Can women rock too?

I have a friend (a guy friend - of COURSE) who says that women can't rock. Whenever I bring up women rock bands, he says that no guys really like them and that they are "chick rock." So what do you think about it?

Unfortunately there are NOT a whole lot of women rock bands out there for me to make a valid argument. I bring up bands like Heart and I bring up lady rockers like Joan Jett, but he just laughs and says that they don't rock.

I'm looking for a good argument I can use against him. :D
No good women

Musicians, athletes, comedians, ceos, politicians, scientists.

Maybe you can name three musicians but they aren’t going to be the Beatles Michael Jackson prince or Tupac

Serena Williams

Sarah Silverman

Carli fiorino

Hillary

The woman who hosts that show on the history channel

That’s it. Why are there so few women in the government?

I have a friend (a guy friend - of COURSE) who says that women can't rock. Whenever I bring up women rock bands, he says that no guys really like them and that they are "chick rock." So what do you think about it?

Unfortunately there are NOT a whole lot of women rock bands out there for me to make a valid argument. I bring up bands like Heart and I bring up lady rockers like Joan Jett, but he just laughs and says that they don't rock.

I'm looking for a good argument I can use against him. :D
No good women

Musicians, athletes, comedians, ceos, politicians, scientists.

Maybe you can name three musicians but they aren’t going to be the Beatles Michael Jackson prince or Tupac

Serena Williams

Sarah Silverman

Carli fiorino

Hillary

The woman who hosts that show on the history channel

That’s it. Why are there so few women in the government?

I'm pretty sure Serena is part man. Maybe Hillary also....

I'm not saying she is terrible, but Hall of Fame material? Hmm. I don't know about that.

Say what ?

She is hall of fame

I know. That is why I said that. Lol. I disagree. Most of her popular songs were covers.

You started this thread to piss off guys , why? You think we didn't know chris?

I don't know what you are talking about. You have a problem with the thread? Then get lost. Thanks.

I'm not saying she is terrible, but Hall of Fame material? Hmm. I don't know about that.

Say what ?

She is hall of fame

I know. That is why I said that. Lol. I disagree. Most of her popular songs were covers.

I don't get it? Blondie , Joan jett, cindy belong in the rock and roll hall of fame

That's your opinion. I don't think they belong in the HoF at all. They are not that talented.

Say what ?

She is hall of fame

I don't get it? Blondie , Joan jett, cindy belong in the rock and roll hall of fame

That's your opinion. I don't think they belong in the HoF at all. They are not that talented.

95% of Joan Jett songs are covers.

She ain't no Joplin or Wilson sisters. I like her, but..

Say what ?

She is hall of fame

95% of Joan Jett songs are covers.

She ain't no Joplin or Wilson sisters. I like her, but..

That's how I feel too. I don't dislike her or anything, but she is just okay. Lol. She is good at what she does but not exceptional, like you would expect from someone who is in the HoF. Of course, this is not surprising, given some who have been let in and some who have been ignored.

..Was just looking. No Johnny Winter? Rick Derringer? No Styx? REO? Triumph? Grand Funk? WtF?

Joan Jett and Madonna? I can see giving Joan Jett a pass because she plays rock and roll.

Forum List

Back