Can something create itself?

RWNJ

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2015
I have yet to have an atheist answer this question when it's part of a debate about evolution vs Creation. They claim to revere science, which agrees that it is indeed impossible for something to create itself. It violates the law of causality. They cannot answer yes to this question, because they will look like a fool. They cannot answer no, because it lends credence to the argument that the universe was created. Simple logic. It can't create itself, so it had to have been created. Why are atheist so afraid of such a simple truth?

Last edited:
Why yes a life form can create its self. You are proof of it. No one in their correct mind would have created you!

I have yet to have an atheist answer this question when it's part of a debate about evolution vs Creation. They claim to revere science, which agrees that it is indeed impossible for something to create itself. It violates the law of causality. They cannot answer yes to this question, because they will look like a fool. They cannot answer no, because it lends credence to the argument that the universe was created. Simple logic. It can't create itself, so it had to be created. Why are atheist so afraid of such a simple truth?
Possibly but certainly not by any creator dreamed up by mankind

Maybe something can just always be...completely void of creation...not hard to except...

I have yet to have an atheist answer this question when it's part of a debate about evolution vs Creation. They claim to revere science, which agrees that it is indeed impossible for something to create itself. It violates the law of causality. They cannot answer yes to this question, because they will look like a fool. They cannot answer no, because it lends credence to the argument that the universe was created. Simple logic. It can't create itself, so it had to have been created. Why are atheist so afraid of such a simple truth?
You're right, god can't create itself.

Your logic fails.

Who created the God that you worship?

• Banned
Your logic fails.

God was not created. He has always existed. Why do people keep asking such a stupid question?

Maybe something can just always be...completely void of creation...not hard to except...
Impossible. It violates the law of cause and effect. If something physical exists, it was caused to exist.

Your logic fails.

God was not created. He has always existed. Why do people keep asking such a stupid question?

The universe always existed.

Impossible. It violates the law of cause and effect. If something physical exists, it was caused to exist.
We don't know that...something has to of always been for there to be anything...

now I'm sounding like Yoda...lol

And yet you adhere to God created himself, herself, or itself.

Clones? Am I missing the point? I probably am.[
We don't know that...something has to of always been for there to be anything...

You are correct. But that something would have to be non physical. Nothing physical can be eternal. Even a black hole will eventually boil away to nothing.

You are correct. But that something would have to be non physical. Nothing physical can be eternal. Even a black hole will eventually boil away to nothing.

Your logic fails.

The evidence points to a beginning.

Physic and chemistry creates more complex molecules from simple elements all the time.

When the aggregate molecules get complex enough, they start asking, ‘who am I?’ and ‘What’s for dinner?’

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
Your logic fails.

A physical impossibility. If the universe has always existed, there would be no available energy.

Correct. Something or someone was first that did not need a creator because they have always been. That's why the illogic of the "Who created the creator" rhetorical-question is easily refuted.

Your logic fails.

A physical impossibility. If the universe has always existed, there would be no available energy.

Why? Is it because the universe began with a finite amount of energy that is being exhausted?

DFluMuKXkAAPN7J.jpg

Forum List

Back