Chanting USA is Racist.

Because they were chanting it as a form of mockery that the other team was hispanic.

And denying that is being dishonest. Live with it.

Even if true how is that wrong???

Its the Mexicans fault - A) they clearly don't value the US (if they did they would support the chant) and B) are clearly Mexicans first and US "citizens" second.

It's the Mexicans fault and progressives fault for getting bent over this.

This is the United States and you can chant whatever the fuck you want - especially "USA,USA."

Not to mention (as a hockey fan) during the Olympics fans from all nations chant patriotic songs and messages - even on the opposing nations turf. How is that any different?

The difference is we have two allegedly US teams here and one is bent because they're Mexicans first..

no, not because they're Mexicans first, but because the white team is implying they're Mexicans and not Americans by employing the chant. It's not rocket science.

Not everyone on the team were Mexican. But don't let the facts get in your way.

Pure speculation....

Even using your opinion - what they did was NOT BAD, IT WAS NOT RACISM...

What will you say next? that flying the flag in the face of an illegal alien in the United States is "racism?"

You're right - I can say whatever the fuck I want... That's why I'm proud of our founding fathers ideas...

I just refuse to believe you guys don't really know why they were chanting it, so I'm going to stop engaging your intentional dishonesty and say have a nice day.

Why does it even matter...

They CAN DO IT is what matters..

The fact that a bunch of US citizens are being degraded for chanting "USA,USA" in the FUCKING USA is bonkers.

All this proves is that PROGRESSIVES HATE THE UNITED STATES...

The Mexicans kids are WRONG - If they want to be "Mexican" then they can go to MEXICO. If they want to embrace being a US CITIZEN THEY CAN CHANT "USA."

It's not that difficult to understand.

You're the one having trouble understanding.

They chanted "USA" to make the Hispanic Americans feel not American.

That is dick.

If you do not understand the very simple concept, good for you.

Its the Mexicans fault - A) they clearly don't value the US (if they did they would support the chant) and B) are clearly Mexicans first and US "citizens" second.

This is the United States and you can chant whatever the fuck you want - especially "USA,USA."

Not to mention (as a hockey fan) during the Olympics fans from all nations chant patriotic songs and messages - even on the opposing nations turf. How is that any different?

The difference is we have two allegedly US teams here and one is bent because they're Mexicans first..

no, not because they're Mexicans first, but because the white team is implying they're Mexicans and not Americans by employing the chant. It's not rocket science.

never said they were, dont let asides and strawmen hurt your credibility further than it is by denying that this was done out of malice.

How obtuse can you possibly be?

Two AMERICAN teams played against each other.

The losing team had a majority Hispanic-American Roster.

The chant of "USA" was to taunt their Hispanic backgro0und, and if you're going to sit there and deny that - then you're either daft or dishonest.

You cant prove intent - you can only speculate there dummy..

Racist my ass...

Fuck the other team. They should view themselves as Americans NOT MEXICANS.

Funny how there are many nationalities living in the US but view themselves as US citizens first before their nationality... Many Mexicans view themselves as Mexicans first and Americans second....

Fuck them...

they DID view themselves as Americans. The chanting team did NOT, thus the USA...USA. chanting. Sorry, but I have to agree that the chanting was a slam on the Mexican heritage of the losing team. BOTH teams were American, so the USA...USA... chanting was out of place.

Because people with common-sense know that the only reason to chant "USA" when you're not playing a foreign team - is to make believe that they were foreign, because you were all white, and they were hispanic.

Do you guys seriously need someone to draw it for you with crayons and glitter glue? Do you REALLY not know, or are you just intentionally being obtuse about it because you're teh uber partisans? Seriously. :cuckoo:

This has nothing to do with partisanship so we can throw out that red herring.

Jamey Harrison, deputy director of the University Interscholastic League, said that they have an "ongoing investigation" into the incident and at this point, it is unclear if the chant was racially motivated.

Clearly, officials from San Antonio ISD felt it was," Harrison said. "It's my understanding they felt like it was motivated by the fact that most of the students on their team were of Hispanic origin."

So basically they are going on feelings rather than facts.

And where do the facts of racism get derived from? FEELINGS

This just proves the point that when you cry racism all the time actual events (like this one) will be subject to doubt.

I am on the right and I DO see it. However the division in this thread is clearly left/right which makes it very much partisan.

Depends on your definition of "partisan".

It's either stupidity or partisanship.

It's like going to harlem in an ice cream truck, getting on the loud-speaker and singing about fried chicken and watermelon and then pretending after "it's got nothing to do with offending blacks!"

It's pure dishonesty, or pure stupidity, or pure partisanship, or all three.

Chicken and watermelon are offensive to blacks?

Damn all those Popeye, Church's and KFC comercials must really be a problem for blacks.

And what dumbass would be selling chicken and watermelon from an ice cream truck?

:cuckoo:

See here, is more of you playing dumb in order to maintain your facade of wrongness cloaked by partisanship as rightness.

I'm not the one that suggested selling chicken and watermelon out of an ice cream truck.

Next time come up with a better analogy and you won't be mocked for your absurdity.

Do you honestly think that singing about fried chicken and watermelon would offensive to blacks? I think they'd come out expecting to buy a bucket or two and then ask for some red soda water to wash it all down.

The chant of "USA" was to taunt their Hispanic backgro0und, and if you're going to sit there and deny that - then you're either daft or dishonest.

Yet these same schools celebrate cinco de mayo.. How do I know ,my kids went to school in Texas :cuckoo: How is that fair to the white or blacks that go to those schools TO me that is racist !

99.9% of winning teams chant the name of their school mascot. Not the name of our country. That alone makes the intent clear.

Do they have the right? Sure. But when the oppressed picks up a gun or brutally beats those oppressing them everyone will sit around saying "but he was such a good kid" and "I don't know why he would do such a thing" While all along the damn reason was right in front of us.

No it's not clear...

Can you prove it??

Besides - In what universe is chanting USA, USA in your own country "racist" in the first place?

Quite frankly IT IS WORSE TO CONSIDER YOURSELF A MEXICAN FIRST AND A US CITIZEN (most are probably illegal) SECOND...

Once again progressives absolutely hate the United States...

Of course in the progressive mind ALL OTHER NATIONS AND CULTURES are sovereign, while the US is nothing more than an "oasis."

Because they were chanting it as a form of mockery that the other team was hispanic.

And denying that is being dishonest. Live with it.

You are really retarded, you know that?

There WERE no 'Mexicans' here. There were US CITIZENS of Mexican descent.

You keep claiming the losing team though of themselves as Mexican first. I don't suppose you'd like to share your inside information on this, proving your contention, would you? A link perhaps? No? Just your opinion, is it?

Fucking racist pussy.

never said they were, dont let asides and strawmen hurt your credibility further than it is by denying that this was done out of malice.

Where's your proof it was done out of malice?

Yet these same schools celebrate cinco de mayo.. How do I know ,my kids went to school in Texas :cuckoo: How is that fair to the white or blacks that go to those schools TO me that is racist !

My sons school here in PA celebrates Cinco de Mayo too. Your point?

Chicken and watermelon are offensive to blacks?

Damn all those Popeye, Church's and KFC comercials must really be a problem for blacks.

And what dumbass would be selling chicken and watermelon from an ice cream truck?

See here, is more of you playing dumb in order to maintain your facade of wrongness cloaked by partisanship as rightness.

I'm not the one that suggested selling chicken and watermelon out of an ice cream truck.

Next time come up with a better analogy and you won't be mocked for your absurdity.

Do you honestly think that singing about fried chicken and watermelon would offensive to blacks? I think they'd come out expecting to buy a bucket or two and then ask for some red soda water to wash it all down.

You're continuing to be purposefully obtuse.

It's not cute, it's becoming part of your character though. Dishonesty. Like making a donation in my name to wounded warriors? Called them. No, you didn't. Plus you'd have a receipt, and you do have my email address. And no, you didn't.

And you said you didn't pay me, via the terms of the bet, and instead PAID wounded warriors because you didn't want me to know your identity because you plan to run for office.

I know your identity, so that's a wash.

You're a dishonest guy, and I always tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you keep trucking on down that path.

Gosh! There's rivalry between HS teams? Who would have guessed?
"USA" is not a race. Unjustified-and pathetic-whinning in my opinion.

My schools always celebrated it..........all the way in NY.

Go figure.

Plenty of evidence here the GOP breeds racism and hate.

Pass the Schumer/Lindsay Graham bill, giving worthy illegals amnesty, and making illegal work ILLEGAL, FERCHRISSAKE!! Pub dupes...

is this reconquista guy also 'racist'.....?

images

is this reconquista guy also 'racist'.....?

images

Hey, we all know "USA" is not a Race.

You're the one missing the point.

The white kids were implying the hispanic kids were not American, because of their Hispanic ethnicity.

That's racist.

Forum List

Back