Cantor pulls out of Biden debt talks

Leave it to partisan hacks...turn a thread about debt into yet another worn out conservative vs. liberals mantra.

this is the USMB
our threads never make it past page 3

Without out someone chiming in
about how the other side can't win

Because their side must always be right
Without this idiocy we wouldn't even fight

I was going to keep going, lol

For the braindead leftists:

US National Debt Will Exceed GDP by 2012

Maybe if someone,,anyone did something about the costs of health care in this country,,things would be much better?

The new long-term budget projections from the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) show once again that the major problem facing the both the budget and the larger economy is out-of-control health care costs, not any inherent fiscal crisis. As was the case last year, the CBO baseline shows that the long-term debt to GDP ratio levels off in the baseline scenario. In the 2011 projections, the ratio of debt to GDP actually begins to decline after the early 2040s. The graph shows the sharp drop in future deficit projections following the passage of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) in March of 2010.
Statement on Latest CBO Projections | Press Releases)

So far neither party will touch the huge, huge problem of the infinite rising costs of health are in the US. We pay about double of what the next industrial country pays for health care. The cost of health care effects families, business and the government, it's training everyone's pocketbook. In the last ten years health care costs have gone up over 120%, wages rose 38%. Our economy isn't recovering because the consumer class doesn't have expendable income. Health care costs are the biggest reason for bankruptcy in America.
Yet the politic ans in Washington act like whores for the health care sector and have done nothing to reign in the cost of health care. As a matter of fact Washington has enabled the health care industry to even make more money without trimming it's own fat. (Administrative cost for health care in the US is the highest in the world by a large margin).
In 2009, US health care costs totaled $2.47 trillion (17.3 of the GDP) by 2019 the estimated cost for health care will be at $4.5 trillion trillion.*
* CMS Report Says Health Care Spending Was 17.3% of GDP in 2009 | Swampland

This morning we find out that House Majority leader Eric Cantor is withdrawing from negotiations over the debt ceiling talks, citing the dems unwillingness to move from thir stance on tax hikes. Cantor says a tax hike cannot pass the House and so he pulled out of the meetings.

My opinion, he can spout off about it, but walking away does not look good. Reminds me of the dems that left Wisconsin or Indiana a little bit, you're supposed to keep fighting and talking rather than quit. I'm sure this is an attempt to apply political pressure on the president, McConnell is already saying the president has to lead. Maybe it makes political sense, but could backfire if the public's perception is that the GOP is being too stubborn and uncooperative. People want results not finger pointing.

Hey! The demonRats love people who run across the border. Cantor must be an in da closet demonRat Hero. Hey?

I DO NOT support what Eric Cantor did, nor should any consistent conservative who were ticked off at the Dems in Wisconsin who fled their elected duty.. just as the libs in this thread, who cheered on those dems who took off.. you're no better.. Everyone take off their partisan hats for the good of this country or there won't be a country left to worry about.. We're facing financial collapse and it's not too far off in the distance. Eric Cantor, get your ass back to those negotiations.

As a women you seem oblivious to the pressures some women face everyday. One of the units I managed was focused on domestic violence, it was clear that some men impregnate women as a means of securing power and control.

Planned parenthood does more than broker abortions, it counsels women on the proper use of birth control and the prevention of STD, among other services. See:

Methods of Abortion

Don't try to convince us of your leftist propaganda. We're taught in school as early as the 4th grade about birth control.. I don't even want to hear your shit.. 98% of ALL abortions are elective.. Go preach to your leftist cohorts and abortion fanatics.. while you're at it, pay for your own damn kids and abortions. Being YOU and that other assclown are soo compassionate and concerned, POST your names and phone numbers in this thread along with your promise to send money to all girls who get pregnant, wanting an abortion.. SEE HOW THAT WORKS?? You get to support what you believe in.. GOT IT??? Not so compassionate when it's your fucking money huh?? HYPOCRITES.. SAVE IT!

So why did "Conservative" Palin's daughter have a baby? Didn't somebody teach her those good old conservative ideals about birth control and not to spread her legs? I guess that shat happens and kids still get born so why not judge everyone that facks up?

She's not raising her daughter on our dime is she? There is a big difference. Both are irresponsible in their personal choices yet at least Palins daughter isn't making everyone else pay her way.

Eric Cantor did not "flee" his duties. I'm sure if Biden decides to make an earnest attempt at negotiations Cantor is still "in his office" right across the hall. The dems everyone keeps referring to didn't flee a debate, they abandoned every part of their duties.

This morning we find out that House Majority leader Eric Cantor is withdrawing from negotiations over the debt ceiling talks, citing the dems unwillingness to move from thir stance on tax hikes. Cantor says a tax hike cannot pass the House and so he pulled out of the meetings.

My opinion, he can spout off about it, but walking away does not look good. Reminds me of the dems that left Wisconsin or Indiana a little bit, you're supposed to keep fighting and talking rather than quit. I'm sure this is an attempt to apply political pressure on the president, McConnell is already saying the president has to lead. Maybe it makes political sense, but could backfire if the public's perception is that the GOP is being too stubborn and uncooperative. People want results not finger pointing.

cantor pulled out because he knows there is no choice but to cut spending AND raise taxes and he doesn't want his name associated with tax hikes.

mcconnell is just a nutcase. useless and angry.

you're correct that people want results. and i think the right would find that people wouldn't have a problem with shared sacrifice... as long as it's actually shared. you can't ask the middle class to carry the cost of the wars and the cost of tax cuts for the wealthiest one percent.

I DO NOT support what Eric Cantor did, nor should any consistent conservative who were ticked off at the Dems in Wisconsin who fled their elected duty.. just as the libs in this thread, who cheered on those dems who took off.. you're no better.. Everyone take off their partisan hats for the good of this country or there won't be a country left to worry about.. We're facing financial collapse and it's not too far off in the distance. Eric Cantor, get your ass back to those negotiations.

Kyl left also..Seems the dems won't back off raising taxes and all the talk in the world ain't gonna change that.

cantor pulled out because he knows there is no choice but to cut spending AND raise taxes and he doesn't want his name associated with tax hikes.

you're correct that people want results. and i think the right would find that people wouldn't have a problem with shared sacrifice... as long as it's actually shared. you can't ask the middle class to carry the cost of the wars and the cost of tax cuts for the wealthiest one percent.

I'd take on more of the burden. IF, I knew my money wasn't being wasted.

As it is, I still don't trust them enough not to blow it, again.

Yes that is the problem. The sacrifice is not shared the tax debt falls on the shoulders of 50% of Americans. The other 50% get a free ride and keep screaming "We want more" Talk about a class war. I been telling you it won't work.

Yes that is the problem. The sacrifice is not shared the tax debt falls on the shoulders of 50% of Americans. The other 50% get a free ride and keep screaming "We want more" Talk about a class war. I been telling you it won't work.

Part of those 50% are companies like GE. Thought I'd drop that in.

Part of those 50% are companies like GE. Thought I'd drop that in.

NO.. the non paying corporations are a seperate entity. Wonder why obie doodle made Immelt chief financial advisor? ever wonder? Well, I wonder wonder why.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well this is more like it.. WTG Cantor .. Don't let the libs cower out of it. BALANCE THE DAMN BUDGET like ALL Americans do daily..

Eric Cantor || Majority Leader || Newsroom || Leader Cantor: House to Consider Balanced Budget Amendment

Here's a small insert:

“We are being asked by the Obama Administration to approve a debt limit increase. While President Obama inherited a bad economy, his overspending and failure to enact pro-growth policies have made it worse and now our national debt is currently more than $14 trillion. House Republicans have made clear that we will not agree to raise the debt limit without real spending cuts and binding budget process reforms to ensure that we don’t continue to max out the credit card. One option to ensure that we begin to get our fiscal house in order is a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution"

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Threads Merged.

Cantor is a shameless little pussy who is running away rather than doing what is right for his country. He knows he has to raise taxes and cut spending but is putting his party loyalties above the good of the country

One option to ensure that we begin to get our fiscal house in order is a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution"

A balanced budget amendment would be a terrible idea. It would mean that during the next recession, the Government could not provide unemployment or emergency assistance. It would basically ensure that future recessions would be worse than the past ones.

One option to ensure that we begin to get our fiscal house in order is a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution"

A balanced budget amendment would be a terrible idea. It would mean that during the next recession, the Government could not provide unemployment or emergency assistance. It would basically ensure that future recessions would be worse than the past ones.

Translation: A balanced budget amendment would stop us from spending our grandkids' incomes. WAAAaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF??? Do you have to keep your own budget in check? Guess what? When you balance the budget you can begin to save, ie put money back in to the Unemployment Insurance program that is BILLIONS IN THE RED--

Broke U.S. States

EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE is true. My gosh, you liberals are frighteningly ignorant concerning economics. Really?? Really??? If you bother to ACTUALLY read the article you will see almost every state has had to cut the Unemployment program..Cali alone is 48 BILLION in the red.

Last edited:
Translation: A balanced budget amendment would stop us from spending our grandkids' incomes. WAAAaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No. Ok, think of it this way.

A balanced budget would prevent us from borrowing to go to war. Meaning, if we were attacked and needed to invade some country (hypothetically of course) we could NOT borrow to pay for that.

Do you want to tie our hands to defend ourselves?

Forum List

Back