CDZ Can someone please describe White Privilege in specific terms?

"We" here first (forget about those Indians) " we" set the whole deal up. we brought in blacks as slaves, we brought in Chinese as labor, they worked there ass off, no pulling your self up by your boot straps, not allowed to be citizens. we made the laws to propel us forward. we took with out giving back. what changed? why did we fight each other, civil war for the kinda right for all to be included in the upward movement? don't most white people think that letting blacks buy homes in white areas brings property values down. some of the insane things our government has done to fix the problem has made it so much worse. in our quest to have & be more than any one else in the world we will throw any one under the bus, black brown red yellow now old not rich white people working stiffs. no wonder we are so angry, as we rush backwards to the good old days of the have & have not's

Kind of a cop out....
The cop out are people who post opinions but are too lazy to support those opinions with facts.

There is no such thing as "white privilege" just as there is no such thing as "Asian privilege".

Then how do you explain the lack of Asians in executive positions?
It's "alternative facts" to claim there are no Asian Americans in executive positions. Something else to consider is that not all Americans of mixed heritage hyphenate their citizenship. An example mentioned in a link below is famous football player Roman Gabriel whose Filipino heritage wasn't publicly advertised until 20 years after his retirement.

I'm of mixed heritage myself, albeit primarily Western European, yet I don't go running around advertising myself as Irish-American, German-American, Hispanic-American or Arab-American. I'm simply an American.

Lastly, as discussed ad nauseum in other threads, advances in genetics have proved that people are much more alike than not (99.5%), that the concept of "race" is a much smaller factor than melanin content since, genetically, people of different melanin-contents can be very alike while other of their same melanin-content can be more diverse. The only people who care about "race" are doctors (for historical heritage medical reasons) and racists. A person who continually flouts "white privilege" is, by definition, a racist.

rac·ist ˈrāsəst/
noun 1. a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

5 Female Asian American Executives You Should Know

The 130 Most Inspiring Asian Americans of All Time | Asian American Personalities | GOLDSEA

Kind of a cop out....
The cop out are people who post opinions but are too lazy to support those opinions with facts.

There is no such thing as "white privilege" just as there is no such thing as "Asian privilege".

It's "alternative facts" to claim there are no Asian Americans in executive positions. Something else to consider is that not all Americans of mixed heritage hyphenate their citizenship. An example mentioned in a link below is famous football player Roman Gabriel whose Filipino heritage wasn't publicly advertised until 20 years after his retirement.

I'm of mixed heritage myself, albeit primarily Western European, yet I don't go running around advertising myself as Irish-American, German-American, Hispanic-American or Arab-American. I'm simply an American.

Lastly, as discussed ad nauseum in other threads, advances in genetics have proved that people are much more alike than not (99.5%), that the concept of "race" is a much smaller factor than melanin content since, genetically, people of different melanin-contents can be very alike while other of their same melanin-content can be more diverse. The only people who care about "race" are doctors (for historical heritage medical reasons) and racists. A person who continually flouts "white privilege" is, by definition, a racist.

rac·ist ˈrāsəst/
noun 1. a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

The 130 Most Inspiring Asian Americans of All Time | Asian American Personalities | GOLDSEA

Does nothing to explain what happens to US Asians in advancing to executive positions. Asians clearly work and study hard. They get accepted to top Universities and get good grades. They exceed their white counterparts academically.
27.2% of professional degreed positions are held by Asians. Yet, in filling executive positions, only 13.9% of those positions are Asians. Whites make up that difference

How is that not "White Privilege"?

Kind of a cop out....

rac·ist ˈrāsəst/

Does nothing to explain what happens to US Asians in advancing to executive positions. Asians clearly work and study hard. They get accepted to top Universities and get good grades. They exceed their white counterparts academically.
27.2% of professional degreed positions are held by Asians. Yet, in filling executive positions, only 13.9% of those positions are Asians. Whites make up that difference

Feel free to suppose all you like, but it would be better if you had some facts proving not only what "white privilege" is, other than flatout racism, and what, specifically, "white privilege" is.

Correct. Just like Asian privilege doesn't exist in America. The differences are a combination of culture and democracy.

Racial inequality in the United States - Wikipedia
US_Race_Household_Income.png

Educational attainment in the United States | Wikiwand
Education_Income_Race.jpg

Interesting that with all those advanced degrees and high paying jobs, "Asian Privilege" has not gotten them more political power

Again, more cultural and democracy than the tired liberal meme of "racist".

Obviously racism exists among all cultures but 1) it's easier to suppress than "cure" and 2) there are other factors such as culture and democratic demographics that play a bigger role in the results.

Asian Americans' numbers and political influence are growing
....Since most Asian Americans don't live in battleground states — California alone is home to one-third of all Asian Americans — it's state and local elections where they can make the biggest impact.

"What we found in the past is that one-third of Asian American voters are undecided about ballot propositions even a month before Election Day," Ramakrishnan said. "If you do the numbers, that's 12% of the electorate. If one-third of them are undecided, that's 4% on ballot propositions that could swing either way, but those campaigns are not engaging with them."

Karin Wang, vice president of programs and communications for Asian Americans Advancing Justice-Los Angeles, agreed.

"You don't have to be 40% of the population to hold the key to the election," she said. "Asian Americans make up the winning margin in a lot of state districts. We did an analysis that showed Asian American voters exceeded the margin of victory in a number of key state congressional races."...

Kind of a cop out

While Asians undoubtedly do better than other ethnic groups in terms of academic performance and advanced degrees, those numbers do not carry forward in terms of obtaining executive positions

They seem to face a "glass ceiling" where their skills are valued from a professional perspective but not for executive level positions

White Privilege still rules in terms of who gets the top jobs
Asians make it on their own without affirmative action programs. That alone makes them a distinguished minority.

I would take an East-Asian surgeon among any other without having access to their records.

Yes, in areas where they can succeed with hard work ....Asians do succeed without affirmative action
Yet, once it comes to filling executive positions, they are overlooked in favor of white employees

An example of "White Privilege.....Yes or No?
No. They create their own "privilege". The same culture which stresses hard work and study also stresses conformity and they rule themselves largely by consensus. The cult of personality is largely frowned upon, with the exception of the Kims, Hos and Maos who were emulating Stalin.

How many famous East-Asians can you name off the top of your head who were not communist political leaders. Let's see, Yoko Ono,...and that's about it.

Interesting that with all those advanced degrees and high paying jobs, "Asian Privilege" has not gotten them more political power

Obviously racism exists among all cultures but 1) it's easier to suppress than "cure" and 2) there are other factors such as culture and democratic demographics that play a bigger role in the results.

....Since most Asian Americans don't live in battleground states — California alone is home to one-third of all Asian Americans — it's state and local elections where they can make the biggest impact.

"What we found in the past is that one-third of Asian American voters are undecided about ballot propositions even a month before Election Day," Ramakrishnan said. "If you do the numbers, that's 12% of the electorate. If one-third of them are undecided, that's 4% on ballot propositions that could swing either way, but those campaigns are not engaging with them."

Karin Wang, vice president of programs and communications for Asian Americans Advancing Justice-Los Angeles, agreed.

"You don't have to be 40% of the population to hold the key to the election," she said. "Asian Americans make up the winning margin in a lot of state districts. We did an analysis that showed Asian American voters exceeded the margin of victory in a number of key state congressional races."...

Kind of a cop out

While Asians undoubtedly do better than other ethnic groups in terms of academic performance and advanced degrees, those numbers do not carry forward in terms of obtaining executive positions

They seem to face a "glass ceiling" where their skills are valued from a professional perspective but not for executive level positions

Asians make it on their own without affirmative action programs. That alone makes them a distinguished minority.

I would take an East-Asian surgeon among any other without having access to their records.

Yes, in areas where they can succeed with hard work ....Asians do succeed without affirmative action
Yet, once it comes to filling executive positions, they are overlooked in favor of white employees

No. They create their own "privilege". The same culture which stresses hard work and study also stresses conformity and they rule themselves largely by consensus. The cult of personality is largely frowned upon, with the exception of the Kims, Hos and Maos who were emulating Stalin.

How many famous East-Asians can you name off the top of your head who were not communist political leaders. Let's see, Yoko Ono,...and that's about it.

So Asians are to admired for their hard work but not for their executive skills?

How is it then that major corporations in China, S Korea and Japan have Asian CEOs and yet, American firms just can't seem to promote them?

Kind of a cop out....

rac·ist ˈrāsəst/

Feel free to suppose all you like, but it would be better if you had some facts proving not only what "white privilege" is, other than flatout racism, and what, specifically, "white privilege" is.

I've provided you with an example of white privilege yet you continue to duck it

rac·ist ˈrāsəst/

I've provided you with an example of white privilege yet you continue to duck it
Disagreed. You provided a racist point of view without evidence to back it up.

rac·ist ˈrāsəst/

You are the one who first raised the issue of Asians in post 86....Does that make you a racist?

Kind of a cop out

So Asians are to admired for their hard work but not for their executive skills?

How is it then that major corporations in China, S Korea and Japan have Asian CEOs and yet, American firms just can't seem to promote them?
I have no evidence that east-Asians excel in executive skills. I don't even see them as leaders of the Democrat party which specializes in pandering to minorities. Perhaps successful minorities are considered less worthy. I yield to you on this.

The system in which a white teacher is more likely to view a black student as a threat, while identifying with the white student, and result in harsher punishments for the same kinds of misbehavior.

That's one example. It is not a 100% occurrence. There are too many other factors at work that means that it's practically impossible to quantify. But it exists, like the other prejudices in our world.

It's a shame you thought they actually was looking for an answer. Usually when someone asks a very simple question it's because they won't accept the answer. It's akin to asking "Can someone explain how water is wet?"

As soon as you attempt to answer they've baited you.

I think it's clear that what is labelled as "white privilege" is in fact primarily the resentment of black failure.

Finding a new term for something pandemic throughout the world which futility attempts to mitigate failure is nonsense. In much of Africa where Indians and now Chinese are succeeding and blacks are as always failing (relatively), the same logic would call for "yellow privilege" or "Asian privilege".

Thing are what they are. Pardon the tautology, but black failure is not tantamount to the "privilege" of others.

Kind of a cop out

I have no evidence that east-Asians excel in executive skills. I don't even see them as leaders of the Democrat party which specializes in pandering to minorities. Perhaps successful minorities are considered less worthy. I yield to you on this.

Corporations in China, Japan and South Korea do exceedingly well being run by Asians
Yet American corporations have a glass ceiling for Asians

I think it's clear that what is labelled as "white privilege" is in fact primarily the resentment of black failure.

Finding a new term for something pandemic throughout the world which futility attempts to mitigate failure is nonsense. In much of Africa where Indians and now Chinese are succeeding and blacks are as always failing (relatively), the same logic would call for "yellow privilege" or "Asian privilege".

Thing are what they are. Pardon the tautology, but black failure is not tantamount to the "privilege" of others.

I have already talked about "Asian Privilege" and why they are not promoted over whites

I have already talked about "Asian Privilege" and why they are not promoted over whites
Your failure is not my privilege any more than black failure is white privilege. Is that clear?

It is just a minority within a minority that is the problem. Given the truth the same is truth regardless of race. The family when it is broken most of the time have a great problem. The problem are money, education, self reliance. Some people just have not the "gumption" to get up and work out the problem. Females have the other problem and that is the children, "extra" burden, and responsibility . This is a crushing problem. In most cases the father has fled and finance is zero. The answers are a catch-22 and no one has really tried to find a way to correct this problem for both white and black and other. I you wonder what I am. Well I am a other. I had a wife once who told me if we got divorced the kids were going with me. She really met it.

rac·ist ˈrāsəst/

You are the one who first raised the issue of Asians in post 86....Does that make you a racist?
Sure, if it helps you feel better about yourself.

While we are using "Asian Privilege" as a reason to justify why there is no such thing as White Privilege

managementpipeline01.jpg

Why, if there are 27.2% Asians in professional positions, why do only 13.9% make it to executive positions?

In a society where that is 5.6% Asian. Seems Asians are doing very well for themselves compared to other racial groups.

Population estimates, July 1, 2016, (V2016)

Notice how I linked my data so others can check on the veracity of the information?

I don't why you all are having a such hard time with this question. .Considering you can't attend or teach at a University -- work for the govt -- or a major corporation without KNOWING what the accusation of "white privilege" means. A 10 second search on Bing turns up 50 Examples of White Privilege.

50 Examples of White Privilege in Daily Life

Now I don't know if that's sufficiently "academic" enough to satisfy you, but it's similar to the indoctrination that HR sensitivity course or College intro on the topic will give you.. Some are valid. Some are quirky and paranoid. But there it is. Some examples for folks too lazy to read all 50 examples are:

47. I can travel alone or with my spouse without expecting embarrassment or hostility in those who deal with us.

48. I have no difficulty finding neighborhoods where people approve of our household.

49. My children are given texts and classes which implicitly support our kind of family unit and do not turn them against my choice of domestic partnership.

50. I will feel welcomed and “normal” in the usual walks of public life, institutional and social.

Forum List

Back