Can women rock too?

.....and Gwen Stefani doesn't suck either....

28527lg.jpg

A lot of these are really good, but they aren't real rock and roll either, or like Metallica. I do have to concede that men and women are different in the rock sector, especially when it comes to vocals. I think that normally men are going to do better at rock and roll, and women will do better with other types of music. It just sounds cooler when it comes from a man's mouth for some reason. That is probably why we tend to gravitate towards different types of music too, but I LOVE rock, so the occasional women who come along who can rock as well as men are much appreciated. :D

Not like men do. The closest woman to really "rock" was Joan Jett

oh c'mon........

Janis had passion, but a crappy voice. Not impressed.
I don't know much about Patti Smith but she's ugly as dirt.
To be fair, I don't like ugly male rockers either

joplin had a ruddy voice. perfect for r & r. the rest of your reply is just too damn silly & superficial.

True. But it's how I feel.

it doesn't surprise me.... i call the stones 'the rolling uglies' - but still think they are one of the best bands ever to make music. on the other hand, pretty boys & most plastic females just don't cut it. especially when they need auto tune to cover up their severe lack of talent.

I think the Stones are overrated. :) A good rock band, but I've never understood the idea they are one of the best ever. :dunno:

I used an auto-tuner once.....and ended up out of tune. :lol:

oh c'mon........

Janis had passion, but a crappy voice. Not impressed.
I don't know much about Patti Smith but she's ugly as dirt.
To be fair, I don't like ugly male rockers either

joplin had a ruddy voice. perfect for r & r. the rest of your reply is just too damn silly & superficial.

True. But it's how I feel.

it doesn't surprise me.... i call the stones 'the rolling uglies' - but still think they are one of the best bands ever to make music. on the other hand, pretty boys & most plastic females just don't cut it. especially when they need auto tune to cover up their severe lack of talent.

I think the Stones are overrated. :) A good rock band, but I've never understood the idea they are one of the best ever. :dunno:

I used an auto-tuner once.....and ended up out of tune. :lol:

they are overrated only when compared to the beatles.

I have a friend (a guy friend - of COURSE) who says that women can't rock. Whenever I bring up women rock bands, he says that no guys really like them and that they are "chick rock." So what do you think about it?

Unfortunately there are NOT a whole lot of women rock bands out there for me to make a valid argument. I bring up bands like Heart and I bring up lady rockers like Joan Jett, but he just laughs and says that they don't rock.

I'm looking for a good argument I can use against him. :D

Guys only like Sheryl Crow cause of her looks, she's not looking to sporty nowadays.

That being said, her best song was IF IT MAKES YOU HAPPY

I liked her songs quite a bit when they first came out, it was a bit different at the time. Not just her looks

Forum List

Back