Can something create itself?

I have yet to have an atheist answer this question when it's part of a debate about evolution vs Creation. They claim to revere science, which agrees that it is indeed impossible for something to create itself. It violates the law of causality. They cannot answer yes to this question, because they will look like a fool. They cannot answer no, because it lends credence to the argument that the universe was created. Simple logic. It can't create itself, so it had to have been created. Why are atheist so afraid of such a simple truth?
Your logic fails.

Who created the God that you worship?
God was not created. He has always existed. Why do people keep asking such a stupid question?
The question is asked as it is the crux of the fallacy of dog.

The universe always existed.

The evidence points to a beginning.
No it doesn't.

Big Bang. The universe had a beginning. What evidence do you have?
The big bang is a hypothesis, not evidence.

It's the prevailing theory.

Why are you so opposed to the existence of God?
I'm used to "prevailing theory" being way behind me. For instance, when I was a child I was mocked by science teachers for saying that modern humans didn't evolve from chimpanzees and espousing my theory that is now known at plate tectonics.

Also, I am not opposed to the existence of God. I would absolutely love it if there some omnipotent supernatural being lookin' out for me.

The evidence points to a beginning.
No it doesn't.

Big Bang. The universe had a beginning. What evidence do you have?
The big bang is a hypothesis, not evidence.

It's the prevailing theory.

Why are you so opposed to the existence of God?
I'm used to "prevailing theory" being way behind me. For instance, when I was a child I was mocked by science teachers for saying that modern humans didn't evolve from chimpanzees and espousing my theory that is now known at plate tectonics.

Also, I am not opposed to the existence of God. I would absolutely love it if there some omnipotent supernatural being lookin' out for me.

Is it your belief that all of the matter in the universe has always existed?

I have yet to have an atheist answer this question when it's part of a debate about evolution vs Creation. They claim to revere science, which agrees that it is indeed impossible for something to create itself. It violates the law of causality. They cannot answer yes to this question, because they will look like a fool. They cannot answer no, because it lends credence to the argument that the universe was created. Simple logic. It can't create itself, so it had to have been created. Why are atheist so afraid of such a simple truth?
Your logic fails.

God was not created. He has always existed. Why do people keep asking such a stupid question?
christian kookery at its finest

If the universe was created by something else, you can call it god if you want. But that is not an argument against evolution. Also the word, "god," that you assign to that entity isn't anything that would micromanage your life, or listen to prayer. In short, you have an empty argument that only gives a word to something that is currently unknown.

Answer this question: How did God come to exist?

Your logic fails.

then why can't the universe always have existed? if you claim everything must have a cause, you can't exclude god. Otherwise, you can exlude the universe.

You mean like God? LOL

Your logic fails.

then why can't the universe always have existed? if you claim everything must have a cause, you can't exclude god. Otherwise, you can exlude the universe.

Well, something or someone HAD to come first that has always existed. Do you agree or disagree?

My belief is that God has always existed.

Your logic fails.

Well, something or someone HAD to come first that has always existed. Do you agree or disagree?
I've already demonstrated that your argument is a contradiction. If everything has to have a cause, then what caused God? If God doesn't need a cause, then why does the universe?

Why not eliminate the middle man and just concede that the universe has always existed?

Why not eliminate the middle man and just concede that the universe has always existed?

The Big Bang indicates a beginning. Also, what created all of the energy in the universe? And is the energy in the universe infinite?

Your logic fails.

I've already demonstrated that your argument is a contradiction. If everything has to have a cause, then what caused God? If God doesn't need a cause, then why does the universe?

Nothing can cause itself to come into existence . Everything in our realm exists because another caused it to exist.

The Big Bang indicates a beginning. Also, what created all of the energy in the universe? And is the energy in the universe infinite?
Astrophysicists are now migrating to the "brane" theory of the universe, which doesn't view the big bang as the beginning of the universe. I'm not going to explain it here. There are some excellent videos on the subject if you are interested.

Your logic fails.

Nothing can cause itself to come into existence . Everything in our realm exists because another caused it to exist.
What caused God?

What caused God?

Nothing.

What caused God?

Nothing.

So you admit your theory that everything has a cause is wrong.

What caused God?

Nothing.

So you admit your theory that everything has a cause is wrong.

No. Everything in our realm or "universe" requires a cause. God is not confined to our realm. Think of us as characters in a video game and God is the guy that created the game.

Forum List

Back