Celebrating Robert E. Lee's Birthday Today Brings Out Southern Pride And Patriotism

What about the infamous Swastika?

No. The swastika is a symbol of hope and affirmation of life. If you mean the Nazis use of it then not even that is more repulsive to me.

I commend your honesty. A lot of people on here would double-back if they were asked if they find the [Nazis'] Swastika more repulsive/offensive than the Stars & Bars. You didn't. I find neither to be offensive/repulsive/whatever.

Why would they double back? The swastika used by the Nazis is bad as well but in my opinion not as bad as the shit rag known as the confederate flag.

Not sure the OP knows what "patriotism" means.

Lee fought for the wrong side.

And lost.

The war lasted so long because of the incompetence of Lincoln's generals. But the rebs still got their ass handed to them. Their economy destroyed. Then, like a bunch of dirty animals, they crawled back home and took it out on freemen.

The level of sin and inhumanity in the South AFTER the war was unprecedented. It was an American holocaust perpetrated by the losing side of the civil war-- mainly the lower class whites who felt so ashamed at having lost everything, they took it out on the blacks.

Why is it aways the South? What is it about people down there that turns them into uncivilized backwards animals whenever they feel threatened by people with darker skin tone?

They are as pious as they are deranged and violent.

Anybody from the South want to comment?

And to be proud of it, waving the rebel flag like a lunatic racist… Shameful.

View attachment 29067

If ignorance was gunpowder, you'd be able to blow your worthless corpse all the way to the Ukraine. Personally, I would love to watch that happen. Dangerous and violent? You shouldn't talk when it is the cities of the north (Detroit and Chicago to name just two) who routinely push the envelope in murders and violent death.

Being southern is something that I have long been very proud of and have actively tried to pass along to my children and grand children. The history, the traditions, the freedom of being responsible for yourself and helping neighbors, not because you have to, but because it is the Christian thing to do. They are proudly southern as well as their children will be. And if you have to ask why, then nothing I say will 'enlighten' you. I wouldn't want to anyway. Trying to explain it to you would be like trying to tell the Taliban why being American was such a good thing. No frame of reference and you can't fix stupid.

But, and going out on a limb here to speak for all southerners, there is NOTHING here for YOU. Anything south of the Mason-Dixon line is a vast social wasteland where tumbleweeds and coyotes reign. We have listened to Barry stand in front of crowds and state that "he has a pen and a telephone." We concur. We have the ability to basically ignore you and we are. As you clamor for new social programs (Obamacare for example) we pass laws that remove us from such entanglements. As you enact executive orders to restrict rights specifically guaranteed by the Constitution (2nd Amendment), we pass laws to protect those rights or basically ignore them (as we did with the large capacity magazines). Your arguments for more 'social programs' just doesn't resonate in a place where you can drive for 100 miles in any direction before you hit a town of 50,000 or more. Personal reliability isn't a catchy phrase here, it's what keeps you alive.

And just for your edification. Outside of Lubbock, Texas every year is a 'Festival of the South' gathering where every year Hank Williams Jr. headlines. It never is really advertised. Last year, they had the largest gathering ever recorded. 90,000+ people packed a pasture and listened to Hank sing. You know Hank, the one that (like Limbaugh) was supposed to disappear into obscurity last year because he violated your 'progressive' sensibilities? Over 300,000 people attended the five day event. There's enough Pabst Blue Ribbon beer to float a battleship.

If you had the intelligence to discuss the reasons why A.P. Hill failed to dislodge Chamberlain on the summit of Little Round Top, that would be one thing. But you don't. You just want to shriek and whine and point your boney little finger and complain.

Happy Birthday General Lee...

If it is the swastiska used by the Nazis, all good persons condemn it right along with the stars and bars.

When the icon of hope and affirmation is used appropriately, then no one can condemn it.

When it is associated with folks like Swagger, well, you have your answer.

And the stars and bars can never be a symbol other than blood, slavery, and oppression.

Along with Rome's Eagle Standards, America's Stars & Stripes and the Soviet Union's Sickle & Hammer. Furthermore, you can buy t-shirts all over the world with the world's most brutal and oppressive empire's flag emblazoned across them: Britain's Union Flag, yet no-one bats an eyelid.

Forum List

Back