Can the atheis end christmas?

I guess that A jewish atheists is an atheists that follows most of the moral philosophy that makes up Judaism.

I guess that would make me a Entrust.

To frog--We already kidnapped Santa and made stew out of Rudolph, I think we are half way there!!
roast Rudy stuffed with Palin, garnished with turnip dubya and McCain oven fries, Limbaugh's chestnuts roasting on an open fire, and a glass of Octo mums egg nog mmmmmmmmmmm :eusa_angel:

Last edited:
So i'm guessing now the atheist want to do away with christmas, putting the economy into the biggest depression of all time. No christmas mean the toy company will have to close factorys clothing co.,food ind., jewelry stores, every business will suffer and then the atheist will brag will gained another victory.

One of the problems with Christmas is that it is two holidays in one. It is a secular holiday of fun, parties, food and gift giving. I like that part of Christmas to some degree, and it is an American tradition. Let's keep it for now.

Then there is the Christmas that is about the birth of the Savior of the world. It is the one where the gift is God's Son, and the giver is God. It is a time to celebrate as well, but not in the same way as the secular Christmas prescribes.

The Christmas that is centered around Jesus really has no set date, though it is usually celebrated on 12-25 every year. That dare has no historical significance regarding Jesus birth. It has no official recognition expressed in the first century church. It is not actually Jesus' birthday. It is just a selected date.

Christmas, if celebrated appropriately, would be a daily celebration. It is not a secular event, but a Christian event. It would be celebrated within the hearts of individual believers, and collectively in the church. Christmas is an everyday event because each day we should be reflecting upon what Jesus means to us. What He gave us continues to give all year round.

Happy birthday Jesus, whenever that day is. But, Thank you Jesus for your presence in my life everyday. For me everyday is Christmas because everyday I receive from you what you have planned for my life.

I would hope we would honor Him for His awesome presence, daily.

I can also enjoy the secular Christmas. I really don't enjoy it much, however. It is way too commercial for me. I would like for the secular Christmas to be something that a family can celebrate without the competition of who can get/give the best gift. I would like for it to be a time when a family can celebrate family unity, love, and a spirit of caring. I would hope that those three things would be what drives us toward whatever gifts we do give. There is no place for obligation in a real family Christmas. Love overcomes obligation by replacing it with a relationship.

Well, I did not plan on writing so much, but there you have it. Just my thoughts.
God bless you all.

I love you allclic on pic $padeswood 083.jpg

I guess that A jewish atheists is an atheists that follows most of the moral philosophy that makes up Judaism.

I guess that would make me a Entirist.

To froggy--We already kidnapped Santa and made stew out of Rudolph, I think we are half way there!!

I just have two questions. Was the stew good, and will your kids pitch in some on the ransom?

The stew was kind of iffy and no--the ransom comes from the good Christian folks that still believe in "Tied and taped quiet Saint Nick".

The Ransom------One MILLION dollars--bwa-hahahaha!:evil:

Last edited:
I suppose the s;low erosion of traditions (even cherished ones) is part of living in a PC society.

I suppose the s;low erosion of traditions (even cherished ones) is part of living in a PC society.
I could not agree more Kingprawn, the bastards who did away with that fine tradition of the dunking witches, they should be hung drawn and quartered in the public square.

how could someone "end" christmas?

wtf does that even mean? Christmas should be celebrated modestly and discretely anyway. The vast majority of people that celebrate Christmas are secular.

Can the atheis end christmas?

So i'm guessing now the atheist want to do away with christmas, putting the economy into the biggest depression of all time. No christmas mean the toy company will have to close factorys clothing co.,food ind., jewelry stores, every business will suffer and then the atheist will brag will gained another victory.

Not for people who truly believe in the pit of their gut and the privacy of their own minds that the Christmas Stories are Gospel Truth.

Just like no amount of religious love or end-times fear will ever convince me that they are.

Ain't America Awesome?

So atheists are to blame for the state of our economy.

:lol:

I guess that would make me a Entirist.

To froggy--We already kidnapped Santa and made stew out of Rudolph, I think we are half way there!!

Unique position within the socioeconomic / geopolitical fabric of this worlds history.

Jewish describes his race not his religion. Jews are the mainstream religion where genetics makes some members just a little more special.

One of the problems with Christmas is that it is two holidays in one. It is a secular holiday of fun, parties, food and gift giving. I like that part of Christmas to some degree, and it is an American tradition. Let's keep it for now.

Then there is the Christmas that is about the birth of the Savior of the world. It is the one where the gift is God's Son, and the giver is God. It is a time to celebrate as well, but not in the same way as the secular Christmas prescribes.

The Christmas that is centered around Jesus really has no set date, though it is usually celebrated on 12-25 every year. That dare has no historical significance regarding Jesus birth. It has no official recognition expressed in the first century church. It is not actually Jesus' birthday. It is just a selected date.

Christmas, if celebrated appropriately, would be a daily celebration. It is not a secular event, but a Christian event. It would be celebrated within the hearts of individual believers, and collectively in the church. Christmas is an everyday event because each day we should be reflecting upon what Jesus means to us. What He gave us continues to give all year round.

Happy birthday Jesus, whenever that day is. But, Thank you Jesus for your presence in my life everyday. For me everyday is Christmas because everyday I receive from you what you have planned for my life.

I can also enjoy the secular Christmas. I really don't enjoy it much, however. It is way too commercial for me. I would like for the secular Christmas to be something that a family can celebrate without the competition of who can get/give the best gift. I would like for it to be a time when a family can celebrate family unity, love, and a spirit of caring. I would hope that those three things would be what drives us toward whatever gifts we do give. There is no place for obligation in a real family Christmas. Love overcomes obligation by replacing it with a relationship.

Well, I did not plan on writing so much, but there you have it. Just my thoughts.
God bless you all.
Cry me a fucking river! I always thought that the best thing about living in America was being able to worship who ever you wanted in whatever way wanted.

Don't bitch about how your Saviors birthday is getting hijacked because for some it's an excuse for much needed revelry. As long as you are free to sit your kids down on cold, clear, star-lit December night and tell them the Christmas stories as you believe them, you have all that is promised in The Constitution.

Last edited:

God bless you all.
Cry me a fucking river! I always thought that the best thing about living in America was being able to worship who ever you wanted in whatever way wanted.

Don't bitch about how your Saviors birthday is getting hijacked because for some it's an excuse for much needed revelry. As long as you are free to sit your kids down on cold, clear, star-lit December night and tell them the Christmas stories as you believe them, you have all that is is promised in The Constitution.
:eusa_hand::eusa_hand::eusa_hand::eusa_hand:

and you kiss your mama with that mouth?

how could someone "end" christmas?

wtf does that even mean? Christmas should be celebrated modestly and discretely anyway. The vast majority of people that celebrate Christmas are secular.

how'd they end prayer in schools?

God bless you all.

Don't bitch about how your Saviors birthday is getting hijacked because for some it's an excuse for much needed revelry. As long as you are free to sit your kids down on cold, clear, star-lit December night and tell them the Christmas stories as you believe them, you have all that is is promised in The Constitution.

That was a little over the top, eh?

:redface: Sincere apologies to Smartt33.

-Joe

God bless you all.
Cry me a *%)#&*river! I always thought that the best thing about living in America was being able to worship who ever you wanted in whatever way wanted.

Don't $&*%$^# about how your Saviors birthday is getting hijacked because for some it's an excuse for much needed revelry. As long as you are free to sit your kids down on cold, clear, star-lit December night and tell them the Christmas stories as you believe them, you have all that is is promised in The Constitution.

Gosh! Dry your little eyes and tell me where I said anything negative about how people worship. And, yes, it is a good thing about America that we can worship whomever and however we want.

I said nothing about the Christian celebration of Christmas being "hijacked! I just stated that there are basically two different kinds of Christmas celebrations, and in some cases they just don't seem to go together. However, you didn't seem to notice that I said I enjoy both. I don't think Christmas celebrated by Christians is in any way threatened. The atheists can cry all they want, but in reality our celebration is personal, and a faith issue among the church, and the atheists really will never change that.

That was a little over the top, eh?

:redface: Sincere apologies to Smartt33.

-Joe

Thanks. Accepted.

As a Jewish atheist with interests in retail, I will fight tooth and nail to give the goy what they want, I love the sound of those tills ringing:eusa_angel:

Thank you Jesus, without you I could not afford my profligate lifestyle

Jewish atheist, huh?:eusa_eh:

That describes about half of them. :eusa_shhh:

Not really ... most of us are christian actually, many are pagan ... it's a pretty large grab bag. ;)

Forum List

Back