Can we stop talking about the KKK already?

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
That organization stopped being relevant decades ago. The only time you hear about it is when people drag it out of obscurity to use as a political prop. It's quickly becoming as stupid as comparing people to Hitler.

If the KKK is newsworthy, such as endorsing candidates, then the news should be published.

If the KKK is newsworthy, such as endorsing candidates, then the news should be published.

That's really not possible since the Klan is no longer a centralized/organized entity. And for that matter rarely has been. So there is no particular spokesman as such.

They're relevant in the communities they are relevant in. Growing up in Indiana they were pretty darn relevant in the southern part of the state. Most of the US sees them as a joke, but not all.

They're relevant in the communities they are relevant in. Growing up in Indiana they were pretty darn relevant in the southern part of the state. Most of the US sees them as a joke, but not all.
They are pretty weak out here where I live. I have been told some of the cops out here where I live are members.

I heard a lot more about them in Indiana than I did in Louisiana. They're still relevant, just not in the places you expect and not in the way they once were.

The OP is not about how the Klan is centralized but we should stop talking about it.

Of course we should talk about it, until it is not newsworthy.

The OP is not about how the Klan is centralized but we should stop talking about it.

But you spoke of "the Klan endorsing candidates". There's really no way for "the Klan" to do that, as "the Klan" is not the single organized entity it once was, but rather a scattering of local yokels playing dress-up in imitation. There is no "the Klan" as a distinct united group, ergo it cannot as a group declare an endorsement, or anything else.

why not talk about racism???

The KKK, BLM???

The Democrat Party...

Racism at it's finest....

And don't forget Hillary's war against women, when she tried to destroy the women her husband raped...

But you spoke of "the Klan endorsing candidates". There's really no way for "the Klan" to do that, as "the Klan" is not the single organized entity it once was, but rather a scattering of local yokels playing dress-up in imitation. There is no "the Klan" as a distinct united group, ergo it cannot as a group declare an endorsement, or anything else.

Obviously they are still organized if they are calling themselves the Klan

KKK leaflets passed out in Tallassee

Uh, no. Anybody can do that. I could go print a leaflet right now. So can you.

I agree anyone can print a leaflet but since I have seen the Klan and their literature for myself I know they still exist.

I agree anyone can print a leaflet but since I have seen the Klan and their literature for myself I know they still exist.

Clearly there are people here and there calling themselves by the name but my point was to Jake's comment about the Klan "endorsing candidates", which it can't do since it doesn't exist as a centralized organization. So when that one asshat in Anaheim endorsed Hillary, or when that David Duke asshat in Louisiana endorsed Rump, they're speaking for themselves, not an organization.

The fallacy comes in when posters start running in going "look, the Klan endorsed our enemy". That's the kind of rhetorical bullshit I like to call out for what it is around here.

Clearly there are people here and there calling themselves by the name but my point was to Jake's comment about the Klan "endorsing candidates", which it can't do since it doesn't exist as a centralized organization. So when that one asshat in Anaheim endorsed Hillary, or when that David Duke asshat in Louisiana endorsed Rump, they're speaking for themselves, not an organization.

The fallacy comes in when posters start running in going "look, the Klan endorsed our enemy". That's the kind of rhetorical bullshit I like to call out for what it is around here.
Look, the KKK just endorsed Pogo.

What makes you think they dont exist as a central organization? Was there an announcement from someone or is it just your opinion? I note that California is showing no documented KKK groups but I know for a fact that they are out here.

ypfordhejrvk1lxojt0veatjpzdpn1xpgixehz7mcorluxorzrawn4t2r1d6gkze.jpg

That organization stopped being relevant decades ago. The only time you hear about it is when people drag it out of obscurity to use as a political prop. It's quickly becoming as stupid as comparing people to Hitler.
I agree completely.

What makes you think they dont exist as a central organization? Was there an announcement from someone or is it just your opinion? I note that California is showing no documented KKK groups but I know for a fact that they are out here.

ypfordhejrvk1lxojt0veatjpzdpn1xpgixehz7mcorluxorzrawn4t2r1d6gkze.jpg

Well, your own source for this map, for one ----

>> Since the 1970s the Klan has been greatly weakened by internal conflicts, court cases, a seemingly endless series of splits and government infiltration. While some factions have preserved an openly racist and militant approach, others have tried to enter the mainstream, cloaking their racism as mere "civil rights for whites." Today, the Center estimates that there are between 5,000 and 8,000 Klan members, split among dozens of different - and often warring - organizations that use the Klan name. << --- Southern Poverty Law Center
In the late 1940s a doctor named Samuel Green tried to revive the Klan again in Georgia, playing on the returning black war vets and Holocaust survivor immigrants plus "papists". He was having mixed success while Stetson Kennedy was scriptwriting the "Superman" radio show to destroy the Klan's image. But happily Samuel Green keeled over and died from a heart attack in 1949, leaving it without any effective leadership. Since then, no one has ever emerged to take on that role (and even then Green did not have a united system), so all the various yahoos we hear from are essentially freelancers. That was true of David Duke who founded his own organization in Louisiana and it was true of that yahoo who was stirring up shit in Anaheim recently. When they call themselves Klan, all they're doing is playing dress-up and emulating historical events -- as opposed to being "subsidiaries" of a larger national organization, which as such does not exist.

Last edited:
The Republican's KKK is more relevant than the Black Panthers.

Forum List

Back