Celebrating the Union

schmidlap

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2020
Personal preference regarding states is predicated upon a multiplicity of factors, (Disclosure: My favorite is Maine.) However, impersonal, objective, empirical data can still be referenced for comparative analysis.

Massachusetts distinguishes itself in a number of respects:

* The 1780 Constitution of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, drafted by John Adams, is the world's oldest functioning written constitution. It served as a model for the United States Constitution, which was written in 1787 and became effective in 1789.

* Massachusetts is ranked as having the best public education system of all US states. The US News and World Report rankings looked at how well states are educating their students in preschool, K-12 and higher education after examining areas like preschool enrollment, math and reading scores, college readiness, graduation rates, tuition and fees, and debt at graduation.

* Massachusetts has the highest percentage of degree-holders in the U.S. (52%) and is one of just two states where more than half of the adult population has some type of college degree.

* Massachusetts ranks second (behind New Jersey) in Mean Household Income.

* Massachusetts had the lowest Firearm Fatality Rate of all fifty states. (It is tied with New Jersey for the Second Lowest Rate of Private Gun Ownership.)

* Massachusetts distinguished itself by being the First State to Abolish Slavery outright, in 1783. (Massachusetts was the only state to have zero slaves enumerated on the 1790 federal census.)

* Regarding family stability. Massachusetts has the Lowest Divorce Rate of all the states. Massachusetts was the first to end gender discrimination in marriage law. (The nation eventually followed its lead.)

* Massachusetts is ranked the Second Healthiest State, following Vermont. (The Massachusetts Health Care Reform Act (commonly referred to as Romneycare) was a healthcare reform law passed in 2006 with the aim of providing health insurance to nearly all of the residents of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. It was later largely adopted nationally as the Affordable Care Act, 'ObamaCare.')

Of course, the 49 other states have signal achievements of which they can rightly boast as well. I have cited just one.

I encourage a united celebration of patriotism by enumerating the singular distinctions of others.

Last edited:
Lot of refugees from Mass. hit here in the 1980's.

Let's send them a few hundred thousand wetbacks and see what happens to their wonderful stats. I remember watching all those educated Massachusetts liberals tossing bricks and molotov cocktails at school busses full of black children in the late 60's and 1970's, lol.

Meh, we let the VSP handle the Massholes that traverse our fine state.
Patriotic Americans are not resentful of the relative success of other states because those states' greater success accrues to the benefit of the nation.

I wonder how many other Mass. politicians claim to be American Indians besides Warren. Mass. is a freaking joke.
Neither Johnny Cash's nor Elizabeth Warren's accenting their family's tradition of native American heritage has a discernible impact upon their states' success.

If you can't cite the achievements of any state, you should try to do so rather than bellywhinge.

Personal preference regarding states is predicated upon a multiplicity of factors, (Disclosure: My favorite is Maine.) However, impersonal, objective, empirical data can still be referenced for comparative analysis.

* The 1780 Constitution of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, drafted by John Adams, is the world's oldest functioning written constitution. It served as a model for the United States Constitution, which was written in 1787 and became effective in 1789.

* Massachusetts is ranked as having the best public education system of all US states. The US News and World Report rankings looked at how well states are educating their students in preschool, K-12 and higher education after examining areas like preschool enrollment, math and reading scores, college readiness, graduation rates, tuition and fees, and debt at graduation.

* Massachusetts has the highest percentage of degree-holders in the U.S. (52%) and is one of just two states where more than half of the adult population has some type of college degree.

* Massachusetts had the lowest Firearm Fatality Rate of all fifty states. (It is tied with New Jersey for the Second Lowest Rate of Private Gun Ownership.)

* Massachusetts distinguished itself by being the First State to Abolish Slavery outright, in 1783. (Massachusetts was the only state to have zero slaves enumerated on the 1790 federal census.)

* Regarding family stability. Massachusetts has the Lowest Divorce Rate of all the states. Massachusetts was the first to end gender discrimination in marriage law. (The nation eventually followed its lead.)

* Massachusetts is ranked the Second Healthiest State, following Vermont. (The Massachusetts Health Care Reform Act (commonly referred to as Romneycare) was a healthcare reform law passed in 2006 with the aim of providing health insurance to nearly all of the residents of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. It was later largely adopted nationally as the Affordable Care Act, 'ObamaCare.')

Of course, the 49 other states have signal achievements of which they can rightly boast as well. I have cited just one.

I encourage a united celebration of patriotism by enumerating the singular distinctions of others.
I believe Boston is a hub for biochem medicine too.

Massachusetts public education STINKS.

Boston's math proficiency is 37%.

Lot of refugees from Mass. hit here in the 1980's.

Let's send them a few hundred thousand wetbacks and see what happens to their wonderful stats. I remember watching all those educated Massachusetts liberals tossing bricks and molotov cocktails at school busses full of black children in the late 60's and 1970's, lol.

Many who had financial success in Massachusetts have the means to retire to climes that accommodate the aged. You won't find many blizzard-weary Bay Staters rushing to North Dakota for their golden years.

Also, Massachusetts' high cost-of-living causes many to relocate to less costly locales.

Do you have no state about which you can offer positive comments rather than kvetch about others?

I enumerated Massachusetts' standing in several significant metrics, and enjoined others to do so in regard to other states.

Massachusetts public education STINKS.

Boston's math proficiency is 37%.
Please cite the states that achieve greater success in public education than Massachusetts and credible sources for your claims.

Being relentlessly negative serves no purpose.

... I remember watching all those educated Massachusetts liberals tossing bricks and molotov cocktails at school busses full of black children in the late 60's and 1970's, lol.
Why do your reminiscences cast such lowlife bigots as "educated Massachusetts liberals"?

How do you document their academic credentials and ideological predilections?

Are you unable to present commendations of any state?

Please cite the states that achieve greater success in public education than Massachusetts and credible sources for your claims.

Being relentlessly negative serves no purpose.
Do your own research, dimwitted dimtard.

Start with San Francisco at 51%.

If a leftist shithole like San Fran can do it, Boston ought to be able to do it too.

Forum List

Back