Can women rock too?

You guys like this Japanese BS and you don't like Orianthi??? Now THAT is a talented female rocker. :slap:

Les Claypool is a talented bassist, but I still don't like Primus. :D

Orianthi seems to be as much pop as rock. Some of the stuff of hers I checked out sounded like it would be at home on a modern country radio station. Not generally my style.

You guys like this Japanese BS and you don't like Orianthi??? Now THAT is a talented female rocker. :slap:

Orianthi seems to be as much pop as rock. Some of the stuff of hers I checked out sounded like it would be at home on a modern country radio station. Not generally my style.

Well she certainly has more talent than those Asians! :lol:

There just is not a big Blues influence in Japanese rock........ though, it may occasionally GIVE you the blues.

It is terrible. Lol.

Yes, but I'm trying to give them excuses.... ;)

You need to try harder then. :lol:

You just can't handle growling or screaming vocals. ;)

Well, that depends. I like Axl Rose. I like Lemmy. Not exactly what you would call a "good singer" but totally fit with the music. I also don't care much for music about cannibal corpses and stuff. That is just not my thing. :D

But you won't understand most of the lyrics in a Cannibal Corpse song, so that shouldn't be a problem. :rofl:

Well she certainly has more talent than those Asians! :lol:

She's a better guitarist, anyway.

It is terrible. Lol.

Well, that depends. I like Axl Rose. I like Lemmy. Not exactly what you would call a "good singer" but totally fit with the music. I also don't care much for music about cannibal corpses and stuff. That is just not my thing. :D

But you won't understand most of the lyrics in a Cannibal Corpse song, so that shouldn't be a problem. :rofl:

I know. That kind of music just isn't enjoyable listening for me.

There just is not a big Blues influence in Japanese rock........ though, it may occasionally GIVE you the blues.

It is terrible. Lol.

Lemmy doesn't growl, he's just got a gravelly voice. And Axl Rose? :p I like the first GnR album, but I wouldn't even think to mention Axl when discussing heavy vocals. :D

It is terrible. Lol.

Lemmy doesn't growl, he's just got a gravelly voice. And Axl Rose? :p I like the first GnR album, but I wouldn't even think to mention Axl when discussing heavy vocals. :D

Yes, well I was really kind of talking about people who can NOT sing very well, like your growlers and screamers. Lol. That is not singing, so they don't really count anyways. This thread is about people who have TALENT. :D

Yes, well I was really kind of talking about people who can NOT sing very well, like your growlers and screamers. Lol. That is not singing, so they don't really count anyways. This thread is about people who have TALENT. :D

There is talent involved in growling or screaming vocals. There are also tons of vocalists who mix styles, going from clean vocals to growling/screaming. The singer in the Dazzle Vision video I just posted mixes between clean vocals and screaming.

This band actually uses two vocalists, the woman for clean vocals and the guy for more of a scream/growl sound:

I think it fits together well on this album.

And I thought the thread was about women who can rock, not just people with talent. ;)

There is talent involved in growling or screaming vocals. There are also tons of vocalists who mix styles, going from clean vocals to growling/screaming. The singer in the Dazzle Vision video I just posted mixes between clean vocals and screaming.

This band actually uses two vocalists, the woman for clean vocals and the guy for more of a scream/growl sound:

I think it fits together well on this album.

And I thought the thread was about women who can rock, not just people with talent. ;)

There are other categories as well, somewhere in between clean and Animal growling....

Take my advise though and don't click on "play" unless you have your volume turned all the way down.

I have a friend (a guy friend - of COURSE) who says that women can't rock. Whenever I bring up women rock bands, he says that no guys really like them and that they are "chick rock." So what do you think about it?

Unfortunately there are NOT a whole lot of women rock bands out there for me to make a valid argument. I bring up bands like Heart and I bring up lady rockers like Joan Jett, but he just laughs and says that they don't rock.

I'm looking for a good argument I can use against him. :D
Fun gals I’ve had the chance to spend time with.

the bangles.

Thank you! I forgot about The Bangles.
They sucked live though! The rest would melt your face at a concert.

uh, ya--- they can hold their own.

The night I saw them they were drunk and horrible. I was pissed!

oh well then i can understand!!!!

I also understand that I should not make that judgement based on one evening, they rocked other places as you have shown!

Forum List

Back