Can you be a Christian and vote for Obama?

Can you be a Christian and vote for Obama?

• Yes

Votes: 40 75.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
Of course you can be a Christian and vote for Obama. Of course you are wrong in doing so, but it doesn't make you less of a CHristian.

We're supposed to vote our Christian heart when it comes to elections and such. I find many of Obama's precepts to be in direct conflict with Biblical teachings. So I won't vote for him.

But there are many Christians who are true Christians who are just...mislead and will vote for him for whatever reason. It doesn't mean they aren't Christians.

quite possibly the stupidest post youve ever written. who the fuck do you think you are that you know exactly how God would want his people to vote?

Obama voted against giving life-saving medical assistance to babies born from botched abortions. This would be breaking one of the Ten Commandments. I can't as a Christian vote for a man who would deny innocent babies life once they are outside the womb.

LOL! So if you're a politician, you only care about the votes. That makes sense. I honestly don't know anything about Sarah Palin. You probably know more than me.

She's a loon. Imagine GW Bush- but in female form with all the potential insanity that entails.

(Before the onslaught- the female insanity comment is a personal conviction based on personal experience that is no way to be construed as an absolute certainty that can be broadly applied):lol:

She's a loon. Imagine GW Bush- but in female form with all the potential insanity that entails.

(Before the onslaught- the female insanity comment is a personal conviction based on personal experience that is no way to be construed as an absolute certainty that can be broadly applied):lol:

Still taking shots at Palin proves your own insanity. The Republicans are either evil or stupid. What about your Joe Biden? Why does he make so many mistakes and blunders if he "has" experience?

I never said Obama's church was racist, although some people think so. I suppose you could do a google search. I'm sure there are plenty of links that explain it better than I could.

Point taken. You're right. You did not explicitly say his church was racist. It was more of an impression I received from the statement that you would not attend a racist church. Thanks for correcting me.

The only statement I recall that I have heard some take as racist was that this country is run by white men and that it has always been run by white men. Which struck me as unproductive as far as discourse, but factually true so I didn't see anything racist.

Anyway, it's old news, right.

Obama voted against giving life-saving medical assistance to babies born from botched abortions. This would be breaking one of the Ten Commandments. I can't as a Christian vote for a man who would deny innocent babies life once they are outside the womb.

Polly want a cracker?

By the way, speaking of Palin and her stupidity, did you guys hear about the 2 DJ's from Canada who called her pretending to be Sarkozy?

She stayed on the line for over 7 minutes, and didn't catch on until AFTER 6! They asked her about killing things, her biographical film (which was a Larry Flynt production with a Palin look alike), as well as quite a few other things. It was played on the news, and after listening to it for around 3 min, I came to the following conclusion......

PALIN IS FUCKING STUPID!

Last edited:
Political Chic, we've already seen from your posts that you are one of those fanatical right wingers with a lobotomy.

Thank you. You just proved the point I made in my previous post on this thread. When you don't have an argument, you just start with the ad hominem attacks.

Thank you. You just proved the point I made in my previous post on this thread. When you don't have an argument, you just start with the ad hominem attacks.

Like I asked.....if Palin was so bright, why was she able to get punked by 2 DJ's pretending to be a world leader yesterday?

Nope.....she's a fucking moronic bitch of the pitbull variety, with lipstick of course.

Like I asked.....if Palin was so bright, why was she able to get punked by 2 DJ's pretending to be a world leader yesterday?

Nope.....she's a fucking moronic bitch of the pitbull variety, with lipstick of course.

You're not talking to your mother, so stop showing how inarticulate you are with your fowl language.

Why do you libs get so angry at Sarah Palin? Maybe because she gave birth to her Trig even though they knew he had Down's Syndrome. That takes courage. Can't handle a woman who has more balls than you...

Still taking shots at Palin proves your own insanity. The Republicans are either evil or stupid. What about your Joe Biden? Why does he make so many mistakes and blunders if he "has" experience?

Look, anyone who has been around any of my posts knows that

1) I try to make it clear when I am making a point in jest

2) I provide copious amounts of substance in my arguments along with supporting evidence.

I feel justified in a little humorous shot across the bow with both the understanding that I am doing so, and the fact that I far more frequently provide serious posts with serious discussion. I have only seen a couple of posts from you and it is already obvious you are simply repeating talking points seemingly unable or unwilling to formulate a coherent and reasonable position and/or argument on an issue. If you want to have a discussion with substance, I'm all for it, but taking a post I made in jest and trying to use it to jumpstart a discussion rather than the numerous substantive posts I have made, including the one I made here which has had no response to my knowledge, is cowardly.

You're not talking to your mother, so stop showing how inarticulate you are with your fowl language.

Why do you libs get so angry at Sarah Palin? Maybe because she gave birth to her Trig even though they knew he had Down's Syndrome. That takes courage. Can't handle a woman who has more balls than you...

Listen bitch, if you were my mother, we wouldn't be talking right now via the computer, so get that fucking idea outta yer head. I called Palin a bitch in the sense that she's a female who claims to be a pitbull. A female pitbull is a "bitch". You on the other hand, I call that because you're just a dumb pain in the ass. Woulda thought that an educated conservative like yourself would know that.

I want a LEADER who is SMARTER than Joe 6 Pack. Spent 20 years in the Navy, and I know the danger of someone in the lead who is stupid.

Listen to this and tell me she's such a bright woman.....

Palin Prank Call: Canadian Comedy Duo Convinces Palin She's Talking To Sarkozy (AUDIO)

Last edited:
Look, anyone who has been around any of my posts knows that

1) I try to make it clear when I am making a point in jest

2) I provide copious amounts of substance in my arguments along with supporting evidence.

I feel justified in a little humorous shot across the bow with both the understanding that I am doing so, and the fact that I far more frequently provide serious posts with serious discussion. I have only seen a couple of posts from you and it is already obvious you are simply repeating talking points seemingly unable or unwilling to formulate a coherent and reasonable position and/or argument on an issue. If you want to have a discussion with substance, I'm all for it, but taking a post I made in jest and trying to use it to jumpstart a discussion rather than the numerous substantive posts I have made, including the one I made here which has had no response to my knowledge, is cowardly.

Well, I've only read of couple of your posts too. So I guess both of us are at fault. I'm fairly new here, but I've made my share of posts that are more substantive than this. Now that you've informed me about your posts, I will look for them and pay more attention. Maybe you can direct me to some of your posts why you believe Sarah Palin is stupid.

Listen bitch, if you were my mother, we wouldn't be talking right now via the computer, so get that fucking idea outta yer head. I called Palin a bitch in the sense that she's a female who claims to be a pitbull. A female pitbull is a "bitch". You on the other hand, I call that because you're just a dumb pain in the ass. Woulda thought that an educated conservative like yourself would know that.

I want a LEADER who is SMARTER than Joe 6 Pack. Spent 20 years in the Navy, and I know the danger of someone in the lead who is stupid.

Listen to this and tell me she's such a bright woman.....

Palin Prank Call: Canadian Comedy Duo Convinces Palin She's Talking To Sarkozy (AUDIO)

You listen. Our conversation ends here. I don't answer to that kind of language. I respect your service to our country, but I can't condone that use of language. Maybe we can speak on another thread when you can speak more civily.

Who said I'm angry at Sarah Palin. I find her lack of rational thinking, her inflated self-perception, her lack of accountability for her own ignorance, and the general celebration of anti-intellectualism she seems eager to represent and which has grown dangerously large in our nation, reprehensible. And the fact that she even has a remote chance to become VP I find both offensive and appalling. But I'm not angry at her. She's at least given me hope simply by the number of other people who share opinion. I feel better about the future of our country knowing that at least some of nation perhaps learned from the mistake they made with Bush. Go have a beer with the person you want to have a beer with. Don't put them in charge of the most powerful nation on earth.

Of course you can be a Christian and vote for Obama. Of course you are wrong in doing so, but it doesn't make you less of a CHristian.

We're supposed to vote our Christian heart when it comes to elections and such. I find many of Obama's precepts to be in direct conflict with Biblical teachings. So I won't vote for him.

But there are many Christians who are true Christians who are just...mislead and will vote for him for whatever reason. It doesn't mean they aren't Christians.
What if you are muslim? What heart are you suppose to vote for then. And I see now where in the constitution it says to vote with your christian heart! Presidents are not religious leaders so therefore when it comes to election it should have nothing to do with whether you are christian or not.

You listen. Our conversation ends here. I don't answer to that kind of language. I respect your service to our country, but I can't condone that use of language. Maybe we can speak on another thread when you can speak more civily.

Fuck off bitch, you were the dumb **** that started talking about my mother.

Forum List

Back