Caterpillar shuts plant in Aurora, Illinois, that employs 800

Trump fail

Not exactly making America great
This has nothing to do with Trump. They have been having troubles for awhile now, even though they pretended like they werent in order to keep their stock price high.

CAT is one of my companies biggest customers. This stuff always worries me, but i texted the article to our CEO a minute ago and he assures me it wont hurt us.

How are those Cat jobs and factories doing over in Russia?

Caterpillar to start producing excavators in Russia | Reuters
www.reuters.com/article/caterpillar-russia-idUSN1164323720080312
Mar 11, 2008 - The plant, near St. Petersburg, currently makes parts that are exported to Caterpillar plants in Western Europe. The announcement came as ...

Obama's watch
Caterpillar has been operating in Russia for 102 years. Your Obama hate has rusted your brain.

/--- OK Sparky, let's do the math. US created 227,000 jobs in January, vs 175,000 jobs expected
www.cnbc.com/2017/02/03/us-nonfarm-payrolls-jan-2017.html So 227,000 - 150 = 226,850 jobs created. Happy now?

Most of those jobs were already planned before Trump was elected. Obama was given 800,000 jobs per month job loss, and turned it into 75 months of continuous job increases. There hasn't been enough time for anything Trump has done to effect job growth.
/---- Another Lib lie. Actually Obozo lost jobs. Obama's Record on Manufacturing Jobs - FactCheck.org

Yes. There were a lot of jobs lost at the first of his presidency until his programs started reversing the crash he inherited. It took about a year to stop the free fall and reverse things. Perhaps this graph from your link will help you understand what happened.
BLS_manufacturing_employment.png
/---- Top Ex-White House Economist Admits 94% Of All New Jobs Under Obama Were Part-Time Top Ex-White House Economist Admits 94% Of All New Jobs Under Obama Were Part-Time | Zero Hedge

Like I already said, Trump hasn't been in office long enough to have an effect on jobs. If there were part time jobs before, the ones this month will still be about the same percentage of part time jobs.

lol just saying silly shit doesn't make it true

Trump owned the job market as soon as he decided he wanted to take credit for a PR move by some firm in indiana.

Any obfuscation with "he hasn't been in office long enough" is fucking laughable

Only vapid white trash buy that, look at the polls. Welcome to politics, where what you and your associates say matters.

How are those Cat jobs and factories doing over in Russia?

Caterpillar to start producing excavators in Russia | Reuters
www.reuters.com/article/caterpillar-russia-idUSN1164323720080312
Mar 11, 2008 - The plant, near St. Petersburg, currently makes parts that are exported to Caterpillar plants in Western Europe. The announcement came as ...

Obama's watch
Caterpillar has been operating in Russia for 102 years. Your Obama hate has rusted your brain.

sold

>>Since March 2000, Caterpillar has operated a fully-owned production facility in Tosno<<

Another drumpf failure.

A number of very large well known retailers are on the verge of going out of business which will put tens of thousands out of work.

Where's Lying Donald?

You guys are idiots... Ever hear of the internet and Amazon?

With cat they have been trying to get out of that high tax shit hole of Illinois for years...

Good grief learn about news and politics before you post.

By the way welcome back we all thought you committed suicide back in November ....

When will Trump bring his manufacturing to the US?

What manufacturing does he own? Jesus you could have at least said something relevant like his kids winery asking for H1 visas to employ immigrants out of the country to pick grapes

What manufacturing does he own? Jesus you could have at least said something relevant like his kids winery asking for H1 visas to employ immigrants out of the country to pick grapes

OMG, I guess the Alt-Right didn't tell you folks.

Tell me what? I March to my own drum
You really should read & watch the news.

Trumps does not manufacturer their brand and the companies they do will leave rather than make products in the US.
Only a few places in the US raise silk worms. Most silk is still from China and India.
Ties made in the US are mostly satin not silk and lesser quality.

Ivanka can have her products made where she wants. She might be helping her father but she is not getting a government salary and her brand is in trust for now.

MAGA items are made in the US

OMG, I guess the Alt-Right didn't tell you folks.

Tell me what? I March to my own drum
You really should read & watch the news.

More then you ever will.

winery has only been open since 2011 and is Eric's business, not POTUS

What that's your excuse I thought Eric and his dad is close, why would trump say hire American hire American workers?

Ya think he could raise wages and find at least legal Mexicans already here to pick his damn grapes.

Caterpillar Inc (CAT.N) said on Friday it will shut its Aurora, Illinois, plant, costing about 800 employees their jobs as the world's largest construction and mining equipment maker shifts production to other U.S. facilities.

Caterpillar was among companies that met with President Donald Trump in February to talk about job creation, at a time when about 2,300 U.S. workers at five major manufacturing companies stand to lose their jobs within the next two years as a result of offshoring.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-caterpillar-restructuring-idUSKBN17332M
Agent Orange has been informed, will stop this travesty after that daily meeting with his defense attorneys

first things first

Good, more jobs moved to Texas.

winery has only been open since 2011 and is Eric's business, not POTUS

What that's your excuse I thought Eric and his dad is close, why would trump say hire American hire American workers?

Ya think he could raise wages and find at least legal Mexicans already here to pick his damn grapes.

If you have your own business, does that mean you have to do what you father says about every decision?

H-2A Temporary Agricultural Workers | USCIS

It was for 29 workers only

Farmers Wait, And Wait, For Guest Workers Amid H-2A Visa Delays ...
www.npr.org/sections/.../farmers-wait-and-wait-for-guest-workers-amid-h-2a-visa-delay...
May 28, 2016 - For the third year in a row, the H-2A visa program is running behind. That's left farmers waiting for planters and pickers even as the harvest ...
H2A Agricultural Program - LaborQuest USA
www.laborquest.com/h2a.html
Acquiring h2a work visas for employment authorization in the US. ... a day and be reimbursed by workers for the cost up to federally specified limits per day.
[PDF]Fact Sheet #26: Section H-2A of the Immigration and Nationality Act ...
https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs26.pdf
employment of U.S. workers by an employer of H-2A workers in any work ... No later than the time at which an H-2A worker applies for a visa and no later than ... Housing: Employers must provide housing at no cost to H-2Aworkers and to ...

Most wineries use migrant workers.

Trump winery has had trouble getting americans to work during the season which is why they have applied for migrants.

Last edited:
Caterpillar Inc (CAT.N) said on Friday it will shut its Aurora, Illinois, plant, costing about 800 employees their jobs as the world's largest construction and mining equipment maker shifts production to other U.S. facilities.

Caterpillar was among companies that met with President Donald Trump in February to talk about job creation, at a time when about 2,300 U.S. workers at five major manufacturing companies stand to lose their jobs within the next two years as a result of offshoring.

Agent Orange has been informed, will stop this travesty after that daily meeting with his defense attorneys

first things first
/---- What you neglected to mention: "Out of about 800 production positions, about 500 positions would likely be added to Decatur and about 150 positions would be added in North Little Rock," Caterpillar spokeswoman Lisa Miller told Reuters.

And about 150 workers will be shit canned. Thanks a lot Trump.
Could you explain what that has to do with Trump?????

I think you have a very serious case of a mental illness known as TDS.

He claims credit for every new job he hears about, even if they were planned long before he was in office. He can't have it both ways. Those jobs are lost on his watch.
Can't help but wonder how many jobs were lost in the coal industry due to Obama and progressive nutjobs? Kind of redundant, Obama and nutjob are synonymous.

Forum List

Back