Carson on supporting a Muslin for President: How is he wrong?

Carson then contradicts himself and reveals he does not view the Legislative branch as being an equal power to the Executive:

CHUCK TODD: And would you ever consider voting for a Muslim for Congress?

CARSON: Congress is a different story, but it depends on who that Muslim is and what their policies are, just as it depends on what anybody else says, you know. And, you know, if there's somebody who's of any faith, but they say things, and their life has been consistent with things that will elevate this nation and make it possible for everybody to succeed, and bring peace and harmony, then I'm with them.

Why does that same logic not apply to a President!?!?

Bizarre.
because there are more congressmen than just one . President is just one guy and he heads the gov . Anyway , Carson did good , issue is being talked about out in the open . Maybe people are learning something . TRUMP is doing immigration , Carson is doing the muslim - islam problem . Its all good G5000 !!

In other words... you don't want to give an honest answer.
IMO this country will never elect a Muslim President, and certainly not any time soon. It is a non issue. Made up by the press to as raw meat to feed the base(s) and increase their revenue.
Nothing here changes the fact that you don't want to give an honest answer.
Do you ever get tired of your inane questions?
Inane question?
You believe it is so obvious that Caron is correct in his position that asking someone how he is wrong qualifies as inane?
Fascinating.
Would you really vote for a person who is Muslim and advocates for Shaira Law?
Do you really want gays killed or women not to have any rights?
Not sure why you're asking me.

IMO this country will never elect a Muslim President, and certainly not any time soon. It is a non issue. Made up by the press to as raw meat to feed the base(s) and increase their revenue.
Inane question?
You believe it is so obvious that Caron is correct in his position that asking someone how he is wrong qualifies as inane?
Fascinating.

Because that is what Carson is talking about.

I could never support a candidate for President of the United States that was Muslim and had not renounced the central tenant of Islam: Sharia Law," he wrote. "I know that there are many peaceful Muslims who do not adhere to these beliefs. But until these tenants are fully renounced...I cannot advocate any Muslim candidate for President.

"If someone has a Muslim background and they're willing to reject those tenets and to accept the way of life that we have and clearly will swear to place our Constitution above their religion ... I would then be quite willing to support them," he said.
Carson: I can support a Muslim who denounces Sharia law - CNNPolitics.com

How is he wrong?
Would you take exception to his words had he been talking about Christian fundamentalists?

He takes exactly the opposite view when talking about Christian beliefs that might conflict with the law of the land.

I could never support a candidate for President of the United States that was Muslim and had not renounced the central tenant of Islam: Sharia Law," he wrote. "I know that there are many peaceful Muslims who do not adhere to these beliefs. But until these tenants are fully renounced...I cannot advocate any Muslim candidate for President.

"If someone has a Muslim background and they're willing to reject those tenets and to accept the way of life that we have and clearly will swear to place our Constitution above their religion ... I would then be quite willing to support them," he said.

How is he wrong?
Would you take exception to his words had he been talking about Christian fundamentalists?
Carson is being criticized for what he said this Sunday on Meet the Press.

CHUCK TODD: So do you believe that Islam is consistent with the constitution?

DR. BEN CARSON: No, I don't, I do not.

CHUCK TODD: So you--

DR. BEN CARSON: I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation. I absolutely would not agree with that.

Clearly a wrongheaded and boneheaded thing to say.

Clearly a gotcha question.
Especially since he is not a Career politician.
Anyone with a brain and common sense knows what he meant.
Especially since they were talking about ISIS and he also explained that if it was consistent to the constitution, which Sharia law is not.

Carson is now a career politician. Running for president is the new career he's embarked on.

Inane question?
Fascinating.
Yes. I asked how he was wrong.

How is he wrong?
He takes exactly the opposite view when talking about Christian beliefs that might conflict with the law of the land.
Unsurprisingly, I didn't see your answer.
I'll ask again:
How is he wrong?

look at the Muslim world. Democracy is not a staple of that region because they have no Western tradition of philosophy that dates to ancient Greece. the very idea of civil liberties runs contrary to Islam as a philosophy and faith. No Muslim could follow the Constitution of the United States and still be true to their faith.

How is he wrong?
I'll ask again:
How is he wrong?

He doesn't talk about Christian fundamentalists in the same way so your question is meaningless.

Carson on Kim Davis Case: 'This Is a Judeo-Christian Nation'

look at the Muslim world. Democracy is not a staple of that region because they have no Western tradition of philosophy that dates to ancient Greece. the very idea of civil liberties runs contrary to Islam as a philosophy and faith. No Muslim could follow the Constitution of the United States and still be true to their faith.

Apparently fundamentalist Christians can't follow the constitution either.

How is he wrong?
I'll ask again:
How is he wrong?
He doesn't talk about Christian fundamentalists in the same way so your question is meaningless.
You continue to avoid the question; given your proven record of intellectual dishonesty, I am not surprised.

How was Carson wrong with what he said about supporting/not supporting s Muslim as President?

In what way? You mean founding the country, writing the Declaration of Independence and Constitution?

How is he wrong?
I'll ask again:
How is he wrong?
You continue to avoid the question; given your proven record of intellectual dishonesty, I am not surprised.

How was Carson wrong with what he said about supporting/not supporting s Muslim as President?

I answered your question. He applies a standard to Muslims that he doesn't apply to Christians.

In what way? You mean founding the country, writing the Declaration of Independence and Constitution?

I mean in the Kim Davis way.

I think that 'carson' is correct and his approval is probably rising because of his words . 'sharia' is incompatible with the USA Constitution and Bill of Rights , liberty and freedom . I see no way around that judgement . Course a 'shiria' advocating muslim could legally run and then its up to the voting populace to discriminate as they use their brains .
He didn't mention the word "sharia" on MTP. He's now lying.

Inane question?
Fascinating.
Yes. I asked how he was wrong.

And I explained how he was right.

I think that 'carson' is correct and his approval is probably rising because of his words . 'sharia' is incompatible with the USA Constitution and Bill of Rights , liberty and freedom . I see no way around that judgement . Course a 'shiria' advocating muslim could legally run and then its up to the voting populace to discriminate as they use their brains .
He didn't mention the word "sharia" on MTP. He's now lying.
Sorry... didn't see your answer to the question from the OP.

How is he wrong?

Why didn't he apply his words to all fundamentatlists?

Forum List

Back