Caterpillar is Closing Shop IN ILLINOIS!!!

Well Caterpillar leaving Peoria would have a devastating impact on the community of Peoria. They might move to the Quad Cities area.

But what makes them so special that they shouldn't pay taxes? Everybody pays taxes. The Corporate tax rate will go down. But come on. I mean roads have to be paved, streets have to be plowed. I bet Caterpiller has benefited from Tax breaks more than they actually paid in taxes. Now the gravy train stops and they are bitching about it.

Cry me a river.

Roads are paved with fuel taxes and roads are plowed by local municipalities probably coming from city sales tax and property taxes. If Catipillar doesn't pay their taxes the roads will still be there and plowed.

If your going to use first grade talking points then you better go over to the democratic underground.

Well Caterpillar leaving Peoria would have a devastating impact on the community of Peoria. They might move to the Quad Cities area.

But what makes them so special that they shouldn't pay taxes? Everybody pays taxes. The Corporate tax rate will go down. But come on. I mean roads have to be paved, streets have to be plowed. I bet Caterpiller has benefited from Tax breaks more than they actually paid in taxes. Now the gravy train stops and they are bitching about it.

Cry me a river.
Any link or documentation for that?

Cry me a river.
i

Of course not! He tried pulling the " how will the roads get built" line. Amateur shit right there.

Cry me a river.
i

Of course not! He tried pulling the " how will the roads get built" line. Amateur shit right there.

Ha! You see it with every corporation. They know how to get write-offs on everything. I swear if for 2 years we taxed Corporations and rich people the fair amount, our debt would be paid off.

But you know like Teachers who teach their children or the Civic Centers in which they hold events that they can sponsor. Or the police service that protects their neighborhoods. Or the fire department that comes at gets you from a wreck.

But yeah HORRIBLE GOVERNMENT!!!!

Geez....listen to all of you "experts" on Illinois.

First......Even with the recent tax increase Illinois is still lower than may, if not most states. It's middle of the road as far as income tax goes.

Illinois Income Tax Increase: Legislature Approves 66% Tax Hike

The rate increase might be the biggest any state has adopted in percentage terms while grappling with recent economic woes. Nevertheless, Illinois' tax rate would remain lower than in several other states in the region.

Go ahead. See how your state compares......

http://www.taxadmin.org/fta/rate/ind_inc.pdf

Second....Since CAT broke the union the average starting wage is around $12 an hour and NO BENEFITS. If they move elsewhere just how much will they pay YOUR citizens? $10 an hour? Of course, "Tennessee Jim-Bob" down to the trailer park will probably be thrilled with $10 an hour.

So don't make more of this than what's there.

ILLINOIS 5.%

MINNESOTA (a) 5.3%

NORTH CAROLINA 6.%

OREGON (a) 5.%

UTAH 5.%

Only 2 in the nation have higher taxes. You should read your own links. That shit you got from huff poo made you look like an idiot.

Not that you needed the help, but damn dood, you linked up proof that you were wrong and huffpoo lied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I really shouldn't post late at night.

It appears I was
*gasp*
I was
*choke*
*hack*
*coughwrongcough*

Looks like da goose got cooked. As Huxley would say, he classified himself as an Epsilon Semi-Moron.

Cat will do what every huge, smart corporation has done in the past 20 years:

Reincorporate in Delaware, then move all production out of the country.

This has been coming for some time. They pretty much told Obama during the stimulus that they were out of here, and raising taxes while the economy is still in the tank isn't helping a company who builds stuff that builds stuff.

When no one is building, they don't need to rent an excavator. And when no one is renting an excavator, raising the taxes on the company who owns and builds the excavator creates the scenario where they discover Delaware, and then Cost Rica.

Last edited:

Cry me a river.

This is the result of your tax and spend idiocy.

we warned you that biz would move, but you didn't listen and now Il is crying.

You people never learn

Cry me a river.

This is the result of your tax and spend idiocy.

we warned you that biz would move, but you didn't listen and now Il is crying.

You people never learn
It is absolutely a truism that when it comes to policy (like tax policy) liberals fail to take into account incentives; they do not understand human nature and competiveness, or their denial is a device to minimize the application of common sense. I think that failure to clearly see inevitable outcomes rises from their certainty of managing events in the public mind, to then just patch things up with new fixes, mostly because they own the press. Hence their hatred for Fox News, right wing pundits, and think tanks.

Last edited:
So we're experiencing a "race to the bottom" with tax rates and other business climate indicators it seems like.

Alabama, which has a pretty great business climate (but not the most amazing work force), is getting more and more industry to move here.

So one state changes its tax rate to be competitive...then another does...then another does...there's nothing wrong with that, per se, as economies have to shrink and expand and test the limits...in an attempt to be as efficient as possible. The problem comes when you realize how much of society is propped up with tax money. School lunches, old people's medicare, etc etc.

The equilibrium of the economy is going to be an interesting thing to behold.

My state has ZERO State Income Tax.. ZERO.. Next!

And that state would be.....

Just what I thought. No answer. Where in the hell are all these supposed Illinois experts? Hiding now?

Your link is through January, where IL was #13, before the raise went into effect. Alas your chart doesn't mention sales taxes, property taxes, fuel taxes, land sales stamps required for sale of property, etc....

chrtsrv.dll

About ONE YEAR, double price.

Whatever CAT is doing seems to be right

Yep. They did it by breaking the union, reducing the workforce, cut employee wages and benefits in half, doubled what retirees have to pay in health care (the most vulnerable) and farmed a lot of their work overseas all while turning in record profits. They're a GOP wet dream.

Do you STILL think they're a GREAT company?? :lol:

Yep. A company's role is to make profit. It's role is not to be a nanny for a worker throughout that workers entire life.

So you admit breaking up unions are a way to profit more. So....wouldnt it be responsible behavior for a government to break gov't employee unions, so that the taxpayers are getting more bang for their buck? I say yes.

Wrong Bucs, I like to work for a company that never makes money and never turns a profit! Because when a company doesn't make any profits they can aford to give me perks like a salary, 401K match etc! LOL, Goose has shown to us everything we need to know about Union members. They are usually communist leaning at heart!

So, Catipillar stays in Illinois all of these years reaping the benefits of being in that state. And now, when the state needs Catipillar, they threaten to run away.

Not just corporations, which have a responsibility to stockholders, but also individuals. My last pay stub, covered 3/1-3/15:

Earnings: 880.00
Teachers health Ins Services, (I don't qualify for benefits, just deductions) -7.74
Teachers Retirement system (Right now I qualify for about $50 mo) -88.72
Teacher Medicare -12.76
IL Income Tax -35.31
Fed Income Tax -64.43

So I net 677.06 out of 880.

No health care. Don't qualify for food stamps. Go figure. I'd much rather deal with the smaller government, no handouts type of thinking.

You forgot to add that Illinois & especially the Chicago area has some of the nations highest sales taxes. Illinois ranks at the top of the most state & local taxes.

Cook County, the by far largest and most populated county in Chicago has a sales tax of 10% and 12% on prepared foods (going to restaurants). We have the 3rd highest gas tax. We have some of the highest property taxes, liquor and utility taxes in the entire country. It's sick how they tax us.

NOW, we are set to tax internet sales for IL companies. Basically, right now when you buy something on the internet there isn't sales tax. However, if the company has ties to IL (brick and mortar stores or HAS EMPLOYEES OR FACTORIES IN STATE), then they pay or must charge the ridiculously high IL sales tax. This puts them at a competitive disdvantage to every out of state online retailer!

Rambo, now the Chicago Mayor, is talking about extending the sales tax to services, such as dog groomers and maid serves! WTF, can they stop nickle and diming us. And the scary part is Rahm was heads and tails better than any of the other Chicago Mayor candidates (one retard actually campaigned on raising the Chicago minimum wage to $12!!! Fucking moron!).

I grew up in Geneva(not Lake Geneva) and moved a few years ago. The only thing I miss is fishing in the Fox, Portillo's, and italian beef with peppers and mozzarella... yummmm!

I was paying $4800 a year in property taxes in IL, and when I moved to CO I am paying $1600 a year for a house worth the same amount of money on more land.

$4,800 sounds good to me. I brought my house for $340K (new construction). Real Estate buddies of mine say its worth now between $240K and $250K, however, the IL assessors put it at $340K my purchase price. My taxes in Cook County no less (lowest of all the IL counties) is $6,100, its highway robbery.

I grew up in Geneva(not Lake Geneva) and moved a few years ago. The only thing I miss is fishing in the Fox, Portillo's, and italian beef with peppers and mozzarella... yummmm!

I was paying $4800 a year in property taxes in IL, and when I moved to CO I am paying $1600 a year for a house worth the same amount of money on more land.

$4,800 sounds good to me. I brought my house for $340K (new construction). Real Estate buddies of mine say its worth now between $240K and $250K, however, the IL assessors put it at $340K my purchase price. My taxes in Cook County no less (lowest of all the IL counties) is $6,100, its highway robbery.

When my wife and I lived in CA we paid 2,400 in prop taxes on a 1000 SF condo. We moved to NV and our taxes are around 3000 for a 3300 SF house on quite a few acres.

It's like night and day.

Caterpillar is Closing Shop IN ILLINOIS!!!

SPRINGFIELD -- The chairman and CEO of Peoria-based Caterpillar Inc. is raising the specter of moving the heavy equipment maker out of Illinois.

323.png

You need to consider campaigning for Frig Newton Gingrich.

Consistency is NEVER an issue, for him!

You'd be a SHOO-in!!!!

You sooooooooooo need to move from there. At least move from the city to the far western suburbs.

I remember working on some refrigeration equipment on the roof of a Dominicks at 71st and Jeffery and there were fucking bullet holes in the compressor room. I wuz the only cracka in town....:eusa_shhh:

I am grew up in the burbs and am raising my family in the burbs. I went to college in AZ and I should never have left!

Portillo's! Mmmmm, sort of redundant to put them and Italian Beef Sandwiches in same sentence. Actually everything they make is scrumptious. If I hadn't planned lunch for my kids today, think I'd go there.

I am grew up in the burbs and am raising my family in the burbs. I went to college in AZ and I should never have left!

Portillo's! Mmmmm, sort of redundant to put them and Italian Beef Sandwiches in same sentence. Actually everything they make is scrumptious. If I hadn't planned lunch for my kids today, think I'd go there.

There Italian Beefs are the best. I love their chop salad. There fries and pasta are great also. They also have the most efficient drive through system on the planet (no understatement there).

Interestin note about them: They are a privately held company and their founder was a Mexican!

how many times must I answer?

How about once? What state do you live in?

off hand I would say it's none of your fucking business asshole

Since you are to fucking dumb to get it through you thick skull that she's not sharing her privacy.

how many times must I answer?

How about once? What state do you live in?

How about just once you send me a PM with your ATM card #, exp date, and your full name.

P.S. Don't forget the 3 little numbers on the back of the card........

You guys missed the point. (why am I not surprised?) She had great fun poking fun at my state of Illinois (which is listed in my location) but she must be too ashamed to say where SHE'S from. I'm guessing it must be a dandy!!

AGAIN....Since CAT broke the union the average starting wage is around $12 an hour and NO BENEFITS. If they move elsewhere just how much will they pay YOUR citizens? $10 an hour? Of course, "Tennessee Jim-Bob" down to the trailer park will probably be thrilled with $10 an hour. I'll bet most of you wouldn't stand in line for those jobs.

Forum List

Back