Catholic Bishops Oppose Compromise on Birth-Control

What makes all this morons think they can speak for the Catholic Church?

I mean I have never said what my religion actually is on any forum, and I probably never will, because it is my personal business, But I know that generically this was a massive screw up on the part of Obama and that the churches will not easily forget it. And it won't be just the Catholics.

But you Obamabots keep on believing the garbage....

What makes all this morons think they can speak for the Catholic Church?

I mean I have never said what my religion actually is on any forum, and I probably never will, because it is my personal business, But I know that generically this was a massive screw up on the part of Obama and that the churches will not easily forget it. And it won't be just the Catholics.

But you Obamabots keep on believing the garbage....

It's already gone waaaay past just the Catholic Church, Sarge. Thousands of Churches support the Catholic Church on this... and some are not Christian Churches. Muslim groups, Jewish groups... and a lot of Christian ones that are not traditionally overly friendly with the Catholic Church.

This might have worked.... if it was gonna fly... but the Catholic Church is not considered 'extremist' by rational people... and he cannot condemn the whole of the Christian Churches across the USA. Because they have backing of the other faiths in this.

But please do keep clutching at that straw... seriously... it might save you from drowning. :lol:

You're not even in the US, what the fuck would you know what people think about this?

She isn't in the U.S.?

Thread ain't about me.

Seems they need to clean up their own backyard and let contraceptives prevent abortions.

You'd think that they'd approve of birth control on those grounds, as it WOULD prevent abortions.

But with these radical "personhood" idiots who say that a zygote is a human, what else do you expect?

hey you stupid person.. we approve of birth control especially for ewe, we just don't want to pay for it,, pay for your own damn birth control capiche?

Catholic Bishops Oppose Compromise on Birth-Control

I guess that "fucking little boys in the butt" form of birth control was a failure.

If it was a failure, then why does the Catholic church still practice it?

Because brain washed catholics cannot look objectively and honestly at thier religion?

They are more concerned about thier own damnation by exposing the vile nature of keeping secrets to protect the keepers of gods words.

If the vaitcan had it's way the average catholic wouldn't even have bibles to read. All power to the pope..all knowledge comes from rome.

its a matter of faith, those that don't like what their religion has come to espouse or practice can step away any time they wish, you do realize that right? so your argument is kind of lame....ever heard of martin luther?

This is good for the president. It puts him on the right side of the issue at every level,

birth control in general, making birth control available, and being the one willing to compromise vs. some scary extremists in the bowels of the Catholic church hierarchy.

birth control has always been available so your "he can walk on water" argument fails again. pay for your own damn birth control idiot.

This is good for the president. It puts him on the right side of the issue at every level,

birth control in general, making birth control available, and being the one willing to compromise vs. some scary extremists in the bowels of the Catholic church hierarchy.

This might have worked.... if it was gonna fly... but the Catholic Church is not considered 'extremist' by rational people... and he cannot condemn the whole of the Christian Churches across the USA. Because they have backing of the other faiths in this.

But please do keep clutching at that straw... seriously... it might save you from drowning. :lol:

You're not even in the US, what the fuck would you know what people think about this?

omg! did you actually say that? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Obama's probably wandering around the Oval Office, muttering and cursing, and sobbing on the BlackBerry to Biden.

I wonder if Biden will say 'told ya so' to him? LOL

Nope. Obama just split the bishops from the Catholic Health Assn or will they say that a nun has no say in church matters, like they did here when then overruled St. Joe's hospital here in Phoenix.

Now Obama has exposed the bishops and put them on the defensive, watch what happens.

And.....i cannot believe i am sticking up for the church!!! I swear i have got to be running a fervor or something...

Who are you! What did you do with Syrenn! How much for you to return her unharmed?

:eek:

And.....i cannot believe i am sticking up for the church!!! I swear i have got to be running a fervor or something...

Who are you! What did you do with Syrenn! How much for you to return her unharmed?

:eek:

Well, let's just consider this for a minute before we send in SEAL 6 to rescue Sy... this new one.... perhaps it's a Sy 2.0... a new and improved version? Do we really want the old one back? :lol:

New and Improved??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

:eusa_whistle:

I have no response to that.........

We need a litmus test. :huddle:

omg! did you actually say that? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yea, he really did. :lol::lol::lol:

You know, this really isn't about the Catholic church. It's about the first amendment. You either support it or you make excuses to break it......

Can't get much simpler than that.....

You know, this really isn't about the Catholic church. It's about the first amendment. You either support it or you make excuses to break it......

Yep, that's what the Churches say. Absolutely an over reach by government on the 'free exercise thereof'. This is our right and we will have it. We ain't asking. We tellin'.

they saw thru it naturally....and the actual entity that picks up the check, since when has that mattered to the gov.?...we all know who that will be in the end...

* FEBRUARY 11, 2012, 1:17 P.M. ET

Catholic Bishops Oppose Compromise on Birth-Control Insurance

Catholic bishops said Friday night that they would not support the Obama administration's proposed compromise on a controversial rule that requires most employers to fully cover contraception in their workers' health plans.

The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, which had led opposition to the regulation, issued a statement saying that they didn't believe their concerns were addressed by a new policy offered by President Barack Obama on Friday morning to allow religious employers who object to the use of birth control to turn over responsibility for covering it to insurance companies.

Under the new policy, religious employers that don't want to offer contraception could exclude it from their policies. Insurance companies instead would be required to provide access to contraception for plan participants who wanted it, without explicitly charging either the religious employer or worker.

The shift is intended to ensure that women working at religious hospitals, schools and charities who want to use contraception can obtain it in the same way as women who work for secular employers. It also means the cost of providing the coverage for those women is likely to be spread across all policyholders by insurers.

The bishops had earlier expressed cautious optimism about the announcement, saying that it was "a first step in the right direction" but that they would have to study it.

In their later statement, they said they still had "serious moral concerns," noting that the proposal didn't contain provisions for religious employers who self-insure, meaning the employer takes on the underlying risk of covering employees' health care.

The bishops also said that the current structure of the proposal meant that if an employee and insurer agreed to add contraception coverage to a health plan, it would still be financed in the same way as the rest of the coverage offered by the employer.

"These changes require careful moral analysis, and moreover, appear subject to some measure of change. But we note at the outset that the lack of clear protection... is unacceptable and must be corrected," the statement said.

more at-
Catholic Bishops Oppose Obama Compromise on Birth-Control Insurance - WSJ.com
Since 98-percent of the sexual active Catholic women us birth control, I think the only real opposition are the bishops and anti-Obama forces.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 99 percent of sexually-active women use birth control, including 98-percent of Catholic women.

Only 2% of Catholic women rely on natural family
planning; even among Catholic women who attend
church once a month or more, only 2% rely on this
method (not shown). Sixty-eight percent of Catholic
women use highly effective methods: sterilization
(32%, including 24% using female sterilization,) the
pill or another hormonal method (31%) and the IUD
(5%).

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/Religion-and-Contraceptive-Use.pdf

The Federal Government said poligamy was illegal. Why was that ok?

Forum List

Back