Catholic Bishops Oppose Compromise on Birth-Control

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
they saw thru it naturally....and the actual entity that picks up the check, since when has that mattered to the gov.?...we all know who that will be in the end...

* FEBRUARY 11, 2012, 1:17 P.M. ET

Catholic Bishops Oppose Compromise on Birth-Control Insurance

Catholic bishops said Friday night that they would not support the Obama administration's proposed compromise on a controversial rule that requires most employers to fully cover contraception in their workers' health plans.

The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, which had led opposition to the regulation, issued a statement saying that they didn't believe their concerns were addressed by a new policy offered by President Barack Obama on Friday morning to allow religious employers who object to the use of birth control to turn over responsibility for covering it to insurance companies.

Under the new policy, religious employers that don't want to offer contraception could exclude it from their policies. Insurance companies instead would be required to provide access to contraception for plan participants who wanted it, without explicitly charging either the religious employer or worker.

The shift is intended to ensure that women working at religious hospitals, schools and charities who want to use contraception can obtain it in the same way as women who work for secular employers. It also means the cost of providing the coverage for those women is likely to be spread across all policyholders by insurers.

The bishops had earlier expressed cautious optimism about the announcement, saying that it was "a first step in the right direction" but that they would have to study it.

In their later statement, they said they still had "serious moral concerns," noting that the proposal didn't contain provisions for religious employers who self-insure, meaning the employer takes on the underlying risk of covering employees' health care.

The bishops also said that the current structure of the proposal meant that if an employee and insurer agreed to add contraception coverage to a health plan, it would still be financed in the same way as the rest of the coverage offered by the employer.

"These changes require careful moral analysis, and moreover, appear subject to some measure of change. But we note at the outset that the lack of clear protection... is unacceptable and must be corrected," the statement said.

more at-
Catholic Bishops Oppose Obama Compromise on Birth-Control Insurance - WSJ.com

And.....i cannot believe i am sticking up for the church!!! I swear i have got to be running a fervor or something...

Good for the bishops!

Absolutely if you can't stand up for your principles what are you? The Catholic Church was with Obama on Obama care now they see that was a mistake...

BishopMartinHolley63027-300x288.jpg

Three years ago the nation’s Catholic bishops followed their tired old “we can’t get involved in politics” 501 (C3) inspired rule of not saying anything political. They feared the loss of the Church’s tax exemption- as if ANY administration even a Democrat administration would have the nerve to take it away.

The Catholic bishops watched Obama and Democrats not only campaign, but solicit and accept money inside Black Baptist Churches and said nothing.

They watched more than half of their folk vote for a man they knew in their hearts would someday turn his venomous hatred for Christianity on the Catholic Church.

Two years ago the nation’s Catholic Bishops stood by and watched as demented nuns and phony “Catholic” philosophers told us Obamacare was actually a pro-life bill. They refused to excommunicate lying Catholic politicians who publicly “cooperated” with the evil of abortion.

Now, finally the Bishops have come up fighting and identified Obamacare as a serious threat to Catholic religious freedoms

Catholic Bishops Fight Back Against Obama's Contraception Mandate | Western Journalism.com

Wow. I am completely not shocked.

*Ponders dancing around the forum singing 'told ya so, told ya so, told ya so' but decides against it.*

:lmao:

Seems they need to clean up their own backyard and let contraceptives prevent abortions.

You'd think that they'd approve of birth control on those grounds, as it WOULD prevent abortions.

But with these radical "personhood" idiots who say that a zygote is a human, what else do you expect?

Seems they need to clean up their own backyard and let contraceptives prevent abortions.

You'd think that they'd approve of birth control on those grounds, as it WOULD prevent abortions.

But with these radical "personhood" idiots who say that a zygote is a human, what else do you expect?

What you think the Church should be or not be is irrelevant.

Reading comprehension Cali Twit.......apparently that's a foreign concept to you as I didn't say anything about what the church should or shouldn't be.

As usual, your posts lack anything of substance, just lame ass insults and bullshit.

Obama's probably wandering around the Oval Office, muttering and cursing, and sobbing on the BlackBerry to Biden.

I wonder if Biden will say 'told ya so' to him? LOL

question;you do realize how simple and cheap it is to acquire or practice birth control....right?

Reading comprehension Cali Twit.......apparently that's a foreign concept to you as I didn't say anything about what the church should or shouldn't be.

As usual, your posts lack anything of substance, just lame ass insults and bullshit.

demotivational-posters-oh-my-bad1.jpg

Obama's probably wandering around the Oval Office, muttering and cursing, and sobbing on the BlackBerry to Biden.

I wonder if Biden will say 'told ya so' to him? LOL

ha...he should, one of the times biden was spot on.

Had to happen sooner or later. Law of averages and all that. :lol:

I am so proud of my Church. Way to stand up for religious liberty Bishops! YAY! Go Team God!

Forum List

Back