Can you be a Christian and vote for Obama?

Can you be a Christian and vote for Obama?

• Yes

Votes: 40 75.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
Your God? Here we go, God-less person telling us what's in the bible... :eusa_hand:

you need to see scriptural quotes? I'll post em if you need to see how gruesome the OT is. Your faith may require you to rationalize dead egyptian babies but, hey, no one ever accuses a dogma junkie of being consistent.

God is in all of us. God is everywhere. So if I made a baby, I/God has the moral authority to destroy it.

Anyways, just like I am allowed to choose not to be a christian, I have the rigth to kill a fetus. It is great that you will never abort. God will be pleased. You can sleep easy.

God gave you free will while living. Murder now, pay later. :badgrin:

God gave you free will while living. Murder now, pay later. :badgrin:

Exactly, if I believe what you believe, then I will weigh that into my decision. But if I don't believe in heaven and I think this is all there is, then I don't want you forcing me to have a baby and raise it when that's not what I want. Life is too short.

As long as I'm not hurting anyone else, that can complain, then it should be fine.

I don't even want to discuss some woman and her doctor deciding to do a late term abortion. That is sad and it is their decision. You should stay out of it.

When it's you, you can do the right thing and have the baby.

Of course you can be a Christian and vote for Obama. Of course you are wrong in doing so, but it doesn't make you less of a CHristian.

We're supposed to vote our Christian heart when it comes to elections and such. I find many of Obama's precepts to be in direct conflict with Biblical teachings. So I won't vote for him.

But there are many Christians who are true Christians who are just...mislead and will vote for him for whatever reason. It doesn't mean they aren't Christians.

I don't know about that, but I do know Obama's views on abortion are extreme. I seriously doubt Jesus would agree that a baby who survived an abortion should die.

God states in the Bible that he knows us from the time we were unformed masses.

I think it's pretty clear that Biblically speaking, abortion is wrong. The Bible doesn't say we shouldn't kill unformed masses, but the fact that it says that we should protect the innocent and the vulnerable, and God KNOWS us from BEFORE our conception, and knows us AS unformed masses tells me you're walking on very thin ice if you try to claim God turns a blind eye to abortion.

God states in the Bible that he knows us from the time we were unformed masses.

I think it's pretty clear that Biblically speaking, abortion is wrong. The Bible doesn't say we shouldn't kill unformed masses, but the fact that it says that we should protect the innocent and the vulnerable, and God KNOWS us from BEFORE our conception, and knows us AS unformed masses tells me you're walking on very thin ice if you try to claim God turns a blind eye to abortion.

You're right. I don't think I would want to tempt God in this matter. He's a bit more powerful than I am.

My wife was raised Assembly of God and her church used their religion to persecute and condemn. She doesn't go to that church anymore. We do attend church regularly, but we don't always agree with the church's teachings. I guess it's a lot like this message board.

so you're saying it's possible to attend a church and NOT agree with everything that is said from the pulpit? :eek:

Of course you can be a Christian and vote for Obama. Of course you are wrong in doing so, but it doesn't make you less of a CHristian.

We're supposed to vote our Christian heart when it comes to elections and such. I find many of Obama's precepts to be in direct conflict with Biblical teachings. So I won't vote for him.

But there are many Christians who are true Christians who are just...mislead and will vote for him for whatever reason. It doesn't mean they aren't Christians.

Just out of curiosity Always Babbling, aren't you supposed to refrain from judging others (according to your religion)? If so, how are you able to call someone "wrong" for voting for Obama?

As far as "voting with a Christian heart", what in the hell does THAT mean? Does it mean that if you are a Muslim, Buddhist, Native American, or any of the other varied faiths, and you vote, should that vote be rejected because they didn't "vote with a Christian heart"?

And, exactly what does it mean when you say that you're not voting because Obama's precepts are "in direct conflict with Biblical teachings"? Are you a full-fledged Bible scholar, with degrees in both the OT as well as the NT, or, are you just a busy body poser who judges everyone according to their own narrow interpretation of the Bible? Personally? I think it's the latter.

And, the Christians who are voting for Obama because they are "mislead", well.....this brings up yet another question.........Are you one of the crazies that thinks Obama is the Anti-Christ?

so you're saying it's possible to attend a church and NOT agree with everything that is said from the pulpit? :eek:

It's possible, but not recommended. If you're a child, you have no choice. Once an adult, you can make up your own mind. For example, I wouldn't want to attend a racist church. Would you?

It's possible, but not recommended. If you're a child, you have no choice. Once an adult, you can make up your own mind. For example, I wouldn't want to attend a racist church. Would you?

it would depend on whether that church was in the heart of your district and had 8,000 members. Do you think Sarah Palin believes people need to have hands laid on them so they get rid of the witches and demons? Or do you think Sarah Palin is a treasonist for telling the Alaskan separtist group to "keep up the good work".

it would depend on whether that church was in the heart of your district and had 8,000 members. Do you think Sarah Palin believes people need to have hands laid on them so they get rid of the witches and demons? Or do you think Sarah Palin is a treasonist for telling the Alaskan separtist group to "keep up the good work".

LOL! So if you're a politician, you only care about the votes. That makes sense. I honestly don't know anything about Sarah Palin. You probably know more than me.

Easy answer... What Would Jesus Do? Hard to believe he would vote for a guy who believes in abortion...

It's easy to believe. He never said anything about abortion. They had abortions in the ancient world. Plato mentioned abortion. If he thought it was supposed to be such an important issue, he probably would have mentioned it- either to condone it or condemn it. But he didn't. We know Mr. Omniscient could not have lacked the foresight.

This is in all seriousness, xsited. Not trying to set up a verbal trap or anything, but while I saw some Rev. Wright comments that were over-the-top, maybe even a little on the looney side, I don't recall the statements that were overtly racist. Admittedly, I didn't listen to all of that tripe, but I tried to hit the high points. Could you quote for me the lines that were specifically racist?

This is in all seriousness, xsited. Not trying to set up a verbal trap or anything, but while I saw some Rev. Wright comments that were over-the-top, maybe even a little on the looney side, I don't recall the statements that were overtly racist. Admittedly, I didn't listen to all of that tripe, but I tried to hit the high points. Could you quote for me the lines that were specifically racist?

I never said Obama's church was racist, although some people think so. I suppose you could do a google search. I'm sure there are plenty of links that explain it better than I could.

Forum List

Back