Carson on supporting a Muslin for President: How is he wrong?

M14 Shooter

The Light of Truth
Sep 26, 2007
Bridge, USS Enterprise
I could never support a candidate for President of the United States that was Muslim and had not renounced the central tenant of Islam: Sharia Law," he wrote. "I know that there are many peaceful Muslims who do not adhere to these beliefs. But until these tenants are fully renounced...I cannot advocate any Muslim candidate for President.

"If someone has a Muslim background and they're willing to reject those tenets and to accept the way of life that we have and clearly will swear to place our Constitution above their religion ... I would then be quite willing to support them," he said.
Carson: I can support a Muslim who denounces Sharia law - CNNPolitics.com

How is he wrong?
Would you take exception to his words had he been talking about Christian fundamentalists?

I think that 'carson' is correct and his approval is probably rising because of his words . 'sharia' is incompatible with the USA Constitution and Bill of Rights , liberty and freedom . I see no way around that judgement . Course a 'shiria' advocating muslim could legally run and then its up to the voting populace to discriminate as they use their brains .

thankfully , a 'sharia' advocating muslim openly running for USA president is a problem that I probably will never face .

It's a free Country. So far they can't put you in jail for not supporting a muslem for president so what's the problem? Imagine if anybody suggested a Japanese president while FDR was putting them in concentration camps.

Doesn't Sharia Law require homosexuals to be put to death? Shouldn't little details like that be established before Ben Carson is called a bunch a bad names. Oh wait. That's already happened.

I have another question. What does Sharia Law rule regarding clerks who won't give homosexuals marriage licenses?

I could never support a candidate for President of the United States that was Muslim and had not renounced the central tenant of Islam: Sharia Law," he wrote. "I know that there are many peaceful Muslims who do not adhere to these beliefs. But until these tenants are fully renounced...I cannot advocate any Muslim candidate for President.

"If someone has a Muslim background and they're willing to reject those tenets and to accept the way of life that we have and clearly will swear to place our Constitution above their religion ... I would then be quite willing to support them," he said.

How is he wrong?
Would you take exception to his words had he been talking about Christian fundamentalists?
Carson is being criticized for what he said this Sunday on Meet the Press.

CHUCK TODD: So do you believe that Islam is consistent with the constitution?

DR. BEN CARSON: No, I don't, I do not.

CHUCK TODD: So you--

DR. BEN CARSON: I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation. I absolutely would not agree with that.

Clearly a wrongheaded and boneheaded thing to say.

Doesn't Sharia Law require homosexuals to be put to death? Shouldn't little details like that be established before Ben Carson is called a bunch a bad names. Oh wait. That's already happened.

I have another question. What does Sharia Law rule regarding clerks who won't give homosexuals marriage licenses?

Exactly.. Islam kills homos and rape victims and condones the buggery of children.... who would want that shit anywhere near our government? It is at odds with basic civility. And the left routinely defends it... speaks volumes.

How is he wrong?

DR. BEN CARSON: I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation. I absolutely would not agree with that.

No it isn't... he's spot on.... only an idiot would disagree.

Not to mention Islam is a political system... it cannot coexist with another form of government.

Carson then contradicts himself and reveals he does not view the Legislative branch as being an equal power to the Executive:

CHUCK TODD: And would you ever consider voting for a Muslim for Congress?

CARSON: Congress is a different story, but it depends on who that Muslim is and what their policies are, just as it depends on what anybody else says, you know. And, you know, if there's somebody who's of any faith, but they say things, and their life has been consistent with things that will elevate this nation and make it possible for everybody to succeed, and bring peace and harmony, then I'm with them.

Why does that same logic not apply to a President!?!?

Bizarre.

Exactly.. Islam kills homos and rape victims and condones the buggery of children...

Sounds exactly like the Christian Klan.

If a white women was raped by a black man, she was expected to do the right thing and commit suicide.

The question is moot. No Muslim will be elect president in this country for a long, long time.

How is he wrong?

Chuck Todd is a tool…I agree with you…..Ben Carson is on the money.

Exactly.. Islam kills homos and rape victims and condones the buggery of children...

If a white women was raped by a black man, she was expected to do the right thing and commit suicide.

the klan is a democrat organization…..why do you bring the democrats into everything?

the klan is a democrat organization…..why do you bring the democrats into everything?

I know... the Democrats.. the party of slavery, Jim Crow and opposition to civil rights.

I'll consult my Bible later.. but I don't recall ever reading that....
Consult the Quran while you are at it and find the part where rape victims are to be killed.

the klan is a democrat organization…

2jfia0.jpg

I BEG TO DIFFER...

Forum List

Back