being made to feel that you don't belong in this country is terrible. Why can't people just applaud our kids? It just gets old and I'm sick of it. Once again, we're on pins and needles wondering what's going to happen."

I don't care if their feelings were hurt or if they weren't, I'm just calling it like it is, and obviously am not afraid to tell the truth about the obviousness of what happened..... like so many others seem to be.

Like, it's common sense why they were doing it - and it's also no fucking mystery at all why one "partisan side" is pretending about it. Gee, I wonder why

You're giving an opinion which doesn't equate to fact.

Tell us why would the USA chant offend fellow Americans?

Because people with common-sense know that the only reason to chant "USA" when you're not playing a foreign team - is to make believe that they were foreign, because you were all white, and they were hispanic.

Do you guys seriously need someone to draw it for you with crayons and glitter glue? Do you REALLY not know, or are you just intentionally being obtuse about it because you're teh uber partisans? Seriously. :cuckoo:

This has nothing to do with partisanship so we can throw out that red herring.

Jamey Harrison, deputy director of the University Interscholastic League, said that they have an "ongoing investigation" into the incident and at this point, it is unclear if the chant was racially motivated.

Clearly, officials from San Antonio ISD felt it was," Harrison said. "It's my understanding they felt like it was motivated by the fact that most of the students on their team were of Hispanic origin."

So basically they are going on feelings rather than facts.

This can't be classified as 'Racism.' I know that's the knee-jerk reaction from the usual suspects on the Left, but it's not accurate. It could be classifed as Nationalist Pride though. Chanting positive slogans for one's country, is an expression of love for their country. This would only offend people who are not American Citizens. Those offended would likely be Citizens of another country. In this case, likely Mexico. It looks like Americans are sick of Mexican Illegals showing up at Soccer Matches and booing American Players and their National Anthem. This is likely a response to that behavior. It's not 'Racism.'

It's definitely racism. They chanted it to make the hispanic team feel not american. It's fucking obvious, even the offending school admitted it.

The intent is clear. You can't be serious with this question.

No it's not clear...

Can you prove it??

Besides - In what universe is chanting USA, USA in your own country "racist" in the first place?

Quite frankly IT IS WORSE TO CONSIDER YOURSELF A MEXICAN FIRST AND A US CITIZEN (most are probably illegal) SECOND...

Once again progressives absolutely hate the United States...

Of course in the progressive mind ALL OTHER NATIONS AND CULTURES are sovereign, while the US is nothing more than an "oasis."

Because they were chanting it as a form of mockery that the other team was hispanic.

And denying that is being dishonest. Live with it.

Even if true how is that wrong???

Its the Mexicans fault - A) they clearly don't value the US (if they did they would support the chant) and B) are clearly Mexicans first and US "citizens" second.

It's the Mexicans fault and progressives fault for getting bent over this.

This is the United States and you can chant whatever the fuck you want - especially "USA,USA."

Not to mention (as a hockey fan) during the Olympics fans from all nations chant patriotic songs and messages - even on the opposing nations turf. How is that any different?

The difference is we have two allegedly US teams here and one is bent because they're Mexicans first..

Who would be offended by this? No American Citizen would be. Something to ponder i guess.

Because people with common-sense know that the only reason to chant "USA" when you're not playing a foreign team - is to make believe that they were foreign, because you were all white, and they were hispanic.

Do you guys seriously need someone to draw it for you with crayons and glitter glue? Do you REALLY not know, or are you just intentionally being obtuse about it because you're teh uber partisans? Seriously. :cuckoo:

Jamey Harrison, deputy director of the University Interscholastic League, said that they have an "ongoing investigation" into the incident and at this point, it is unclear if the chant was racially motivated.

Clearly, officials from San Antonio ISD felt it was," Harrison said. "It's my understanding they felt like it was motivated by the fact that most of the students on their team were of Hispanic origin."

It's either stupidity or partisanship.

It's like going to harlem in an ice cream truck, getting on the loud-speaker and singing about fried chicken and watermelon and then pretending after "it's got nothing to do with offending blacks!"

It's pure dishonesty, or pure stupidity, or pure partisanship, or all three.

No it's not clear...

Can you prove it??

Besides - In what universe is chanting USA, USA in your own country "racist" in the first place?

Quite frankly IT IS WORSE TO CONSIDER YOURSELF A MEXICAN FIRST AND A US CITIZEN (most are probably illegal) SECOND...

Once again progressives absolutely hate the United States...

Of course in the progressive mind ALL OTHER NATIONS AND CULTURES are sovereign, while the US is nothing more than an "oasis."

Because they were chanting it as a form of mockery that the other team was hispanic.

And denying that is being dishonest. Live with it.

Even if true how is that wrong???

Its the Mexicans fault - A) they clearly don't value the US (if they did they would support the chant) and B) are clearly Mexicans first and US "citizens" second.

It's the Mexicans fault and progressives fault for getting bent over this.

This is the United States and you can chant whatever the fuck you want - especially "USA,USA."

Not to mention (as a hockey fan) during the Olympics fans from all nations chant patriotic songs and messages - even on the opposing nations turf. How is that any different?

The difference is we have two allegedly US teams here and one is bent because they're Mexicans first..

no, not because they're Mexicans first, but because the white team is implying they're Mexicans and not Americans by employing the chant. It's not rocket science.

It's like going to harlem in an ice cream truck, getting on the loud-speaker and singing about fried chicken and watermelon and then pretending after "it's got nothing to do with offending blacks!"

Chicken and watermelon are offensive to blacks?

Damn all those Popeye, Church's and KFC comercials must really be a problem for blacks.

And what dumbass would be selling chicken and watermelon from an ice cream truck?

:cuckoo:

And where do the facts of racism get derived from? FEELINGS

This just proves the point that when you cry racism all the time actual events (like this one) will be subject to doubt.

I am on the right and I DO see it. However the division in this thread is clearly left/right which makes it very much partisan.

Pure speculation....

I just refuse to believe you guys don't really know why they were chanting it, so I'm going to stop engaging your intentional dishonesty and say have a nice day.

Why does it even matter...

They CAN DO IT is what matters..

The fact that a bunch of US citizens are being degraded for chanting "USA,USA" in the FUCKING USA is bonkers.

All this proves is that PROGRESSIVES HATE THE UNITED STATES...

The Mexicans kids are WRONG - If they want to be "Mexican" then they can go to MEXICO. If they want to embrace being a US CITIZEN THEY CAN CHANT "USA."

It's not that difficult to understand.

Chicken and watermelon are offensive to blacks?

Damn all those Popeye, Church's and KFC comercials must really be a problem for blacks.

And what dumbass would be selling chicken and watermelon from an ice cream truck?

:cuckoo:

See here, is more of you playing dumb in order to maintain your facade of wrongness cloaked by partisanship as rightness.

Forum List

Back