Cantor pulls out of Biden debt talks

This morning we find out that House Majority leader Eric Cantor is withdrawing from negotiations over the debt ceiling talks, citing the dems unwillingness to move from thir stance on tax hikes. Cantor says a tax hike cannot pass the House and so he pulled out of the meetings.

My opinion, he can spout off about it, but walking away does not look good. Reminds me of the dems that left Wisconsin or Indiana a little bit, you're supposed to keep fighting and talking rather than quit. I'm sure this is an attempt to apply political pressure on the president, McConnell is already saying the president has to lead. Maybe it makes political sense, but could backfire if the public's perception is that the GOP is being too stubborn and uncooperative. People want results not finger pointing.

Some time ago, I heard a conservatives republican (I don't recall who) say the following. (Since I don't have the exact quote, I will have to paraphrase it).
We're not going to negotiate with President Obama. He has to negotiate with us.
That's rhetorical nonsense. When two sides negotiate, they're each negotiating with the other party's representatives.

This is silly. And THIS is exactly what most Americans hate in Washington. If one side (or even both sides) take(s) a strident, inflexible negotiating stance, nothing meaningful gets accomplished. Considering the problems we now face, this is the legislative leadership equivalent of fiddling while Rome burns.

But I know the conservative base. They just LOVE it when one of their own has a little tantrum. They'll be cheering this move.

Last edited:
That's it. Force the children to be born, and then leave them in the street. You're all heart.

DIPSHIT, who forced you to spread your legs KNOWING you can't afford the consequences of YOUR OWN action??? DIPSHIT, who forced you to FOREGO birth control? Huh DIPSHIT?

Your hatred is getting in the way of your comprehension. I could care less about the women, or the men for that matter. However, if NO ONE is to blame here, it is the innocent child that you want to force to be born, and then don't want your precious tax dollars used for care after the fact.

You're damn right it makes me angry. I'm a single mother, working two jobs.. in the fall I go to college. I TAKE CARE OF MY OWN. You and other rotten liberal scum take food out of the mouth of my own child forcibly in order to pay for common trash sleeping around who don't have the morals or judgement to take responsibility for ANYTHING much less a kid. NEWS FLASH LEFTIST- I don't owe you or anyone else for that matter a damn thing. GET OFF OF YOUR LAZY ASS and work for it yourself.. Get pregnant?? Go to fuckin work and support your baby.. work two jobs like me if you have to but get your greedy, greasy fingers off of MY MONEY that I earn to feed my child.

Last edited:
That's it. Force the children to be born, and then leave them in the street. You're all heart.

DIPSHIT, who forced you to spread your legs KNOWING you can't afford the consequences of YOUR OWN action??? DIPSHIT, who forced you to FOREGO birth control? Huh DIPSHIT?

Your hatred is getting in the way of your comprehension. I could care less about the women, or the men for that matter. However, if NO ONE is to blame here, it is the innocent child that you want to force to be born, and then don't want your precious tax dollars used for care after the fact.

Force to be born? You know child birth is a natural act of nature right? It would be unnatural to murder it and not give it the right to "LIFE" would it not?
First of all, we don't force any child to be born, it's a natural thing, and all we ask for is the responsible parties who created it to take care of it on their own, not to take from the public treasury to care for the child, it is noones responsibility but the parents. Your way of thinking is exactly what is destroying this country.

Repbulicans just want to starve seniors, kill baby seals, and beat redheaded stepchildren while putting minorities in the ghetto.

Did I do a good impression?

You forgot the most important part, give more money to the rich at the expense of the working class.

You fogot voting. Shit. How could your forget that the evil Reps keep minorities from voting?? She's proven it after all. LOL

You "fogot" how to spell right, try it again.

To hold the world hostage like this is wrong. WE all know the debt ceiling will be raised, so dems, stick to your guns. Dont give them shit.

Raise taxes on the top 1% and raise the debt ceiling. Its a damn bluff they know they will lose. We know it, they know it and its a damn game they are playing.

Nice dodge. I'll ask again, how many times have you checked that box?

Never

It is a gimmick that will do nothing to touch $14.5 trillion in debt. If we are going to be serious, we need to take serious measures to increase public revenue while decreasing spending.

Sacred cows need to be cut

- Social security
- Medicare
- Military

Silly boxes on your tax forms and killing Planned Parenthood is not attacking our debt

If everyone used that box the results wouldn't be silly. Just like people say votes don't count so why bother. I'm certainly not claiming that as an option to lower the debt. I was just curious how serious you were. And planned parenthood like every other business (oil, agriculture) should not be subsidized by public tax money.

The only "box" on your tax form is the $3 presidential election fund

Even if there were a token debt box, I would not check it because it does not attack the debt problem

To hold the world hostage like this is wrong. WE all know the debt ceiling will be raised, so dems, stick to your guns. Dont give them shit.

Raise taxes on the top 1% and raise the debt ceiling. Its a damn bluff they know they will lose. We know it, they know it and its a damn game they are playing.

You mindless zombies must think money grows on tree's oh wait.. it grows on MmmMmmmMMmmm Barack Hussein Obama's printing presses.. WE'RE OUT OF MONEY.. Educate yourself and stop being an ignorant voter. DO YOU GET IT??? Do you??? What is it about the National Debt being 100% of the GDP that you don't get???!!!! HONEST TO GOD, you liberals are as dumb as dirt and you get to vote.. FRIGHTENING.

I hope they stick to their guns and don't pull the same shat they pulled in December and cave in.

You mindless zombies must think money grows on tree's oh wait.. it grows on MmmMmmmMMmmm Barack Hussein Obama's printing presses.. WE'RE OUT OF MONEY.. Educate yourself and stop being an ignorant voter. DO YOU GET IT??? Do you??? What is it about the National Debt being 100% of the GDP that you don't get???!!!! HONEST TO GOD, you liberals are as dumb as dirt and you get to vote.. FRIGHTENING.

Those tax cuts for the rich, do they go on trees? You support giving money to Israel but batch and complain about Planned Parenthood, you facking rightwingers like spending just as much as dumb ash Democrats, you just like spending it on different shat.

Planned Parenthood Got $349.6 Million in Tax Dollars, Performed 324,008 Abortions, Paid Its President $385,163
Thursday, November 11, 2010
By Penny Starr

Planned Parenthood Got $349.6 Million in Tax Dollars, Performed 324,008 Abortions, Paid Its President $385,163 | CNSnews.com

EXCUSE ME , if you liberals insist on slaugtering your kids, PAY FOR IT YOUR DAMN SELVES and Planned Parenthood can suck it. Once 2012 is here, they're on their own, if not before.. the days of tax payer funded infanticide are coming to an end. Buy your own damn condoms, birth control and take some responsibility.. EVERY DIME COUNTS, NO MORE TAX DOLLARS TO PLANNED PARENTHOOD.

And if you idiot conservatives insist on forcing women to have children they cannot afford, who pays?

HEY STOOPID, since when has it become the taxpayers responsibility to provide financial care for other people's kids?? How about keep your fuckin legs closed?? Gee, there's a concept.. CAN'T AFFORD KIDS??? Get on birth control OR REMAIN CELIBATE, otherwise you're on your own.. PERIOD. GOT IT?

As a women you seem oblivious to the pressures some women face everyday. One of the units I managed was focused on domestic violence, it was clear that some men impregnate women as a means of securing power and control.

Planned parenthood does more than broker abortions, it counsels women on the proper use of birth control and the prevention of STD, among other services. See:

Methods of Abortion

How soon will TM get up a post on Republican obstructionism and a Republican desire to trash the economy forever?

One small correction. TMN would never be able to properly type "obstructionism".

She'd accuse them of obbstucktoinsm.

And if you idiot conservatives insist on forcing women to have children they cannot afford, who pays?

HEY STOOPID, since when has it become the taxpayers responsibility to provide financial care for other people's kids?? How about keep your fuckin legs closed?? Gee, there's a concept.. CAN'T AFFORD KIDS??? Get on birth control OR REMAIN CELIBATE, otherwise you're on your own.. PERIOD. GOT IT?

As a women you seem oblivious to the pressures some women face everyday. One of the units I managed was focused on domestic violence, it was clear that some men impregnate women as a means of securing power and control.

Planned parenthood does more than broker abortions, it counsels women on the proper use of birth control and the prevention of STD, among other services. See:

Methods of Abortion

Don't try to convince us of your leftist propaganda. We're taught in school as early as the 4th grade about birth control.. I don't even want to hear your shit.. 98% of ALL abortions are elective.. Go preach to your leftist cohorts and abortion fanatics.. while you're at it, pay for your own damn kids and abortions. Being YOU and that other assclown are soo compassionate and concerned, POST your names and phone numbers in this thread along with your promise to send money to all girls who get pregnant, wanting an abortion.. SEE HOW THAT WORKS?? You get to support what you believe in.. GOT IT??? Not so compassionate when it's your fucking money huh?? HYPOCRITES.. SAVE IT!

Why cutting defense spending isn't on the table shows a total lack of balls by our leaders in Washington.
The Pentagon probably has more waste than any other governmental agency. The US spends more on defense than the entire world combined. The Military Industrial Complex is alive and well and is thriving.
Secondly, Rightwinger is 100% right, there should be sacrifices by all. Has Corporate America been asked to sacrifice? How about the wealthy? No and no. Their little pawns in Washington have made sure that these two entities slide through the budget cuts unscathed. Hell, there is movement in Washington that actually puts more money in the pockets of those who need it the least at the expense of Main Street America.
If the GOP ever cut it's umbilical cord from the rich and powerful, maybe this country could move forward, but noooooo. Facts speak volumes.
The Dems aren't much better, how about more welfare reform? How about cutting funding for the arts? How about trimming the fat in all governmental departments? How about readdressing entitlement programs? Are the Dems willing to make those cuts? NO!
The only way we're going to solve this countries problems is for both parties to compromise. It's too bad that playing politcal games is much, much more important than fixing our economy.

Conservatives make a great number of pronouncements which are, at best, questionable, but which they seem to have a great deal of faith about. (The republican party is, after all, a faith-based party) One of their BIG ones is that global warming is a hoax. Another one is that not raising the debt ceiling isn't really as bad as some people say it would be. Maybe we should just let Republicans have their way. Maybe we should let them put their faith to the test. Suppose we just don't raise the debt ceiling, and let's see how the world credit markets react. What's the worst that could happen? Sure, maybe the world credit markets might react negatively. So what? Who cares what foreigners think. And maybe the interest rate on our debt will jump, thereby costing Americans BILLIONS more dollars in interest payments. That's when we should vote the republicans into office, and they can fix the mess they just unnecessarily made exponentially worse. Hell, let's put those great thinkers, Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann in office. They'll dazzle us, I'm sure. After all, they've got their faith to guide them.

You clearly have never been involved in a serious negotiation. The Dems are trying to force the GOP to negotiate against themselves. The GOP is not falling for the tactic.

Conservatives make a great number of pronouncements which are, at best, questionable, but which they seem to have a great deal of faith about. (The republican party is, after all, a faith-based party) One of their BIG ones is that global warming is a hoax. Another one is that not raising the debt ceiling isn't really as bad as some people say it would be. Maybe we should just let Republicans have their way. Maybe we should let them put their faith to the test. Suppose we just don't raise the debt ceiling, and let's see how the world credit markets react. What's the worst that could happen? Sure, maybe the world credit markets might react negatively. So what? Who cares what foreigners think. And maybe the interest rate on our debt will jump, thereby costing Americans BILLIONS more dollars in interest payments. That's when we should vote the republicans into office, and they can fix the mess they just unnecessarily made exponentially worse. Hell, let's put those great thinkers, Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann in office. They'll dazzle us, I'm sure. After all, they've got their faith to guide them.

I have an idea lets give half the country to the Dems and half to the Reps with unfettered control of their own sectors. Oh, I'll be on some island some were taking bets as to which side does the most damage the soonest, the radical left or the reactionary right.
I'd say even money on that one.

Methods of Abortion

Don't try to convince us of your leftist propaganda. We're taught in school as early as the 4th grade about birth control.. I don't even want to hear your shit.. 98% of ALL abortions are elective.. Go preach to your leftist cohorts and abortion fanatics.. while you're at it, pay for your own damn kids and abortions. Being YOU and that other assclown are soo compassionate and concerned, POST your names and phone numbers in this thread along with your promise to send money to all girls who get pregnant, wanting an abortion.. SEE HOW THAT WORKS?? You get to support what you believe in.. GOT IT??? Not so compassionate when it's your fucking money huh?? HYPOCRITES.. SAVE IT!

So why did "Conservative" Palin's daughter have a baby? Didn't somebody teach her those good old conservative ideals about birth control and not to spread her legs? I guess that shat happens and kids still get born so why not judge everyone that facks up?

Forum List

Back