Celebrating the Union

It was a very long time ago, but when I was a freshman in college my roommate (and subsequently lots of friends) was from NJ. Every once in a while they would all stop and stare at each other, trying to figure out what the hell I had just said. I had a really heavy accent back then.
I was an oilfield refugee from the Gulf Coast transported tothe bad part of SoCa. I started at a community college so was surrounded by a lot of latinas and strangely, Chinese. They did the same to me often.

It was a very long time ago, but when I was a freshman in college my roommate (and subsequently lots of friends) was from NJ. Every once in a while they would all stop and stare at each other, trying to figure out what the hell I had just said. I had a really heavy accent back then.
I attended graduate school in England and came back to the U.S. with an English accent, or so I was told by Americans. Brits seldom mistook me for being British.

Goddammit you leftards are fucking stupid.

I just did that three times in a row, brainless dimwit.

I'll bet you went to a public school, didn't you?

American public schools crank out brainless morons at an astounding rate.

Earlier today, you posted some dimwitted comment and I was going to comment that your were clearly the product of home schooling because you're completely lacking in critical thinking skills. And here you are doing it again.

You lash out irrationally because I have averred that good things can be said about all fifty states, and refuse to disparage any.
Irrational? Jailing people for over two years for trespassing and falsifying evidence is irrational and fascist.

Irrational? Jailing people for over two years for trespassing and falsifying evidence is irrational and fascist.
I deal in reality, not paranoidal delusions.

There are many states with much to commend them.

Select one and extol its virtues. It will reduce the contempt you feel for America.

Earlier today, you posted some dimwitted comment and I was going to comment that your were clearly the product of home schooling because you're completely lacking in critical thinking skills. And here you are doing it again.
Moron, I have no patience for leftard morons. Go away.

Fucking leftards accusing others of being dimwitted. ^^^

Thanks for the belly laugh. :p

MSM?

The lying assholes from hell?

They fucking LIE.
Your inability to deal with objective, empirical reality is unfortunate.

In addition to your being unable to accept the primacy of Massachusetts in public education and having the highest percentage of college graduates, are you also in denial of the Commonwealth's impressive Mean Household Income. its having the lowest Firearm Fatality Rate and the Lowest Divorce Rate of all fifty states, and its being ranked the Second Healthiest State, following only Vermont.?

What are the sources of your alternative data if you are not just making it up without any coherent basis?

Personal preference regarding states is predicated upon a multiplicity of factors, (Disclosure: My favorite is Maine.) However, impersonal, objective, empirical data can still be referenced for comparative analysis.

Massachusetts distinguishes itself in a number of respects:

* The 1780 Constitution of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, drafted by John Adams, is the world's oldest functioning written constitution. It served as a model for the United States Constitution, which was written in 1787 and became effective in 1789.

* Massachusetts is ranked as having the best public education system of all US states. The US News and World Report rankings looked at how well states are educating their students in preschool, K-12 and higher education after examining areas like preschool enrollment, math and reading scores, college readiness, graduation rates, tuition and fees, and debt at graduation.

* Massachusetts has the highest percentage of degree-holders in the U.S. (52%) and is one of just two states where more than half of the adult population has some type of college degree.

* Massachusetts ranks second (behind New Jersey) in Mean Household Income.

* Massachusetts had the lowest Firearm Fatality Rate of all fifty states. (It is tied with New Jersey for the Second Lowest Rate of Private Gun Ownership.)

* Massachusetts distinguished itself by being the First State to Abolish Slavery outright, in 1783. (Massachusetts was the only state to have zero slaves enumerated on the 1790 federal census.)

* Regarding family stability. Massachusetts has the Lowest Divorce Rate of all the states. Massachusetts was the first to end gender discrimination in marriage law. (The nation eventually followed its lead.)

* Massachusetts is ranked the Second Healthiest State, following Vermont. (The Massachusetts Health Care Reform Act (commonly referred to as Romneycare) was a healthcare reform law passed in 2006 with the aim of providing health insurance to nearly all of the residents of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. It was later largely adopted nationally as the Affordable Care Act, 'ObamaCare.')

Of course, the 49 other states have signal achievements of which they can rightly boast as well. I have cited just one.

I encourage a united celebration of patriotism by enumerating the singular distinctions of others.

Massoftwoshits

Forum List

Back