Can't we do better than Biden or Trump.

Probably one of the better choices available would be RFK, Jr.........but I honestly don't think he stands a chance.

Probably one of the better choices available would be RFK, Jr.........but I honestly don't think he stands a chance.

Kennedys tend to die gruesome deaths or run their cars off into creeks and kill women who can't swim.

I'll have to take a pass on that.

Kennedys tend to die gruesome deaths or run their cars off into creeks and kill women who can't swim.

I'll have to take a pass on that.

There is that Kennedy curse for sure and as I'd said I doubt he'd stand a chance against 'the powers that be" but even without all that I think his challenges with his voice and speaking is a great disadvantage to his chances with the voters.

Anybody with the brain power to do that job can do a lot better with a lot less aggravation working in the private sector.

The media simply will not allow that.
That ^^^ too, because they don't own him

The media doesn’t “own” candidates. They make money appealing to supporters of candidates who attract “eyeballs.” If there are “owners” of politicians it is usually their biggest campaign donors or the most influential special interests in their districts. Your “media” obsessions are noted.

Do politicians compete for available mass media attention? Of course! Is much corporate-controlled media biased? Sure!

But RFK is not going anywhere now because most Democrats see him as unstable and many know he was originally backed by Steve Bannon and the right. The liberal media originally made Trump a media figure even without trying, and Trump had the expertise and the demagogy to use the media — all of it — to promote himself.

The two political parties have had “gate-keeper status” for decades, and that’s why Trump aimed at taking over the Republican Party. His present lock on his cult gives him extra control over the party, even though many old-time party professionals despise him. Trump remains a terrible candidate!

Biden, on the other hand, has never been charismatic or especially effective in using the media. He got elected anyway and will be a poor Democratic Party candidate — unless he is convinced not to run.

Besides “Mother Nature,” who may convince Biden to retire? Not “the media” but powerful contributors, leading Democrats he trusts, or DNC factions that simply don’t have faith he can win. (More hidden elements of course can also play dirty tricks using the media or other means, just as during elections.)

As much as Americans are obsessed with personalities and media “fame,” there are many forces besides “the media” that have a bigger influence in selecting candidates.

Last edited:
The media doesn’t “own” candidates. They make money appealing to supporters of candidates who attract “eyeballs.” If there are “owners” of politicians it is usually their biggest campaign donors or the most influential special interests in their districts. Your “media” obsessions are noted.

Do politicians compete for available mass media attention? Of course! Is much corporate-controlled media biased? Sure!

But RFK is not going anywhere now because most Democrats see him as unstable and many know he was originally backed by Steve Bannon and the right. The liberal media originally made Trump a media figure even without trying, and Trump had the expertise and the demagogy to use the media — all of it — to promote himself.

The two political parties have had “gate-keeper status” for decades, and that’s why Trump aimed at taking over the Republican Party. His present lock on his cult gives him extra control over the party, even though many old-time party professionals despise him. Trump remains a terrible candidate!

Biden, on the other hand, has never been charismatic or especially effective in using the media. He got elected anyway and will be a poor Democratic Party candidate — unless he is convinced not to run.

Besides “Mother Nature,” who may convince Biden to retire? Not “the media” but powerful contributors, leading Democrats he trusts, or DNC factions that simply don’t have faith he can win. (More hidden elements of course can also play dirty tricks using the media or other means, just as during elections.)

As much as Americans are obsessed with personalities and media “fame,” there are many forces besides “the media” that have a bigger influence in selecting candidates.
The media decides who gets press and who gets ignored.

Only a complete idiot would fail to recognize that.

and just WHO influences more than the media???

Which “media”? The “liberal mass media”? Fox? The internet? Which part of the internet? Elon Musk’s? Mark Zuckerberg’s? Rightwing local radio? Newspapers? How about RT and its copycats? Or all the retired generals and CIA “talking heads” who appear everywhere? Ultra-right talking heads? Hollywood stars?

Which “media”? The “liberal mass media”? Fox? The internet? Which part of the internet? Elon Musk’s? Mark Zuckerberg’s? Rightwing local radio? Newspapers? How about RT and its copycats? Or all the retired generals and CIA “talking heads” who appear everywhere? Ultra-right talking heads? Hollywood stars?

I think you about covered it

Not as long as we maintain a "system" that incentivizes and rewards the very worst impulses of its participants.

The "bases" control our politics, so we end up with shitty choices. 1+1=2.
Aww, trying to justify your vote for Biden?

I think you about covered it
Thanks. I didn’t even digress to ask exactly what we are talking about — I mean what is being influenced.

If we are discussing “overall economic policy,” or “foreign policy” — and not just which shiny new politician gets financed and pushed forward — the answer to the question “Who influences more?” would be very different.

For example, the question “Who most influences credit policy” would be answered by … “The Federal Reserve.”

Last edited:
You can't get any better than Trump today and you can't get much worse than Biden. Kamala, AOC and Fetterman could actually be worse than Biden.
Niki Haley is a democrat in a Republican shirt. Listen to her closely, it can't be denied.

Forum List

Back