Costco Co-Founder said that Obama is better for Business.

nitroz

INDEPENDENTly ruthless
May 18, 2011
Merritt Island, FL
Costco Founder Says Obama Better for Business Than Romney - Bloomberg

President Barack Obama’s re-election will be better for businesses than a country led by Mitt Romney, Jim Sinegal, co-founder of Costco Wholesale Corp. (COST), said during a speech at the Democratic National Convention.

Companies need “a president who takes the long view and makes the tough decisions,” said Sinegal, who remained on the board of the largest U.S. warehouse-club chain after retiring as its chief executive officer in January. “That’s why I am here tonight supporting President Obama, a president making an economy built to last.”

Sunstein Discuss Obama Adminstration Regulations
50:51

Sept. 5 (Bloomberg) -- Cass Sunstein, former head of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs at the White House, talks about regulations enacted by the Obama administration. He speaks with Norman Pearlstine, Bloomberg News chief content officer, at a Bloomberg Government event at the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, North Carolina. (Sunstein is a Bloomberg View columnist. The opinions expressed are his own. Source: Bloomberg)

Creating an environment to spur job creation has been a key issue in the campaign as the president’s supporters criticize Bain Capital Partners LLC, the private-equity firm founded by Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, for investing in companies that cut jobs or went bankrupt. Republicans have blamed Obama for an unemployment rate above 8 percent since 2009.

Sinegal’s comments came after Tom Stemberg, co-founder of retailer Staples Inc. (SPLS), lauded Romney last week at the Republican National Convention for helping start the largest U.S. office- supply chain when he was chief executive officer of Bain Capital. He also criticized an Obama administration “that can’t create any jobs.”

“When it comes to jobs, new businesses, and economic growth, they just don’t get it,” Stemberg said in a speech on Aug. 30. The White House is “demonizing” Romney and Bain Capital, the private-equity firm that was an early investor in Staples, he said.

Romney, who also served on Staples’ board, has said that he helped create more than 100,000 jobs while he worked at Bain Capital. Staples, founded in 1985, employs about 88,000 people today.
Carmax Co-Founder

Austin Ligon, the co-founder and former CEO of Carmax Inc. (KMX), also pledged his support for Obama in a speech.

“President Obama understands what it takes to spark economic growth, because I have seen him in action,” said Ligon, who left Carmax, operator of more than 100 used-car outlets, in 2006. “He inherited a massive structural deficit from his Republican predecessor, an economy in free-fall, and, most important for me personally, an auto industry on the verge of collapse. The president’s decisive action led to the rapid and successful restructuring of two of America’s largest companies, GM (GM) and Chrysler.”

Obama will help businesses succeed by investing in education, transportation and affordable energy while pursuing “sensible immigration laws,” said Sinegal, who hosted a fundraiser for Obama in July.

“In Tampa last week, we heard all about job creators, but at our company, we recognize that job creation requires time and investment and commitment to the long term,” Sinegal said. “It requires companies that plant and grow, not executives who reap and run. That’s how we do our part to build an economy that lasts.”

Bolded and underlined quotes for those who refuse to read and spam -rep instead, to compensate for their stupidity.

President Barack Obama’s re-election will be better for businesses than a country led by Mitt Romney, Jim Sinegal, co-founder of Costco Wholesale Corp. (COST), said during a speech at the Democratic National Convention.

Bernie Madoff is also a good loyal Democrat and an Obama supporter.

Madoff is in jail, where he belongs and is of no concern anymore since he has no place in todays economics, business, and politics. He committed crimes due to his decisions and he is paying for those crimes.

Madoff is nothing more than a quickly thought distraction to influence an argument.

Bernie Madoff is also a good loyal Democrat and an Obama supporter.

Madoff is in jail, where he belongs and is of no concern anymore since he has no place in todays economics, business, and politics. He committed crimes due to his decisions and he is paying for those crimes.

Madoff is nothing more than a quickly thought distraction to influence an argument.

Didnt Madoff get a large percentage in West Virginia...oh wait that was a no name in jail.....

He's probably right. The more poor people there are, the more that will go to stores like Costco to save money and buy in bulk.

Costco is bulk wholesale who doesn't make profits on their items.
I work at BJ's Wholesale, which is pretty much exactly like costco wholesale. We cater to consumers and small businesses. Our profit comes from membership rates, and only membership rates. By law, we can sell tax exempt items to small businesses. They buy tons of items, gas, tobacco, liquor, alcohol, wine, etc from us at the prices that our corporation bought them. And they don't get charged tax on their purchases!

So think again before saying stuff like that, because I work at an exactly same place.

He's probably right. The more poor people there are, the more that will go to stores like Costco to save money and buy in bulk.

I work at BJ's Wholesale, which is pretty much exactly like costco wholesale. We cater to consumers and small businesses. Our profit comes from membership rates, and only membership rates. By law, we can sell tax exempt items to small businesses. They buy tons of items, gas, tobacco, liquor, alcohol, wine, etc from us at the prices that our corporation bought them. And they don't get charged tax on their purchases!

So think again before saying stuff like that, because I work at an exactly same place.

You're actually aiding my claim. Thanks

does costco accept food stamps if they do then I guess the ceo would want barry reelected

idk if they do, but where I work does.
But it's very rare to have someone use them because they would need to shell out $$$ to join in the first place. (Which they cannot pay for using government or financial aid in any sort)

You're actually aiding my claim. Thanks

So you are saying that small businesses being able to thrive, providing more economical opportunity for others is bad for the economy?

You gotta admire the left. They found a single CEO that doesn't hate the democrat party. Left coast based Costco CEO Jim Sinegal retired last December so he has nothing to lose personally. Who knows what the Hussein administration promised him for a shot at the spotlight..

You gotta admire the left. They found a single CEO that doesn't hate the democrat party. Left coast based Costco CEO Jim Sinegal retired last December so he has nothing to lose personally. Who knows what the Hussein administration promised him for a shot at the spotlight..

Look at the other bold and underlined part of the op, on the bottom.

Forum List

Back