Can't IL Get Anything Right - Democrats Vote Down Medical Marijuana

Both parties love the War on Drugs, they're desperate to keep the 1950's imagery of marijuana intact, even if it's bad for cancer patients.

Both parties love the War on Drugs, they're desperate to keep the 1950's imagery of marijuana intact, even if it's bad for cancer patients.

The war on drugs started in the 80s, but point noted. I can see logical arguments for cocaine, herion, acid, meth and roids (although I don't support them), but I can't see any good arguments against medical marijuana!

The war on drugs started in the 80s, but point noted. I can see logical arguments for cocaine, herion, acid, meth and roids (although I don't support them), but I can't see any good arguments against medical marijuana!

Marijuana was made illegal in the 30's, so the drug war has been going on a long time in my book just the political rhetoric hadn't used such terms yet.

I'm just talking about the types who think it's this horrible thing that kills everyone who's in a room with it for more than 5 minutes.

And I've never smoked weed once in my life, but every non-government funded study I've seen finds it to be often less harmful than caffeine.

It's probably worse for your health to eat mcdonald's once a week than smoke weed once a week. Outlaw mcnuggets?

don't outlaw mcnuggets. then you wouldnt have anything to feed your munchies after you smoke weed. just sayin'.

Medical marijuana fails to pass House - DailyHerald.com

Yep there were Republicans voting against it also, but the IL house is control by a strong majority of Democrats and they voted NO on logical legislation. Anyone who voted NO on this hasn't watched someone go through chemo-therapy!

I think it's more of a regional issue than a partisan politics issue. A Republican from Northern California is more likely to support Medical MJ than a Democrat form MO or IL.

That being said, medical MJ is a farce. Just legalize it. Don't turn Drs. into pot dealers.

Yep there were Republicans voting against it also, but the IL house is control by a strong majority of Democrats and they voted NO on logical legislation. Anyone who voted NO on this hasn't watched someone go through chemo-therapy!

And in New Jersey Christie, who I like for the most part, has done everything he can to block implementing a law passed by dems.

What gets me is that drugs are illegal yet tobacco is legal.

And in New Jersey Christie, who I like for the most part, has done everything he can to block implementing a law passed by dems.

Its called Taxes its a little hard to tax something that can and is grown everywhere unlike Tobacco or Coca or Heroin

It was Nixon in 1971 who declared war on drugs. Mostly because all the war prostesters smoked pot....

It's just another sign that the nanny state took over many, many years ago and that mentality is entrenched in the statists hypocritical minds.

I think they (the nanny statist) should have to get a constitutional amendment to ban recreational drug use of any kind, just like they had to do with the Alcohol. It should be all about freedom.

Its called Taxes its a little hard to tax something that can and is grown everywhere unlike Tobacco or Coca or Heroin

How To Grow Tobacco

Coca can also be grown but it is illegal.

Heroin plants are very hard to find :eek: but opium poppies are a hardy plant. It too is legal to grow.

I don't believe most consumers will grow their own marijuana. Too easy to just buy it.

How To Grow Tobacco

Heroin plants are very hard to find :eek: but opium poppies are a hardy plant. It too is legal to grow.

I don't believe most consumers will grow their own marijuana. Too easy to just buy it.

Yeah good poiints. It mostly has to do with all the government programs/employees/etc that get money because pot is illegal.

If broccoli were illegal for this long and all these bureacracies were in place you'd see it treated as the same way as hemp, a government pushed agenda to talk about how deadly it is.

How To Grow Tobacco

If you attach a tax to hemp like that of Tobacco hemp will be pushed underground yet again unlike tobacco hemp is a common weed that is extremely easy to grow like I said it can be grown anywhere and its small size makes its it suitable for single user cultivation.

One of the arguments used by ATF is one of the impossibility of tax revenue collection. The only practical way to allow the population to have and cultivate hemp is to not bother taxing it I think its safe to assume that's not going to work as well as not be allowed.

How To Grow Tobacco

If you attach a tax to hemp like that of Tobacco hemp will be pushed underground yet again unlike tobacco hemp is a common weed that is extremely easy to grow like I said it can be grown anywhere and its small size makes its it suitable for single user cultivation.

One of the arguments used by ATF is one of the impossibility of tax revenue collection. The only practical way to allow the population to have and cultivate hemp is to not bother taxing it I think its safe to assume that's not going to work as well as not be allowed.

Depends on the size of the tax, american farmers growing in bulk would be much more efficient than the current black market so a certain sized tax could be handled and still provide the goods cheaper than the black market.

How To Grow Tobacco

Depends on the size of the tax, american farmers growing in bulk would be much more efficient than the current black market so a certain sized tax could be handled and still provide the goods cheaper than the black market.

I think we all recognize what would happen with any tax levied on the plant ...the same thing that happened with Tobacco not saying its right or wrong but it is enviable that it will happen and at some point revenue will start dropping because more and more start growing their own so more and more enforcement is needed its a self sustaining reaction.

I myself thinks its silly that pot is illegal while other far more harmful substance are legal albeit taxed like crazy.

I think we all recognize what would happen with any tax levied on the plant ...the same thing that happened with Tobacco not saying its right or wrong but it is enviable that it will happen and at some point revenue will start dropping because more and more start growing their own so more and more enforcement is needed its a self sustaining reaction.

I myself thinks its silly that pot is illegal while other far more harmful substance are legal albeit taxed like crazy.

Yeah I think we're pretty much in agreement, I think smoking is one of the dumbest things a human can do but the level of taxes on cigarettes and alcohol for that matter are out of control. But i still think out of control taxes on mj+mj being legal would still be better than keeping it illegal.

Not exercising and eating unhealthy food are a million times more dangerous to a person than smoking weed.

However I do think it should still be illegal to drive under the influence of mj.

The war on drugs started when Nixon was president. The Rockefeller drug laws went into effect in 1973

as for dems being the problem, i don't think so... and your article says nothing of the sort. given that the vote was 53-60 and there is no mention of breakdown. but perhaps this speaks to what is the problem:

Rep. Patricia Bellock, a Hinsdale Republican, said marijuana use continues to grow among young people and the best way to fight that is to follow the federal government’s stance against legalizing it for medical use.

“This bill supersedes the federal law of the United States of America,” she said

Read more: Medical marijuana fails to pass House - DailyHerald.com

The war on drugs started when Nixon was president. The Rockefeller drug laws went into effect in 1973

as for dems being the problem, i don't think so... and your article says nothing of the sort. given that the vote was 53-60 and there is no mention of breakdown. but perhaps this speaks to what is the problem:

Rep. Patricia Bellock, a Hinsdale Republican, said marijuana use continues to grow among young people and the best way to fight that is to follow the federal government’s stance against legalizing it for medical use.

“This bill supersedes the federal law of the United States of America,” she said

Read more: Medical marijuana fails to pass House - DailyHerald.com

Both parties are the problem, Obama has the same backwards view on mj that Bush had.

Forum List

Back