Can't IL Get Anything Right - Democrats Vote Down Medical Marijuana

Medical marijuana fails to pass House - DailyHerald.com

Yep there were Republicans voting against it also, but the IL house is control by a strong majority of Democrats and they voted NO on logical legislation. Anyone who voted NO on this hasn't watched someone go through chemo-therapy!

I think it's more of a regional issue than a partisan politics issue. A Republican from Northern California is more likely to support Medical MJ than a Democrat form MO or IL.

That being said, medical MJ is a farce. Just legalize it. Don't turn Drs. into pot dealers.

Why? They're already the dealers for big phamacy. Hang on I've got to go ge my medicine for my restless legs.........

Depends on the size of the tax, american farmers growing in bulk would be much more efficient than the current black market so a certain sized tax could be handled and still provide the goods cheaper than the black market.

I think we all recognize what would happen with any tax levied on the plant ...the same thing that happened with Tobacco not saying its right or wrong but it is enviable that it will happen and at some point revenue will start dropping because more and more start growing their own so more and more enforcement is needed its a self sustaining reaction.

I myself thinks its silly that pot is illegal while other far more harmful substance are legal albeit taxed like crazy.

Yeah I think we're pretty much in agreement, I think smoking is one of the dumbest things a human can do but the level of taxes on cigarettes and alcohol for that matter are out of control. But i still think out of control taxes on mj+mj being legal would still be better than keeping it illegal.

Not exercising and eating unhealthy food are a million times more dangerous to a person than smoking weed.

However I do think it should still be illegal to drive under the influence of mj.

People have a hard enough time just paying attention on the road there is no way in hell that intoxication by MJ should be allowed I completely agree. This along with being intoxicated in the work place.

Last edited:
Its called Taxes its a little hard to tax something that can and is grown everywhere unlike Tobacco or Coca or Heroin

How To Grow Tobacco

Coca can also be grown but it is illegal.

Heroin plants are very hard to find :eek: but opium poppies are a hardy plant. It too is legal to grow.

I don't believe most consumers will grow their own marijuana. Too easy to just buy it.

If you attach a tax to hemp like that of Tobacco hemp will be pushed underground yet again unlike tobacco hemp is a common weed that is extremely easy to grow like I said it can be grown anywhere and its small size makes its it suitable for single user cultivation.

One of the arguments used by ATF is one of the impossibility of tax revenue collection. The only practical way to allow the population to have and cultivate hemp is to not bother taxing it I think its safe to assume that's not going to work as well as not be allowed.

Cannabis has been a valuable crop for most of recorded history. It is not a common weed.

With current street prices, you could cut the price by 75% and still reap huge tax benefits for society.

Forum List

Back