Can't decide between Republican or Democrat

If they've been lying to you for 60 years, how did you discover the truth?

Cause and effect.

Examples?

Political correctness and the decline of free speech.
About as specific as I expected.

You want detailed lessons? I have reasonable rates.
In your inability to provide specifics to support your opinions? Got that the first time around.

The amount of misinformation coming out of the federal government in these time is astonishing. Revel in your fantasy.

How do you know?

Erica Groshen, Commissioner since Jan 2013.

Nope. The Bureau of Labor Statistics is a unit of the United States Department of Labor. The United States Department of Labor is a cabinet-level department of the U.S. federal government. The department is headed by the U.S. Secretary of Labor, who answers to Barack Obama.

No cabinet-level department in the current administration or information emanating from them can be trusted.

Not one, and none.
BLS is an independent statistical agency, seperately located from DOL with different servers and laws regarding data. No one at main DOL has any access to BLS data, not even the Secretary. As I said, Dr. Groshen is the current commissioner, appointed by Obama in 2013, but she was his first appointment to that positon. Dr. Keith Hall was appointed by Bush and served until 2012, when his term ended and a career BLS employee (started under Reagan) was acting commissioner.

No one has ever shown any political influence on BLS data reporting.

The amount of misinformation coming out of the federal government in these time is astonishing. Revel in your fantasy.
Ok. Show me your evidence of BLS giving misinformation or falling under political influence.

Stated earlier. Consider and compare cause and effect of the last 60 years of US history.
No you haven't. You've shown no evidence at all.

I am having a hard time deciding between what party I will vote for in next years election.
Here are my stances:

Religious Views: Atheist
Gun Control: Against, right to bear arms
Minimum Wage Law: support, should be at least $12/hr
prostitution: decriminalization, sellers should not face charges( only criminalize trafficking)
Medical Marijuana: Should be legal to buy in all 50 states
Abortion: Support 100% in all circumstances
Obamacare : support, don't get rid of it
unemployment benefits: should last indefinitely, person can't get job should still get benefits even if years go by without being able find a job.
Illegal Immigration: Against, need tougher border patrol
Tariffs: Support
Planned Parenthood: Support, don't get rid of planned parenthood

I have swung between democrat and republican when I have voted. Depends on candidate how I will vote. I consider myself much more of a democrat than a republican, but I really like Trump even though he wants to end Obamacare and doesn't support abortion 100% only supports abortion under some circumstances. I like Hillary's stance on social issues, but I don't think she will do much to create jobs or stimulate the economy. She will be lax on illegal immigration and she will not be putting tariffs on China. Hopefully by next year I will have made up my mind between Donald or Hillary.

Democrat

In your inability to provide specifics to support your opinions? Got that the first time around.

Au contraire, there is little reason to spend time throwing pearls at swine when the obvious is apparent.

Examples?

Au contraire, there is little reason to spend time throwing pearls at swine when the obvious is apparent.
You get points for a more creative dodge than is usual from your side. But it's all the more convincing that you have no facts, just opinion, and that will count toward future interactions. Just so you know.

Now, this is the part where you show your anger and add "If you think I give a shit about you and your opinions..."

And, go...

You get points for a more creative dodge than is usual from your side. But it's all the more convincing that you have no facts, just opinion, and that will count toward future interactions. Just so you know.

Now, this is the part where you show your anger and add "If you think I give a shit about you and your opinions..."

And, go...

No dodge. If you cannot recognize the simple example I gave as the most startlingly obvious example available in current US society, what would be my gain to expand upon it, or offer others?

And, go...

No dodge. If you cannot recognize the simple example I gave as the most startlingly obvious example available in current US society, what would be my gain to expand upon it, or offer others?

Note to the OP: Not that this board is indicative of the general mindset out there in the World That Isn't the Internet, but if you just take the posts in this thread as exemplary of each side's behavior, it will help you make your decision.

If you want to go with the party that's already told you "Fuck off, we don't need you!" and can't provide anything other than "because I said so!" as its reason for forming decisions, I wish you godspeed, but don't say you didn't have ample warning. ;)

And, go...

Note to the OP: Not that this board is indicative of the general mindset out there in the World That Isn't the Internet, but if you just take the posts in this thread as exemplary of each side's behavior, it will help you make your decision.

If you want to go with the party that's already told you "Fuck off, we don't need you!" and can't provide anything other than "because I said so!" as its reason for forming decisions, I wish you godspeed, but don't say you didn't have ample warning. ;)

Amusing.

I believe the poster just said "I'm right because I say so."

And, go...

Amusing.

And (A) poster is not a member of either party (B) if asked to provide proof, poster would not employ the dodges you do.

QED.

And, go...

Amusing.

And (A) poster is not a member of either party (B) if asked to provide proof, poster would not employ the dodges you do.

QED.

Neither am I. I am on MY side.

And there is no dodge.

And, go...

Amusing.

QED.

And there is no dodge.
So yours is the side of what Bill Maher called "I can't prove it...but I know it's true." Fair enough.

You should think in terms of the Supreme Court. At least 1, but more likely 2 judges will be replaced during the next administration.

What kind of SC do you think you would want? At least in part, yo should think about that when deciding.

I am having a hard time deciding between what party I will vote for in next years election.
Here are my stances:

Religious Views: Atheist
Gun Control: Against, right to bear arms
Minimum Wage Law: support, should be at least $12/hr
prostitution: decriminalization, sellers should not face charges( only criminalize trafficking)
Medical Marijuana: Should be legal to buy in all 50 states
Abortion: Support 100% in all circumstances
Obamacare : support, don't get rid of it
unemployment benefits: should last indefinitely, person can't get job should still get benefits even if years go by without being able find a job.
Illegal Immigration: Against, need tougher border patrol
Tariffs: Support
Planned Parenthood: Support, don't get rid of planned parenthood

I have swung between democrat and republican when I have voted. Depends on candidate how I will vote. I consider myself much more of a democrat than a republican, but I really like Trump even though he wants to end Obamacare and doesn't support abortion 100% only supports abortion under some circumstances. I like Hillary's stance on social issues, but I don't think she will do much to create jobs or stimulate the economy. She will be lax on illegal immigration and she will not be putting tariffs on China. Hopefully by next year I will have made up my mind between Donald or Hillary.

I'd say you ought to vote a straight Democratic ticket. Why? Because they will work with both sides to get shit done while Republicans hold purity tests and make fun of all those who don't agree with them 100%.

Immigration is the ONLY issue you seem to differ with Democrats. However, NO ONE is for illegal immigration, which is why Democrats want to pass the Dream Act, which makes sense. It would have the effect of making hard-working illegals that our free market demands be here legal, so they could then start paying into the system just like you and I.

Most liberals these days are for the 2nd Amendment as well, but wish to find ways for guns to not get into the hands of crazy people. Pretty sensible to me.

You're a Democrat apart from 1 or 2 issues. Democrats have proven they can bring fiscal sanity to the country while Republicans get in power and fuck everything up. Do you really want another crowd of George W. Bush and the neo-cons in the White House?

Amusing.

QED.

And there is no dodge.
So yours is the side of what Bill Maher called "I can't prove it...but I know it's true." Fair enough.

Yours is the side of "I don't keep up with current events much, do I?"

Things couldn't be more obvious were they attached to your face.

Yours is the side of "I don't keep up with current events much, do I?"

Nope.

Things couldn't be more obvious were they attached to your face.

As I've already indicated, it is quite obvious to me that you're incapable of providing objective data to support your opinions. There's no need to reiterate that, but I suspect you will, anyway.

It would be a vain effort to attempt to correct your lack of observation these last seven decades.

Forum List

Back